Week 1, Bills v. Jets - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

I have not seen it so lock it up and redirect if so.

Bills 25

Jets 19

Weird weird game with a safety for the Bills, Jets moving the ball but stalling for FGs instead of TDs, and a failed hail mary for Rodgers late as WNY holds their breath. Bills jump out to an early 7-0 lead courtesy of Allen to Davis on a slant, but Rodgers gets back to back FG drives to get Jets within one mid 2nd quarter. A punt return miscue pins the Jets on their goaline and Buffalo gets the safety and the ball but the Bills have to settle for FG and go up 12-6. Rodgers leads the Jets for a TD drive right before half sending the NY faithful into a frenzy and the Jets up 13-12 at half. The Bills get a Tre White INT, but have to settle for a FG go back up 15-13. The teams trade FG drives and Buffalo enters holding a tight lead 18-16 in the 4th. Allen guides the Bills on a drive to start the 4th and gets a screen pass TD to Cook to give the Bills a 25-16 lead. The Bills defense holds the Jets to a 3 and out but Harris gets stripped on the next possession forcing the Bills to hold Rodgers to a FG and a tight 25-19 lead. Buffalo does its best to run, but Rodgers gets the ball on the Jets 30 with 27 seconds left and gets the ball to midfield. The hail mary attempt falls short and the Bills walk out with the W.

Allen 20-29 247 yds 2 TDs 42 yds rushing on 5 attempts

Cook 67 yds 14 att 35 yards rec

Diggs 7 rec 98 yds

Bills - 20

Jets - 17

Both defenses come out balling  

- Rodgers is not willing to take hits, not willing to scramble like he used to. 

- Rodgers with a lot of throwaways/screens/quick game

- Rodgers gets protection a few times and he and Wilson connect several times for big plays and Wilson scores at least once

- Dalvin Cook breaks at least one long run

- Bills generally hold Jets to FGs

- Dorsey has Josh come out with Rams week 1 gameplan from last year

- Ball out quick .. on time to counter Jets pass rush

- Kincaid and Harty get fed early

- Cook gets fed as well

- Sauce jumps route and gets INT

- Sauce gets burned at least once jumping a route after that

- Pass rush gets to Josh when Dorsey starts calling 5 or 7 step drop plays and he starts bailing and improvising

- Josh turns it over once or twice

- Eventually Josh starts running to break the pass rush and makes enough plays with his legs/arm to win the game  

Bills 31

Jets 13

Bills surprise jets with 12 formation and the two DKs and James Cook do damage to the Jest LBs and S duo.  

Bills D has success vs Jets run game and force some picks in Pass D. 

Allen throws for 250 and a couple TDs.  Harris has a goal line rush for a TD and Cook scores on a longer run. 

Bills 33

Jets 16

NY’s stout DL ends up getting a safety early on but then The Alien steps up and takes over the game. The Bills has plenty of opportunities on offense but up end with more FGs then they should, a couple of botched drives end in a FG when a TD was realistic.

Gabe Davis becomes the mvp outside of Josh. Diggs is smothered by extra coverage but still breaks a 100 TDs and a tuddy. James Cook does an adequate job to help move the chains when called upon. Cook finishes 85 combined yrds and a TD. Kincaid catches 5 balls for 112 yds/0 TDs and Bass hits a couple of 40 & 50 yd fgs but misses an extra point. 

The defense gets a couple picks off of Rodgers but gets gashed for 2 considerably long runs and a score by Dalvin. The Bills win and play pretty good but there’s a couple of things that they would like to clean. 

If any of this, especially the score, is even remotely close I’ll be ecstatic.

Go Bills!

Buffalo ** Jets ** last season tried the reverse curse, but it offended a few of you but that was not my intention and I got quite a few vomit emojis. I was just trying not to jinx the Bills by picking them so I'm just going to let all of you to fill in the blanks.    Go!! Bills!!! 👊

No one nailed it, but these 3 are the closest....

On 9/8/2023 at 10:46 PM, newcam2012 said:

I see a very tight game here. The Jets D is excellent and they have a good formula to stop the Bills explosive offense. Something has to give. 

Buffalo has to play really smart on offense. Can't force the deep balls. I'd like for them to establish a good run game and quick short passes. Then take a few shots downfield when needed. Allen has to be posed and accurate. Dorsey has to call a smart game. I believe the Jets Dline is a little too good. 

I don't see a high scoring game for the Bills. 

The Jets offense should be better even with an older Rodgers. The Bills don't have anyone to stop Garrett one on one. They have to double him make someone else beat them. I believe they will try to pound the run game. Rodgers will make just enough big plays on 3rd downs. 

I believe this is the Jets statement game. Their super bowl sort of speak. This game is much bigger for the Jets than Buffalo. 

Just a little bit too much to overcome for the resilient Bills. They lose a tight one.

Jets 23

Bflo 20

On 9/10/2023 at 2:19 AM, JaCrispy said:

Bills 16

Jets 26

With Rogers, Jets roster appears slightly better on paper…

On 9/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, Johnnyp566 said:

Jets 24 Bills 17

• Like (+1) 1

Congratulations to all who picked the Jests, you were correct.  It was a tough battle, but with a final score of Jest 22, Beews 16, the winners are:

Gold - @JaCrispy 26-16 for a total difference of 1 point (3 points difference deducted for getting the Bills score on the nose)

Silver - @Johnnyp566 24-17 for a total difference of 3 points

Bronze - @newcam2012 23-20 for a total difference of 5 points

See you all next week.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

19 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Congratulations to all who picked the Jests, you were correct.  It was a tough battle, but with a final score of Jest 22, Beews 16, the winners are:

Gold - @JaCrispy 26-16 for a total difference of 1 point (3 points difference deducted for getting the Bills score on the nose)

Silver - @Johnnyp566 24-17 for a total difference of 3 points

Bronze - @newcam2012 23-20 for a total difference of 5 points

See you all next week.

I don't need no props. I'm pretty pissed off the Bills lost. Tough to swallow an OT loss in that manner when  the Bills O had the ball first.

So disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't need no props. I'm pretty pissed off the Bills lost. Tough to swallow an OT loss in that manner when  the Bills O had the ball first.

So disappointing. 

We handed them the game.  And Martin continued his preseason habit of kicking right down the middle.  I was blown off when I pointed that out in preseason.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.