Week 1, Bills v. Jets - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Gabe Davis drops eight touchdown passes and TBD sets the all time daily thread page record titled "Trade for Mike Evans."  The thread euphoria only lasts two days though as Brandon Beane gives Davis a five year extension on Wednesday.

This is the part that made me lmao. Way to nail it Doc!

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

This is a tough one.  It feels kind of like the league sent Buffalo to NY so that NY could win this game and get instant credibility to the hype ensuring all their games this year are must see tv.  Its like the Bills are the homecoming team or something.  All the national media was dying for a buffalo implosion this offseason and the past month they ramped that up to hype this game even more.  

They are going to come out like a bunch of wasps from a kicked hive and that is going to be hard to deal with early on.  If Buffalo survives the first half they should be ok. 

My heart says 

Buffalo     27

New York 24

The Bills defense gets a stop on fourth down frustrating their passing game and Allen takes a knee to end it.

My Head says

New York  31

Buffalo      20  

The Jets get a late score to make it look worse than it is, but Buffalo falls behind early and fights its way back only to come up short late.  It just feels like the league and everyone wants the jets to win and that makes me uneasy.  

I hope allen and diggs have a great night and allen throws it all over the building in a big win.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have it Bills 27, Jests 23 with NJ scoring late to make the final closer.  (Or maybe it’s the Bills scoring late to break the Jests fans hearts.  Who really knows?). In any case, I am confident of a Bills win in this game.  The Jests receivers are Wilson and a bunch of jags.  Hall off the ACL and I am not expecting much there.  Cook?  Minnesota obviously thought he was past his sell by date.  It will be the Bills D people are talking about after this game after Rogers looks pedestrian, throws multiple interceptions, and is sacked 5 times.   Allen surgically attacks the Jests with his new weapons and improved blocking.  First game of the Bills’ “No Respect” tour in 2023. 

• Like (+1) 1

Last year was marred by a less than focused Josh Allen who had 2 "bonehead" pics.  Bills Oline is better than last year, the RB's are better and Kincade offers  that X factor.  Defensively, Poyer, Hyde and White haven't all be on the filed at the same time in too long of a time.  Some fresh meat up front should get some pressure on old A-a-ron.  Jets are a good defense and an unproven offense.  Jets are too high on themselves thinking they are the SB Bears or Ravens.   Billls, no longer media darlings have much to prove, and a work ethic to prove it.

Bills spoil home opener for thee New Jersey Jets!  Bills 33, Jets 19

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/8/2023 at 10:59 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Could go either way. I think Bills have some early season mistakes and jitters, however do make some big plays, but ultimately drives stall out and they settle for too many FG's and let the Jets stay in the game. I don't trust Dorsey and I think he's overmatched against this more experienced defensive coach. I think Jets can run at will up the gut and our MLB will look like a top spinning around. Quinnen Williams will spend more time in the backfield than our own players.

As we saw with the Lions, the team that can run will more consistently move the ball down the field when the passing game isn't working.

Jets 24

Bills 23

On 9/8/2023 at 11:04 PM, Airseven said:

Bills 13

Jets 28

On 9/8/2023 at 11:59 PM, Virgil said:

Jets 38

Bills 17

Jets continue to drop seven in coverage and Josh refuses to take the underneath routes.  Dorsey continue to not play to his players strengths, with Cook and Harty being silent.  Jets get a few quick scores from the home field and the Bills never catch up for find their stride 

12 hours ago, KCNC said:

Jests - 27

Bilz - 18

10 hours ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

17-10 Jets

9 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Jets 28

Bills 23

Board implodes. 

Surprised to see this many Jets picks, but after thinking about this matchup all summer long, my gut tells me this will be a loss.

The details don't really matter; I just don't see us winning this game.  If we do, it will be a huge start to the season.

(Not saying we can't win; saying I don't think we will win)

I'll say Jets 27 Bills 20

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believe all the homers on this board are in for a rude awakening.

The Jets will be sky high and will shut down our offense and exploit our new middle linebacker with the ground game and throwing into his coverage area.

I hope I am wrong, but I fear that the Bills weaknesses will be exposed.

Let's hope I am full of crap!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills - 34

Jets - 20

The Bills will coast to victory unless the refs take over the game. The NFL would just love for the Jets to win. Between Aaron Rogers ands 9/11, a Jets win would benefit the league financially.

There is no more "mafia" as we knew it to try to influence game outcomes. Now, big business has all of the power.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.