Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

If your bored give it a watch/listen.  First and foremost, Shady is hilarious.  Secondly, he goes to bat for Allen quite a bit.

Part that stood out was Edelman saying a former Bill who played with both Josh Allen and Daniel Jones said Jones was way more accurate than Allen.  Have to imagine it was Beasley or Hodgins, but Breida or Davis Webb would also make sense.   

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, zevo said:

Shady was one of the first prolific players I can remember that backed Allen early on. Touting that he was special. Dude was 💯

After watching so many players come through here during the drought he was one of the first players I watched and thought oh thats what a special talent looks like. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

After watching so many players come through here during the drought he was one of the first players I watched and thought oh thats what a special talent looks like. 

Maybe Cook will be a little Shady.

22 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If your bored give it a watch/listen.  First and foremost, Shady is hilarious.  Secondly, he goes to bat for Allen quite a bit.

Part that stood out was Edelman saying a former Bill who played with both Josh Allen and Daniel Jones said Jones was way more accurate than Allen.  Have to imagine it was Beasley or Hodgins, but Breida or Davis Webb would also make sense.   

https://youtu.be/p6NyFPFpAzE?si=Q8UeyRLxEoXn0B6d

So you do know your link is to this thread right? Like you have to copy the text and paste it to go to the video clicking it essentially refreshes the page.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’d rather have a blindfolded Josh Allen than a wide-eyed Daniel Jones. 

Whoever made that statement obviously has a sore ass that Buffalo let them go.

Ill post a link to that as well, but Beasley was on the Shane Gillis Podcast earlier this week.  He said he text Beane to come back when he left the Giants and Beane said "Ill keep you in mind."   I have no doubt its Beasley. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

So you do know your link is to this thread right? Like you have to copy the text and paste it to go to the video clicking it essentially refreshes the page.

Tried to embed the code but didnt figure that out either. 

Man Edelman is awful, skipped around the video the bit about Josh to see what Shady said about him, spoiler we don't know Edelman didn't let him say what he was wanting to say and made it about what he wanted to talk about with Josh. So Shady is basically on the defensive the whole time as Edelman vomits the same old tired narrative.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Man Edelman is awful, skipped around the video the bit about Josh to see what Shady said about him, spoiler we don't know Edelman didn't let him say what he was wanting to say and made it about what he wanted to talk about with Josh. So Shady is basically on the defensive the whole time as Edelman vomits the same old tired narrative.

Thanks for the heads up… I’ll give it a miss….

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think what he brought up was apt.   Yes, its the same argument a lot of people make, he's too reckless/he cant beat Mahomes (both of which are true to an extent) but I also think Shady did a hell of a job of saying why those things are excusable to an extent.   

For those who aren't going to listen Shady essentially said Allen is like a modern-day Favre.   He said his ceiling is so high that you will take the recklessness.   I think they both agreed that no one else in the league can do what Josh does.  But, Josh tends to get in his own way as well.

One of the points Shady made that few people seem to really take to heart is that championships are harder than hell to win.  Patriot fans seem to think they grow on trees.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Process said:

Edelman did say it was a guy that's no longer with the Giants (Hodgins and Bredia are). Smells like Beasley. 

It might also be Feliciano since he left with bad blood and is on the 9ers now 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You know this was Beasley. Both him and Edelman are founding members of the white slot WR with a beard club. I just don’t get these guys. The one thing that I learned early in my professional life is to never burn bridges. Beasley lights up those bridges with a blowtorch. 

Edited by Low Positive
  • Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think what he brought up was apt.   Yes, its the same argument a lot of people make, he's too reckless/he cant beat Mahomes (both of which are true to an extent) but I also think Shady did a hell of a job of saying why those things are excusable to an extent.   

For those who aren't going to listen Shady essentially said Allen is like a modern-day Favre.   He said his ceiling is so high that you will take the recklessness.   I think they both agreed that no one else in the league can do what Josh does.  But, Josh tends to get in his own way as well.

One of the points Shady made that few people seem to really take to heart is that championships are harder than hell to win.  Patriot fans seem to think they grow on trees.   

Yeah Shady defended it well, but it's just an awful way to have guests on a podcast that when they're about to bring up something that they'd have cool insight into, they were talking about QBs being cool but most having a bit of nerd in them or something and talking about Cousins, Dack, and Vick. Shady tries to say something about Josh and Edelman ***** derails it into this tired debate we hear everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It might also be Feliciano since he left with bad blood and is on the 9ers now 

Did he drop a fatman TD pass at some point?

Edited by Warcodered

31 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How is his “recklessness” a reason that he “can’t beat Mahomes?” He doesn’t turn the ball over in the playoffs. Maybe Josh should take some more risks in the playoffs.

Edited by Low Positive
  • Agree 1

My money is on Davis Webb. Allen seems like he is able to essentially choose who his backups are, and those decisions are often based on personal friendships (Barkley, Kyle Allen).

Webb was gone after only one year here and is probably bitter about how the QB room was constructed. 

Edited by Patrick Fitzryan

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Ill post a link to that as well, but Beasley was on the Shane Gillis Podcast earlier this week.  He said he text Beane to come back when he left the Giants and Beane said "Ill keep you in mind."   I have no doubt its Beasley. 

Tried to embed the code but didnt figure that out either. 

Beasley has always been a turd, good slot guy for two seasons, but still a turd, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah Shady defended it well, but it's just an awful way to have guests on a podcast that when they're about to bring up something that they'd have cool insight into, they were talking about QBs being cool but most having a bit of nerd in them or something and talking about Cousins, Dack, and Vick. Shady tries to say something about Josh and Edelman ***** derails it into this tired debate we hear everywhere.

Did he drop a fatman TD pass at some point?

Agreed there.  I was more interested in hearing why Shady didnt think Allen was a nerd, than having to hear another debate about whether he turns the ball over too much. 

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

How is his “recklessness” a reason that he “can’t beat Mahomes?” He doesn’t turn the ball over in the playoffs. Maybe Josh should take some more rusts in the playoffs.

I think they are seen as separate issues.   However, I think the margin for error is so small in the NFL that you could argue if Josh takes the check down instead of gunning for the endzone in the latest Chiefs game there may be some sort of correlation.   

20 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

You know this was Beasley. Both him and Edelman are founding members of the white slot WR with a beard club. I just don’t get these guys. The one thing that I learned early in my professional life is to never burn bridges. Beasley lights up those bridges with a blowtorch. 

Beasley never even played a game for the Giants and had his best years with Allen. It makes no sense that he would say that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Beasley never even played a game for the Giants and had his best years with Allen. It makes no sense that he would say that.

He declared Dak better than Josh as soon as the ink dried on his Giants contract. He’s a bitter little man.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

He declared Dak better than Josh as soon as the ink dried on his Giants contract. He’s a bitter little man.

He said that Dak had the best presence in the huddle and, in the same breath, said that Allen was by far the most physically gifted QB he played with. He didn't exactly diss Allen.

Edited by Patrick Fitzryan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Beasley is thought of as a dumb as a box of rocks guy by most rational folks.

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Beasley is thought of as a dumb as a box of rocks guy by most rational folks.

I don’t think he’s dumb. He’s just confrontational and contrarian. He’s engages in online fights with fans and then asks “why is everyone mad at me?” Come to think of it, that’s pretty dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Where on the doll did Beasley touch you?

I didn't realize there was so much hate toward Cole. He was a great slot receiver who was essential to Allen's development. Not to mention, he was the best receiver in the Dolphins' playoff game.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I don’t think it’s Hodgins either, he never caught a pass from Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Where on the doll did Beasley touch you?

I didn't realize there was so much hate toward Cole. He was a great slot receiver who was essential to Allen's development. Not to mention, he was the best receiver in the Dolphins' playoff game.

I have no hate towards Cole as a player. I would argue that he was the most important signing in the development of Josh Allen. But he has burned bridges with the Bills twice. 

It's always worth it to listen to Shady.   Man, he's smart, and he understands a lot, and he's funny.   

He was talking about great running backs.   One of the things that I like about the Bills is that they have perhaps the greatest stable of running backs in the history of the NFL.  I mean, the Bears have Gale Sayers and Payton, and they probably have had a few others.  But the Bills had Gilchrist, Simpson, Cribbs, Thomas, and Shady.    Fred Jackson playing for almost any other franchise would have been in their top five, all-time, but not in Buffalo.   

I never really understood how good Shady was until he came to Buffalo.   The guy was a magician.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

My money is on Davis Webb. Allen seems like he is able to essentially choose who his backups are, and those decisions are often based on personal friendships (Barkley, Kyle Allen).

Webb was gone after only one year here and is probably bitter about how the QB room was constructed. 

Webb and Josh are good friends. Webb left because the Bills wanted to make him the  QB coach and he wanted to play one more year 

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/davis-webb-bypasses-coaching-offer-to-pay

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I’d rather have a blindfolded Josh Allen than a wide-eyed Daniel Jones. 

Whoever made that statement obviously has a sore ass that Buffalo let them go.

Tyler Dunne is sitting on their porch as we speak.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

It's always worth it to listen to Shady.   Man, he's smart, and he understands a lot, and he's funny.   

He was talking about great running backs.   One of the things that I like about the Bills is that they have perhaps the greatest stable of running backs in the history of the NFL.  I mean, the Bears have Gale Sayers and Payton, and they probably have had a few others.  But the Bills had Gilchrist, Simpson, Cribbs, Thomas, and Shady.    Fred Jackson playing for almost any other franchise would have been in their top five, all-time, but not in Buffalo.   

I never really understood how good Shady was until he came to Buffalo.   The guy was a magician.   

Most overrated Bill ever.  "he's smart" 😂

Just one outstanding season in 4 years with the Bills and that was in an offense where the other Bills RB's produced big in 2015 and 2016.   Because Greg Roman is a great run game designer.

His other 3 seasons in Buffalo he was a below average RB statistically.   

The attention desperate, celebrity knob-polishing of Bills fans loved Shady though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Most overrated Bill ever.  "he's smart" 😂

Just one outstanding season in 4 years with the Bills and that was in an offense where the other Bills RB's produced big in 2015 and 2016.   Because Greg Roman is a great run game designer.

His other 3 seasons in Buffalo he was a below average RB statistically.   

The attention desperate, celebrity knob-polishing of Bills fans loved Shady though. 

The most overrated Buffalo Bill of the last 40 years…and probably ever

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

The most overrated Buffalo Bill of the last 40 years…and probably ever

Shady was great one year and good two others. His last year was bad, but he was old. that's what happens to many RBs as they approach 30.  of course he was fantastic for several years with philly when he was in physical prime. 

Go to 30:30.  Edelman talking about "the interceptions"  He says "these things are happening in the most important games he is playing where he's turning the ball over in the red area....and constantly happening".....this is the nonsense that these national media types love to spew even though it is not true.   I think Allen had one red zone INT this year and none n the 4th quarter and 0 turnover in the playoffs.  The overall topic is Allen needs to go further...ok great I agree but in the interest of this is a team game, has the problem against the Chiefs been Josh Allen???   Can anyone who actually knows the game and watched those games make that stupid argument?  Then he goes "a Andy Reid Patrick Mahomes team does not make those mistakes in the playoffs" and Shady agrees!, UGG   These guys all just listen to each other and don't actually know jack.  Compare Josh's turnovers to Mahomes in the  playoffs, that is not the problem.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Go to 30:30.  Edelman talking about "the interceptions"  He says "these things are happening in the most important games he is playing where he's turning the ball over in the red area....and constantly happening".....this is the nonsense that these national media types love to spew even though it is not true.   I think Allen had one red zone INT this year and none n the 4th quarter and 0 turnover in the playoffs.  The overall topic is Allen needs to go further...ok great I agree but in the interest of this is a team game, has the problem against the Chiefs been Josh Allen???   Can anyone who actually knows the game and watched those games make that stupid argument?  Then he goes "a Andy Reid Patrick Mahomes team does not make those mistakes in the playoffs" and Shady agrees!, UGG   These guys all just listen to each other and don't actually know jack.  Compare Josh's turnovers to Mahomes in the  playoffs, that is not the problem.

I agree, the issue is people take these talking heads too seriously. Some of what they say is for attention, other times these guys just aren’t that bright. I’m certain many of you who post here are more intelligent than Shady and Edelman. That’s mostly the issue with sports talk. 

These people do not have the time to watch 4 quarters of 15 games every week. they are looking stat sheets and making up their own narrative. i stopped watching and listening to sports commentary a long time ago when i figured out that i knew more about my favorite teams than them. 

the only guys worth watching are those who actually know how to break down plays and understand the nuance behind the stats. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Man with No Name said:

Shady was great one year and good two others. His last year was bad, but he was old. that's what happens to many RBs as they approach 30.  of course he was fantastic for several years with philly when he was in physical prime. 

One outstanding year.........rest of his time in Buffalo averaged 3.9 yards per carry.

League average per carry was 4.2.

His first year,  which I assume you consider good,  was a disaster that started with him refusing to report unless his recently signed and already fat contract was re-worked and extended.   Then he had a bunch of injuries and per carry production a full yard less than the other 2 active RB's on the roster.   He embarrassed himself in a critical loss to Philly where Chip Kelly comically showed everyone why he traded him(because of his undisciplined, side-line dash style of running).   Season culminated in him finishing the year on IR.    He got his act together after the nightclub brawl with off-duty cops and admitted he wasn't following the design of Roman's run game and came back and had his one excellent season but the following season his production dropped like a rock,  proving that his good prior year was mostly the product of the system.    When he got to Buffalo he was hitting the wall,  not the same player he had been in Philly.     

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

One outstanding year.........rest of his time in Buffalo averaged 3.9 yards per carry.

League average per carry was 4.2.

His first year,  which I assume you consider good,  was a disaster that started with him refusing to report unless his recently signed and already fat contract was re-worked and extended.   Then he had a bunch of injuries and per carry production a full yard less than the other 2 active RB's on the roster.   He embarrassed himself in a critical loss to Philly where Chip Kelly comically showed everyone why he traded him(because of his undisciplined, side-line dash style of running).   Season culminated in him finishing the year on IR.    He got his act together after the nightclub brawl with off-duty cops and admitted he wasn't following the design of Roman's run game and came back and had his one excellent season but the following season his production dropped like a rock,  proving that his good prior year was mostly the product of the system.    When he got to Buffalo he was hitting the wall,  not the same player he had been in Philly.     

lol@ you throwing his 3.2 avg from his 4th year into a 3 year avg from his other lesser seasons to come up with that 3.9.  immediately done reading your post as soon as i see that. 

that 3.2 stands alone. do not put it together with a 4.4 season and a 4.0 season which also included 59 receptions and 8 TDs