Week 1, Bills v. Jets - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

McD goes off the rails and calls for a 2 pt conversion instead of going for the tie and OT after a TD by Knox as the clock runs out. Bills fans are going crazy, over 100 posts in the GDT arguing about the call.

Brown moves just as the snap happens a flag flies!! 100+ more posts, WTF!!?? Brown is lambasted by this board, F-bombs flying, we should have replaced him!! After a ref conference that takes almost a full minute,  the call,,,,,

Jets lined up in the neutral zone.😁

Jets D lines up now for a qb sneak, ball is snapped,  Josh turns and flips the ball to Harrison,  Harrison bobbles the ball, but gains control,  goes to the right, Torrence and Brown destroy their man, Harrison goes in untouched!!! BILLS WIN! BILLS WIN!! Crowd is mixed but you hear the Bills Mafia overtake the stadium. All the posters B-ing about the call change tune. Chaos on the board, 50+ pages follow. McD has grown some big ones!! Dorsey gets a new meme as he's dancing in the booth. 

Bills 22

Jets 21

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

Jets 38

Bills 17

Jets continue to drop seven in coverage and Josh refuses to take the underneath routes.  Dorsey continue to not play to his players strengths, with Cook and Harty being silent.  Jets get a few quick scores from the home field and the Bills never catch up for find their stride 

Definitely plausible. Hope that doesn't happen. The game would suck watching. 

I think the Bills with their talent and experience shouldn't get too rattled. They should be able to keep it close if they lose. 

• Haha (+1) 5

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Way to toe the line.

It's about being honest and critical. That's my honest analysis, no emotions, which is more than 90% of this board can say. The Bills are the better team but we saw on Thurs the better team doesn't always win. Neither team could get the passing game working well enough so it was the consistent superior Detroit running game that won it.

The Bills will win next week. Will next week's prediction make me a homer too? Yay!

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've thought about this a lot this week. And frankly, I've been leaning Jets. The reasons that some have stated above. 9/11 in Jersey. Aaron's debut. This being the culmination of the huge off-season for the Jets. This is the Jet Super Bowl. That's a ton to overcome. 

Then it hit me this morning. This franchise has overcome MUCH more and MUCH harder in the last calendar year. I'm not going to list it because we all know what these Bills have handled and STILL won 14 games last year. 

Someone above also mentioned for the Jets this is a "statement game". That's very true. However, these Bills have a statement to make as well. The last time they stepped foot on the field in a came that counted they looked like complete amateurs. Think they aren't ready to send out the statement of: "We aren't done yet".

Low scoring. Hard hitting. Chippy. That's what I see for this game. Monday McDermott will bring a new attitude to this defense and that will resonate throughout the whole team.

Bills win this one 20-16.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's about being honest and critical. That's my honest analysis, no emotions, which is more than 90% of this board can say. The Bills are the better team but we saw on Thurs the better team doesn't always win. Neither team could get the passing game working well enough so it was the consistent superior Detroit running game that won it.

The Bills will win next week. Will next week's prediction make me a homer too? Yay!

It's about being predictable.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Jets 38

Bills 17

Jets continue to drop seven in coverage and Josh refuses to take the underneath routes.  Dorsey continue to not play to his players strengths, with Cook and Harty being silent.  Jets get a few quick scores from the home field and the Bills never catch up for find their stride 

Boo this man

Bills 24 Jets 10

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Bills 30

Jets 24

I think when you weigh all of the coaches and players on each team you come out pretty even. I probably trust the Jets roster a bit more than I trust ours, but I trust our coaches over theirs. All in all it's a wash.

I predicted the Chiefs would beat the Lions. Even though that prediction turned out wrong, I'm going to use the same logic to predict the Bills win. When all else fails I bet on the team that has experience fighting through critical moments. I expect us to make a couple fewer mistakes over the course of the game. Allen will make a couple more plays than Rodgers because he has more familiarity with his guys. It will take Rodgers some time to get fully up to speed, just like it did with Stafford and Brady when they went to new teams.

All of those small moments that we win because of our experience will add up over the course of the game. 10-10 at halftime and then we slowly pull away. 30-17 with five minutes left and the Jets score a TD to make it interesting but they never see the ball again.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.