Week 1, Bills v. Jets - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

Let's have some fun.  Predict the Score for a chance at fabulous prizes!  (Not really)

I see this as a tight battle early, but the Bills double-dip at halftime, the Jest start pressing, A A Ron throws picks, and the Bills coast to a 2 TD victory.  I see it as:

Beews - 31

Jest - 17

Edited by Freddie's Dead

• Freddie's Dead changed the title to Week 1, Bills v. Jets - Predict the Score

I see a very tight game here. The Jets D is excellent and they have a good formula to stop the Bills explosive offense. Something has to give. 

Buffalo has to play really smart on offense. Can't force the deep balls. I'd like for them to establish a good run game and quick short passes. Then take a few shots downfield when needed. Allen has to be posed and accurate. Dorsey has to call a smart game. I believe the Jets Dline is a little too good. 

I don't see a high scoring game for the Bills. 

The Jets offense should be better even with an older Rodgers. The Bills don't have anyone to stop Garrett one on one. They have to double him make someone else beat them. I believe they will try to pound the run game. Rodgers will make just enough big plays on 3rd downs. 

I believe this is the Jets statement game. Their super bowl sort of speak. This game is much bigger for the Jets than Buffalo. 

Just a little bit too much to overcome for the resilient Bills. They lose a tight one.

Jets 23

Bflo 20

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Could go either way. I think Bills have some early season mistakes and jitters, however do make some big plays, but ultimately drives stall out and they settle for too many FG's and let the Jets stay in the game. I don't trust Dorsey and I think he's overmatched against this more experienced defensive coach. I think Jets can run at will up the gut and our MLB will look like a top spinning around. Quinnen Williams will spend more time in the backfield than our own players.

As we saw with the Lions, the team that can run will more consistently move the ball down the field when the passing game isn't working.

Jets 24

Bills 23

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I see a very tight game here. The Jets D is excellent and they have a good formula to stop the Bills explosive offense. Something has to give. 

Buffalo has to play really smart on offense. Can't force the deep balls. I'd like for them to establish a good run game and quick short passes. Then take a few shots downfield when needed. Allen has to be posed and accurate. Dorsey has to call a smart game. I believe the Jets Dline is a little too good. 

The Jets offense should be better even with an older Rodgers. The Bills don't have anyone to stop Garrett one on one. They have to double him make someone else beat them. I believe they will try to pound the run game. Rodgers will make just enough big plays on 3rd downs. 

I believe this is the Jets statement game. Their super bowl sort of speak. This game is much bigger for the Jets than Buffalo. 

Just a little bit too much to overcome for the resilient Bills. They lose a tight one.

Jets 23

Bflo 20

I'm not looking forward to seeing Cook & Hall run UTM all game with Bernard at MLB and DBs behind him.  Unless McD has a solution for that I can see them rushing for close to 200 yards.  With Rodgers at QB I'm not sure we'd win that game then.  Cook ran for 120 or so against us last season.  Sure, one big run, but if he breaks through the line often I'm sure he'll break a few long runs.  

They roughed Allen up pretty good last season, he hurt his elbow in the second Jets game.  

This is going to be a huge test for Torrence going up against Williams.  It's a lot to ask in his first outing.  

• Agree 1

Jets 38

Bills 17

Jets continue to drop seven in coverage and Josh refuses to take the underneath routes.  Dorsey continue to not play to his players strengths, with Cook and Harty being silent.  Jets get a few quick scores from the home field and the Bills never catch up for find their stride 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills 24

Jets 24

Tyler Bass and Greg Zeurlein each kick eight field goals including one each in overtime. 

Aaron Rodgers makes the two young undrafted WR's featured on Hard Knocks cry after key drops.  Both slowly descend into depression and become alcoholics after being cut for Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.  They later descend into madness and bomb a village in Colorado after agreeing to overlook an off-season hotel for the winter.

Nathaniel Hackett is arrested after getting into a fist fight with Sean Payton's first cousin once removed who is on the high school marching band performing at halftime.

Gabe Davis drops eight touchdown passes and TBD sets the all time daily thread page record titled "Trade for Mike Evans."  The thread euphoria only lasts two days though as Brandon Beane gives Davis a five year extension on Wednesday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Jets 23

Bflo 20

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Could go either way. I think Bills have some early season mistakes and jitters, however do make some big plays, but ultimately drives stall out and they settle for too many FG's and let the Jets stay in the game. I don't trust Dorsey and I think he's overmatched against this more experienced defensive coach. I think Jets can run at will up the gut and our MLB will look like a top spinning around. Quinnen Williams will spend more time in the backfield than our own players.

As we saw with the Lions, the team that can run will more consistently move the ball down the field when the passing game isn't working.

Jets 24

Bills 23

5 hours ago, Airseven said:

Bills 13

Jets 28

Way to toe the line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.