Why Are We Not Winning Superbowls?

Milanos Milano

21 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Why, it’s an honest discussion. Seriously, Brady wasn’t athletic at all compared to Josh, and yet he still managed to win the big games. Why? Was it because he put in more time on the field to learn the ins and outs? 

For me, I can't get past your stupid ***** username, let alone discuss Brady's "lack of talent"...

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Because Brady wanted it more than Rivers did. Brady studied the film harder than anyone I know. He was a surgeon on the field. That is what it takes to be great. Doing the little things despite not having the raw elite skill set. 

Why didnt Tom Brady win every superbowl he went to if he wanted it more than everyone else? Winning is hard dude. I want to win the lottery more than everyone else and i swear i figured out the science to pick the winning numbers every time and yet I still don't have my lambo. Peyton Manning didnt win his first until his 10th year(?).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

LOL. Coaching cost us SuperBowl XXV and coaching cost us 13 seconds.  Allen lacks for nothing except a coach to get us over the hump. Whoever this troll was that started this thread has no clue. Brady had Moss, Edelman, and Gronk after he won multiple SuperBowls with a great defense. It was a defensive masterpiece play that beat the Seahawks and an amazing gameplan that beat the Rams.  Make no doubt Belichick is not the greatest of all time without Brady, but Brady doesn't win 6 rings in Boston without Belichick.

Allen right now is a top 3 player in Bills history after Bruce and OJ.  If he wins one Lombardi then he and Bruce will stand alone as the two greatest Bills of all time.

Can I just add the Patriots do not have the success they had without Scar, the Offensive line coach. They had dominant O lines till he retired . The first time he retired and that’s when Brady almost got killed by Denver in the AFCCG  ( BB convinced him to come back) then he retired again after 2018 SB win and the O line been meh to bad since, so has the team.  May that be the piece the Bills are missing on O?? 

34 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

Why didnt Tom Brady win every superbowl he went to if he wanted it more than everyone else? Winning is hard dude. I want to win the lottery more than everyone else and i swear i figured out the science to pick the winning numbers every time and yet I still don't have my lambo. Peyton Manning didnt win his first until his 10th year(?).

Point well taken!!  FYI Brady gave his team the lead with 2 minutes or less to go in every SB except for the last Eagles SB. Which just proves your point it takes more than just 1 man or side of the ball to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll chime in.  (as if you want my opinion on this)

1.  I like Josh Allen.  He's on of my favorite players to watch.  I don't hate the Bills and kind of have adopted them as my 2nd team.  

2.  I've many posts and the other Josh Allen lazy thread and I've seen Whitlocks comments.  I also read somewhere around here that Josh himself has said he's not a big film guy?  I don't know if that is a real quote or not, but..........

Let's assume Josh isn't a big film guy.  He's also not married.  He turned down Netflix to be on their QB docuseries.

Could it be possible Josh turned that down because, having seen Mahomes on that thing completely dedicated to the QB craft...he might look bad?  Or look less dedicated?  I would imagine a young single rich dude like him, might not want to spend so much time studying...and maybe spend more time enjoy life, chasing tang and all that.  

This isn't to say Josh is wrong or bad or lacking.  Dak, Burrow, Herbert....all young, single, rich, high end QB types turned it down too.  Maybe it's normal not to spend a ton of time on film....or maybe it's typical of young rich athletes who are pretty successful without the film study....to spend their time enjoying life some.  

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Can I just add the Patriots do not have the success they had without Scar, the Offensive line coach. They had dominant O lines till he retired . The first time he retired and that’s when Brady almost got killed by Denver in the AFCCG  ( BB convinced him to come back) then he retired again after 2018 SB win and the O line been meh to bad since, so has the team.  May that be the piece the Bills are missing on O?? 

Point well taken!!  FYI Brady gave his team the lead with 2 minutes or less to go in every SB except for the last Eagles SB. Which just proves your point it takes more than just 1 man or side of the ball to win. 

I don't put too much stock into position coaches. They are probably slightly more valuable than a useless special teams coach. Isn't Kromer supposed to be one of the best and Bills OL has not been even average. 

That said the Pats OL coach was supposed to be very good. I would not know how to judge but I will accept it as fact. Im sure he helped but its still the players and the OC that matter most.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

1.  I like Josh Allen.  He's on of my favorite players to watch.  I don't hate the Bills and kind of have adopted them as my 2nd team.  

2.  I've many posts and the other Josh Allen lazy thread and I've seen Whitlocks comments.  I also read somewhere around here that Josh himself has said he's not a big film guy?  I don't know if that is a real quote or not, but..........

Let's assume Josh isn't a big film guy.  He's also not married.  He turned down Netflix to be on their QB docuseries.

Could it be possible Josh turned that down because, having seen Mahomes on that thing completely dedicated to the QB craft...he might look bad?  Or look less dedicated?  I would imagine a young single rich dude like him, might not want to spend so much time studying...and maybe spend more time enjoy life, chasing tang and all that.  

This isn't to say Josh is wrong or bad or lacking.  Dak, Burrow, Herbert....all young, single, rich, high end QB types turned it down too.  Maybe it's normal not to spend a ton of time on film....or maybe it's typical of young rich athletes who are pretty successful without the film study....to spend their time enjoying life some.  

As a Bills fan, Josh Allen is my QB, however there is a reason why Mahomes has already won multiple SBs. It’s because he is simply more dedicated than Allen. He has worse WRs than the Bills other than Kelce, and he still makes it work. Same exact thing with Brady. Always had a rotation of different middle of the road WRs and yet somehow, someway always got production out of them enough to win. If Allen wants to be the best, he needs to put in more time being the best. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 2

25 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Have they even said which three QB’s are on the next Netflix series? I thought the rumor would be they would have everyone that excepts the show, deny it to keep it under wraps as to not spoil it. 

Also, Kirk Cousins in an interview said he was skeptical about the show but when he was told how much input and final say he would have on what gets aired he was okay with it. 

Basically, the players can make sure they are seen in what ever light they want to be seen.

I haven’t seen the show, but let’s be real, they could make any QB outside of Johnny Manziel look like a film junkie. We are talking a fraction of these guys lives over a 6 month period or so?

As mentioned before as well. Allen and Mahomes watching more film isn’t going to make them better at their best traits which is their secondary reaction ability plays. Those are what separate the two QB’s from the rest of the pack and you can’t fine tune those skills by watching tape. They are called secondary reaction plays for a reason, you don’t game plan them. They just happen within the flow of each individual series and play.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

33 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I don't put too much stock into position coaches. They are probably slightly more valuable than a useless special teams coach. Isn't Kromer supposed to be one of the best and Bills OL has not been even average. 

That said the Pats OL coach was supposed to be very good. I would not know how to judge but I will accept it as fact. Im sure he helped but its still the players and the OC that matter most.

I don’t know special teams killed the patriots week 18 in Buffalo lol… My point was that without the guys on the line doing their job you could have Brady,Mahomes or Montana back there and they would still struggle. If I am not wrong the weakness for the Bills is the O line, or at least what I hear here all the time. 

7 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

While I agree with that first comment. There has been so much negativity from certain fans recently and I can't help but feel that these aren't really Bills fans rather than other team fans attempting to stir the pot.

Look at this man.  10 pages of nonsense about what? One of, if not the very best QB this franchise has ever had! It's completely baloney, the kid is super smart and has the best work ethic of any QB I've ever seen. Josh Allen works with Jordan Palmer every offseason to improve his game. 

Brady, like Mahomes, is a different story. Brady had a future HoF HC in BB who built a strong team with a stout run game and defense to enable Brady's growth. Mahones sat for a season and learned under both Andy Reid and QB Alex Smith. Let's face it, I doubt Mahomes would be as good under any other head coach...who is looking like a HoFer himself.  

Nothing wrong with a team that just went 13-3 and is looking to finally reach that SB. Other teams fans simply can't stand the success. 

I can't and won't tell you how to feel. You own your feelings. I certainly understand your perspective. 

As for Allen, who knows where he falls on the work ethic wheel in the arena of starting QBs?  Including fitness, working on weaknesses, studying the game, etc ...

Allen critics will always be around; especially, if he can't get the team to the SB and win it.  IMHO, thats the standard that's placed on elite franchise QBs. Doesn't make it correct though. 

There's always room for improvement when it comes to any athlete. That doesn't mean someone is lacking in work ethic. 

Personally, I feel Allen is the overwhelming reason why the Bills have excelled over the last five years. I think it's personally fine to criticize Allen in the same mode. However,that criticism must be reasonable and backed up with articulate facts . Clearly, that hasn't been established here. 

As for others trolling here and fans not waiting the Bills to succeed. Who knows and frankly I could careless. 

What I can say with great validity is criticism of the Bills players, coaches, and management is largely not welcome. Valid or not it's mostly met with great resistance. Often bordering on unprofessionalism, rude comments, and blatant name calling. 

Conversely, a positive and outlandish positive outlook will be met mostly with open arms, hugs, and kisses. 

In short, people and that includes Bills fans will always have varying degrees of how they see things ranging from ultra optimistic to ultra pessimistic. I believe that's what makes this forum great! We can all learn from others . We can all have critical debates and discussions. I for one welcome the diversity. 

Edited by newcam2012

50 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

As a Bills fan, Josh Allen is my QB, however there is a reason why Mahomes has already won multiple SBs. It’s because he is simply more dedicated than Allen. He has worse WRs than the Bills other than Kelce, and he still makes it work. Same exact thing with Brady. Always had a rotation of different middle of the road WRs and yet somehow, someway always got production out of them enough to win. If Allen wants to be the best, he needs to put in more time being the best. 

This is crap.  Unadulterated crap.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I can't and won't tell you how to feel. You own your feelings. I certainly understand your perspective. 

As for Allen, who knows where he falls on the work ethic wheel in the arena of starting QBs?  Including fitness, working on weaknesses, studying the game, etc ...

Allen critics will always be around; especially, if he can't get the team to the SB and win it.  IMHO, thats the standard that's placed on elite franchise QBs. Doesn't make it correct though. 

There's always room for improvement when it comes to any athlete. That doesn't mean someone is lacking in work ethic. 

Personally, I feel Allen is the overwhelming reason why the Bills have excelled over the last five years. I think it's personally from be to criticize Allen in the same mode. However,that criticism must be reasonable and backed up with articulate facts . Clearly, that hasn't been established here. 

As for others trolling here and fans not waiting the Bills to succeed. Who knows and frankly I could careless. 

What I can say with great validity is criticism of the Bills players, coaches, and management is largely not welcome. Valid or not it's mostly met with great resistance. Often bordering on unprofessionalism, rude comments, and blatant name calling. 

Conversely, a positive and outlandish positive outlook will be met mostly with open arms, hugs, and kisses. 

In short, people and that includes Bills fans will always have varying degrees of how they see things ranging from ultra optimistic to ultra pessimistic. I believe that's what makes this forum great! We can all learn from others . We can all have critical debates and discussions. I for one welcome the diversity. 

Yes and no.  Criticism based on actual observation is one thing.  Like the Jets game last year when Josh stunk.  Many including myself said so at the time.  Notably Josh stood up and took the blame. But when people take the word of a columnist who admitted lying about Diggs, they turns around and questions Allen’s work ethic, that’s different.  When people deliberately take words out of context to denigrate Allen, that’s different.  That is simply trying to be negative for the sake of being negative.  That’s not actual critical debate and discussion.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Please. Veach, Reid, offensive line. Each significantly better. They are a better team but the quarterbacks are about the same.

1 hour ago, Araiza Curse said:

Brady went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl. 2 of those years, they lost in the Super Bowl in large part because their offense got shut down. Brady should have watched more film.

• Eyeroll 1

Anyone who thinks Allen is our problem for not winning a super bowl is a ***** idiot pure and simple.  The guy who made the thread is a troll.  The only reason we didnt win a bowl in the last 3 years is coaching and our defense being terrible in the playoffs.  That's it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just like Whitlock, because you say it doesn’t make it true. You just spew crap without any basis in fact. It’s just what you like to believe. Maybe if you start a few more threads on this same topic you can convince somebody there is something to your ramblings, but more likely people will just keep putting you on ignore. 

Have you ever even considered like…..EVERYTHING ELSE? Maybe coaching, drafting, schemes, experience, I mean something that actually might make sense? Or are you sticking with our downfall being Josh Allen and his lack of dedication? 

What I’ve learned from Araiza Curse in this thread :

1.  Tom Brady won Super Bowls because he studied film more than any QB in the history of the NFL….. it’s amazing AC was able to compile the necessary facts for this declaration.

2. Jim Kelly wasn’t smart enough to win Super Bowls…….so, that means if Kelly was smarter, Norwood wouldn’t have missed the 41 yard field goal.

3. Josh doesn’t study enough film to win Super Bowls……so, if Josh would’ve studied more film, he wouldn’t have left KC with 13 seconds to score.

4. AC’s logic skills aren’t the best. 

1 minute ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

What I’ve learned from Araiza Curse in this thread :

1.  Tom Brady won Super Bowls because he studied film more than any QB in the history of the NFL….. it’s amazing AC was able to compile the necessary facts for this declaration.

2. Jim Kelly wasn’t smart enough to win Super Bowls…….so, that means if Kelly was smarter, Norwood wouldn’t have missed the 41 yard field goal.

3. Josh doesn’t study enough film to win Super Bowls……so, if Josh would’ve studied more film, he wouldn’t have left KC with 13 seconds to score.

4. AC’s logic skills aren’t the best. 

Yep and by his screen name we can only assume if we still had Araiza we would have won last year, cause now we are cursed apparently.  lol

Lol.  Man oh man

On 9/2/2023 at 1:40 PM, mrags said:

His game didn’t seem to have any holes in it until McDermott and Frazier screwed him and Bills fans out of a Lombardi Trophy with .13 seconds. Just sayin 

The Bills still punted 4 times in 9 possessions that game compared to 2 punts in 11 possessions for the Chiefs.  13 seconds was a debacle, but if the Bills had scored on any of those 4 possessions, 13 seconds never happens.

OP saw that the Whitlock threads were infuriating folks. The instinctive troll is dull, but opportunistic. So he started his own thread to get in on the action. While possessing an intellect on par with that of plankton, he was able to spin the dim into a thread that is now on its twelfth page, which is a triumph in the eyes of troll kind. Some of his kin have even come over to have a roll in the muck and dumb. As trolls are basically dim and masochistic, needing constant flagellation in order to ascertain some minimal degree of existence, the entire operation is sure to be repeated. Why, airseven and Filthy Beast are simply livid with envy. 

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 pages of this? Really?

One doesn’t go from where Josh was at in his rookie year, a raw project everybody couldn’t wait to slap the “bust” label on, to where he is now- inarguably top 3 at the hardest position to play in all of pro sports, due to a lack of work ethic or by being lazy.

end thread.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'd be curious about the "film" comment, if Josh ever made it.  I saw it mentioned here & elsewhere - but have a hard time believing I would have missed that if he said it.  The media would have run w/ that for a bit, imo.

JA's improvement over the course of his young NFL career has been astounding to me - he's such a different QB today than he was his 1st couple of years.  That's work. That's not just him slumming it & relying on his skills, which he has always had.

I  think Whitlock was trying to get some attention - and it worked.  But I don't think his commentary has much to do w/ reality.  Especially the comment that JA doesn't have that "dawg" in him. Cripes.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

OP saw that the Whitlock threads were infuriating folks. The instinctive troll is dull, but opportunistic. So he started his own thread to get in on the action. While possessing an intellect on par with that of plankton, he was able to spin the dim into a thread that is now on its twelfth page, which is a triumph in the eyes of troll kind. Some of his kin have even come over to have a roll in the muck and dumb. As trolls are basically dim and masochistic, needing constant flagellation in order to ascertain some minimal degree of existence, the entire operation is sure to be repeated. Why, airseven and Filthy Beast are simply livid with envy. 

He likes the attention, and apparently doesn’t realize or care if people are laughing with him or AT him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Brady went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl. 2 of those years, they lost in the Super Bowl in large part because their offense got shut down. Brady should have watched more film.

When you talk with intelligence, you better be sure what you are talking about... Brady's second full year was 2002 Patriots when they won the SB against the Rams (i think)

Then Brady won it in 2004 and 2005

huh?

11 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

12 pages of this? Really?

One doesn’t go from where Josh was at in his rookie year, a raw project everybody couldn’t wait to slap the “bust” label on, to where he is now- inarguably top 3 at the hardest position to play in all of pro sports, due to a lack of work ethic or by being lazy.

end thread.

He’s gotten this far because he’s one of the most talent players to come along a while as a QB. He’s been relying on his talents alone this whole time, but that only gets you so far. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

When you talk with intelligence, you better be sure what you are talking about... Brady's second full year was 2002 Patriots when they won the SB against the Rams (i think)

Then Brady won it in 2004 and 2005

huh?

Lmao talk with intelligence.

After the 2004 season, they didn’t win a Super Bowl again until 2014.

2014-2004 = 10. 

what happened? Did Brady stop watching film for a decade? 

46 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Please. Veach, Reid, offensive line. Each significantly better. They are a better team but the quarterbacks are about the same.

Hard to say if they are about the same. Both are elite and great QBs. 

I think Allen would have rings if the tables were reversed. Would Mahomes have one or more if he were a Bill? Not sure but it's an interesting talking point. 

What's clear is Mahomes is the clear cut number 1 QB in the NFL. He has the rings to prove it. Allen and the Bills are looking in the rear view mirror. 

KC is the team to beat for likely a decade. They are just better than the Bills for several reasons you eluded too. Last year, really proved how good KC is. They won it all with average WRs, RBs, a one legged QB, and a young secondary. It was a glowing example of a franchise team. Think NE patriots with Brady. 

Hopefully, the Bills can steal one from them. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… I out that on their conservative plan to start… and I know one of throes possessions where they punted they called three straight running plays…. One which was stuffed for a loss on 3rd and 2. Completely unacceptable with Josh Allen as your QB 

That was the drive where they punted from midfield.

On 9/2/2023 at 2:38 PM, PatsFanNH said:

Umm maybe because he has to go through Mahomes and Burroes to even get to the SB. 

also comparing Allen to the GOAT just isn’t fair! Brady was one of the best ever reading Defenses in NFL history.   He also was not forced to carry the team when he first started, the Pats D  carried the team and let him develop. Allen been the man since day 1. 

Burroes?! Why do people have such a hard time writing Burrow? Not only do they want to change it to Burrows for no apparent reason, but we are now misspelling the misspelling?!

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

2 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Please quit while you're behind

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Burroes?! Why do people have such a hard time writing Burrow? Not only do they want to change it to Burrows for no apparent reason, but we are now misspelling the misspelling?!

don't get me started, it's even worse when Bills fans on TSW misspell the names of our own players

• Agree 1

On 9/2/2023 at 2:21 PM, FrenchConnection said:

I swear to god this is the most negative fan forum in all of professional sports. 

Not as much negative but there are two extremes, HOMERs (80%) and WE ARE DOOMEDers (15%)

Rational discussion is rare and when it happens is usually ridiculed with witless comments. Sad.

not reading this entire thread,  so apologies if i repeat something from earlier.   Why arent we winning Super Bowls?  we play in the same conference as,  Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid.   thats it,  its just that ez.    Chefs have a hall of fame offensive coach/QB.   we have a defensive coach.   so Billsy for us to finally get rid of Brady,  find a once in a generation talent at QB,  and we get stuck playing 2nd fiddle to the new Goat, and his unstoppable offensive genius coach.

its the same way the rest of the league felt during the Brady/Manning era.   if you werent fans of the Pats or Indy/Denver,  then you might was well just call it a season from week 1.  least we get mostly entertaining football in the regular season.   if only we were in the NFC right now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.