Who got better deal on QB Browns or Broncos?

Punching Bag

Who got better deal on QB Browns or Broncos?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who got better deal on QB Browns or Broncos?

• Diva Russell Wilson by Broncos
    • Serial Groper Deshaun Watson
    • It like choosing between being drawn and quartered and being buried in nest of fire ants

It's entirely too early to decide this question, so I didn't vote.  Both could be successful, both could fail, one could fail and one succeed.   If Watson recovers his early form, Cleveland will win a lot of games and most Browns fans will be forgive him for his past bad behavior.  If Wilson resurrects his career, all will be forgiven in Denver, too.  If one or both fail, my guess is that some heads will roll in the organization(s).

I could see Watson just straight giving up. Dude is set for life, fully guaranteed contract. He can continue to suck and browns are stuck

Wilson has a much better coach now and has wanted to be in the same conversation as guys like Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow. I think, despite his diminished skills, he has more drive to turn it around

That said, thank god for Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Russ will have a nice comeback under Payton this year.  POShaun Watson will always be a POS.  Rooting for POShaun to get a career ending injury.

But then he gets paid.  I hope he just plain stinks up the joint and ends up as a backup having to watch the action weekly.  It then forces the POS Browns into completely ruining their franchise trying to find another QB forcing cycle after cycle of retreads.  

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

But then he gets paid.  I hope he just plain stinks up the joint and ends up as a backup having to watch the action weekly.  It then forces the POS Browns into completely ruining their franchise trying to find another QB forcing cycle after cycle of retreads.  

He's already been paid, so either way they're in retread heaven.  POShaun sucks out loud, both on and off the field.

Both absolutely brutal deals, but I would rather have Russ at this point. I think Hackett was at least part of his problem; he should be serviceable at the least. Watson on the other hand was pure trash. Guy was less effective than Jacoby Brisset. Watson played in 6 games and threw 7 TDS vs 5 INTS. He was just ineffective. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

3 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

I agree he’s human excrement for sure.  And that organization needs to suffer for even entertaining the idea of hiring him much less actually doing it. 

Their owner actively stole from people for a long period of time and got away with it. Regardless of how many handies Watson got Haslam is a much larger PoS.

19 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

I agree he’s human excrement for sure.  And that organization needs to suffer for even entertaining the idea of hiring him much less actually doing it. 

14 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Their owner actively stole from people for a long period of time and got away with it. Regardless of how many handies Watson got Haslam is a much larger PoS.

Giving a fully-guaranteed $230 million contract to a PR nightmare who hadn't played football in a year was surely weird move.

There's really no in between with either.  If they don't return to their previous form then both deals are all time disasters that will set the franchise back at least five years.  If they do they'll at least be able to compete but I doubt they ever will be able to obtain enough talent around them to win a Super Bowl because of the compensation given up for them along with the massive salary cap space percentage tied up in them.

rather have Watson

-he's better.  Russ was horrible last year.  Russ is washed.  Spent. 

-he's younger.

-He is not likely to retire on the field and relax with guaranteed money. 

-And i might just take Watson in his prime over Russ in his prime.  Russ was limited in the kinds of things he could do.

In about 3 years Watson and his agent are gonna say "I'm underpaid.  i want more."   And he will get it. 

Russell Wilson is soggy toast.  He knew it before he signed.  Basically he knew it was his last chance to steal from the NFL.  Seattle knew he was washed.  He's not getting better, ever.  So all the money Denver comitted to is fully sunk.   Its a total write-off.  And Russ' teammates hate him and always have.  Unlike Watson

Watson will be in this league for 10-12 more years. 

Watson is not a 230 million quarterback who got 230 million guaranteed.  Watson is a $400 million quarterback who got the first 230 million guaranteed.

Edited by maddenboy

8 hours ago, maddenboy said:

rather have Watson

-he's better.  Russ was horrible last year.  Russ is washed.  Spent. 

-he's younger.

-He is not likely to retire on the field and relax with guaranteed money. 

-And i might just take Watson in his prime over Russ in his prime.  Russ was limited in the kinds of things he could do.

In about 3 years Watson and his agent are gonna say "I'm underpaid.  i want more."   And he will get it. 

Russell Wilson is soggy toast.  He knew it before he signed.  Basically he knew it was his last chance to steal from the NFL.  Seattle knew he was washed.  He's not getting better, ever.  So all the money Denver comitted to is fully sunk.   Its a total write-off.  And Russ' teammates hate him and always have.  Unlike Watson

Watson will be in this league for 10-12 more years. 

Watson is not a 230 million quarterback who got 230 million guaranteed.  Watson is a $400 million quarterback who got the first 230 million guaranteed.

If there is any justice Watson is out before a few years.  He’s disgusting and everything the league shouldn’t be 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.