Josh Allen since the KC win last season….22 TD’s and 16 INT’s.

Beast

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Josh thinks he's on Mahomes level.  @4merper4mer had this take first, but he thinks he's arrived.

Problem is, he hasn't.  Mahomes walked the walked first. He had that playoff game and beat him in the regular season and he thinks he's all that.

Eli beat Brady twice in the biggest stage and had that "aw shucks" demeanor still. Josh is walking around like he's a superstar with a solitary AFCCG blowout loss under his belt.

Based on last season and tonight, I don’t even know if Allen is in the same category as Herbert and Tua. Certainly not burrow or hurts

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

Based on last season and tonight, I don’t even know if Allen is in the same category as Herbert and Tua. Certainly not burrow or hurts

The thing is, he is as good as any of them, some of the time.  He really struggles playing up to a very high level consistently.

That's the problem.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

Burrow in Week 1 last year... 5 turnovers, OT loss

Burrow in Week 1 this year... 80 yards, 0 TD, 3 points, blowout loss 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He tore his UCL and played the Jets 3 times and Ken Dorsey sucks.   

But he had a strong enough elbow to make that throw on Thanksgiving to put the Bills in position to win the game.

Josh’s arm strength has not been the issue. The elbow excuse no longer cuts it.

This team has a lot of talent and the sky is the limit if they get better QB play.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I thought these Cam Newton takes were insane a year ago.  Now they are starting to ring true. 😕

I never ever thought I’d say that, but the last few games are telling me he isn’t using his brain enough. He’s still trying to rely on his legs and arm strength. Absolutely nobody is going to complain if we win a game and his stat line stinks because we dink and dunked. There is nothing wrong with tossing a long ball once in a while, but he needs to focus his efforts on the sticks. Maybe he just isn’t smart enough. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Completely agree. This is a huge problem.

Josh Allen is OK with winning football games so long as he is the primary reason the game is won. Any DC capable of baiting Allen into hero ball will find a willing victim. Until Allen can properly address this part of his personality, the Bills are in trouble and they certainly aren’t realistic Super Bowl contenders.

Josh can and should be great. Dammit man, learn this lesson! Before it’s too late!!!

Remember when he got drunk and told the team he was the best athlete on the planet. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Remember when he got drunk and told the team he was the best athlete on the planet. 

If this doesn’t tell you everything you need to know, nothing will. Dude is relying purely on physical talents, and doesn’t have the brain needed to win. 

Just now, Beast said:

OK, then whatever the issue is it has carried on for 10 months running.

Teams are taking away the deep stuff and putting spies on him. They are daring him to be a game manager. He is either unwilling to do that, or just isn’t smart enough to diagnose plays enough to take the open stuff. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He was 29-41 tonight for 236 yards. 

I thought he actually didn’t force anything deep or risky outside of INT 3.  

Our YAC yards continue to be embarrassing.  

It does seem like every bad decision ended up in tragedy. Kind of bad luck in that way. On the Mosley near-pick, I think Cook stopped his route when he was supposed to keep running.

It really was a worst-case scenario for outcomes.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

OK, then whatever the issue is it has carried on for 10 months running.

If he does anything remotely like this tonight against any other team then the Jets, I’ll start to be concerned about Josh.   

And that’s when anyone else should to. 

In the 2nd half tonight (we can’t forget he was solid in the first half) the Jets came to play.  

And our OC got worked.  

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He was 29-41 tonight for 236 yards. 

I thought he actually didn’t force anything deep or risky outside of INT 3.  

Our YAC yards continue to be embarrassing.  

I’m pretty sure he clanked another one off the numbers of a Jets DB on a pass over the middle.

Josh’s football awareness was absolutely pathetic tonight. On one drive he could have ran out of bounds but decided to take on 2 tacklers for no reason. He picked up a meaningless yard doing that. Later, he tried to leap over multiple defenders on a 3rd down where he wasn’t even close to the sticks.

His stupid play has become alarming.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

4 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

If this doesn’t tell you everything you need to know, nothing will. Dude is relying purely on physical talents, and doesn’t have the brain needed to win. 

Teams are taking away the deep stuff and putting spies on him. They are daring him to be a game manager. He is either unwilling to do that, or just isn’t smart enough to diagnose plays enough to take the open stuff. 

He’s smart enough. That makes it worse.

• Agree 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Is that real?  Did that happen or did the joke just go over my head?

On a podcast a week or two ago with Kyle Allen, Josh and Jordan Palmer, Kyle told a story about a party after this years training camp where Josh had some pops and was telling everybody how he was the best athlete on the planet….after losing two games of pickle ball to Matt Barkleys wife. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.