Cody Ford Makes Bengals Roster

wettlaufer

6 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Bengals are in a far better situation right now then we are,  Burrow has far better younger surrounding talent. Bills are older and maybe have a 1-2 year window before they will need to rebuild.  Poyer/Hyde/Miller/Dawkins/Morse/Diggs are all about 30 or older and no one knows if White will ever get back to the level he was before getting hurt. My biggest concern right now is Beane missing on so many picks and the Bills not restocking the shelves we great young talent.

Look at all the first or second year players the Chiefs had last season that contributed to their title,  that was a reset year and they won the Super Bowl.  Outside of Diggs the Bills have too many older players making big money that are no longer elite difference makers. Either you draft well or it catches up and when was the last time the Bills made a trade that brought back a regular contributor or starter on defence/offence?

Ummm The Bangles owner has never paid talent and it's not going to start now

Jamar Chase is as good as gone lol

• Disagree 1

Good for Cody

On 8/29/2023 at 8:29 PM, wettlaufer said:

Learns of the apparent roster spot while in the car with GF? wife? She's bubbly and he's not a big emotions guy. But both have every right to be pleased. Spent last year on IR and didn't have a contract beyond one year with the Bengals, having signed in March. 

Bravo Cody

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Good for Cody. I hope that he plays a key role for Cincinnati this year, specifically on Sunday November 5.

14 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I hope things go so badly for them that he actually has to hit the field. 

23 hours ago, Virgil said:

Please let him start when we play them 

Weren’t they missing 3 starting lineman in the playoffs?

• Haha (+1) 1

Good for him. I think people just overestimate the talent in this league, it falls off a cliff after the upper crust. Just look at QB - there's maybe 15 good ones? Now look at a list of some of the back-ups, some of it's hilarious. Is Sean Clifford still the back-up in Green Bay? I don't even know wtf Sean Clifford is. I feel like some of these guys win American Ninja Warriors Challenges and find their way on to NFL rosters as the #3.

It's dismal out there. Ford is probably still a nearly above average talent all things considered. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

He was so annoyed and bothered by the recording.....

She had no ***** to give about that.  Girls love their tic Tok!

Could be the next wave of reality television series.  NFL fringe player, significant other, and their phone cam. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

Lol only on this forum is winning not equated with well ran operations. If you win and win Super Bowls, you are good. If you don’t, you aren’t. 

CIN's won a super bowl? I must've missed it

Let me go back and check the historical record

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

Closer than we’ve been lately. Maybe this year the Bills will show me something, hope so. Tired of being let down. 

Aren't you "second place is first loser" guy?

That'd make CIN first loser or worse quite a bit lately

here's a hankie for your woes, pal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

This is true, they are losers. But they are better losers than we are. 

Do you know the definition of a double standard?

On 8/22/2023 at 12:19 PM, Araiza Curse said:

If you aren’t winning Super Bowls, you are inept. There is no difference between the first loser or the last loser. Both are losers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you know the definition of a double standard?

How is it a double standard? Clearly I said there is no difference between losers, in the sense that they are all losers regardless of place. But that doesn’t mean those losers can’t have varying talent. 
Its true that all losers are inept. But it’s also true that there is a difference between 1 week old left out milk and 1 month old left out milk. 

Edited by Araiza Curse

5 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

How is it a double standard? Clearly I said there is no difference between losers, in the sense that they are all losers regardless of place. But that doesn’t mean those losers can’t have varying talent. 
Its true that all losers are inept. But it’s also true that there is a difference between 1 week old left out milk and 1 month old left out milk. 

You're not a serious person

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

So there is no difference, but there is.  Got it...WTF?

Well if you're going to move the criteria for this, the Bengals are bigger losers than the Bills because they are more talented and are still inept.  

That analogy is pretty stupid.

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

You're not a serious person

He once said any solider that has died in battle wasn't an elite shoulder because he didn't survive.  

If he was serious, it's pretty disgusting.  If he wasn't, it's just shameful.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So there is no difference, but there is.  Got it...WTF?

Well if you're going to move the criteria for this, the Bengals are bigger losers than the Bills because they are more talented and are still inept.  

That analogy is pretty stupid.

I mean having a debate about being biggest loser isn’t really that enjoyable. Maybe someday Bills fans can talk about something else. 

If the Bills or the Bengals is the 1 week or 1 month old milk, does it really matter? 

On 8/29/2023 at 11:37 PM, Buffalo619 said:

He plays for a well run organization. Bengals and Burrow is what the Bills and Allen should’ve been. Now they bully our fragile mindset. 

Congrats Cody!!

I love how @Buffalo619jumped on the Bills like they made a mistake getting rid of him 😂

I’m happy for Cody and not trying to downplay him making the team.  But it’s not like Cody was named the starter.  He’s the 4th OT on the team, a position he was removed from in 2019 because he struggled against athletic edge rushers.

Still he deserves credit for working hard and making the team after two disappointing stops in Buffalo and Arizona.   

Edited by JohnNord

6 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

This place will implode if he becomes another Teller. 

No it will not.  He is now a veteran who has washed out of one of the weakest OL groups in the NFL (Arizona).  Completely unlike Teller who, as Beane admitted in yesterday's PC, they simply did not give enough time to develop.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No it will not.  He is now a veteran who has washed out of one of the weakest OL groups in the NFL (Arizona).  Completely unlike Teller who, as Beane admitted in yesterday's PC, they simply did not give enough time to develop.

If Ford does become all pro (doubt it), who is to say he also wasn’t given enough time to develop? Sounds like something GMs say to pass the buck. 

• Dislike 1

That was wholesome.  Good for him and his family.  Nice Q7 too!

*And don't use your fingernails on the touch screen, please and thanks.  (Personal pet peeve of mine) It'll leave permanent scratches.  

On 8/30/2023 at 12:25 AM, GunnerBill said:

The Bengals? A well run organisation? Is this a joke?

At the moment.  Yes they are.  How can anyone say different?

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Maybe Ford had the talent all along and it was a coaching issue.

It seems the bengals could coach him up while the Bills staff could not.

He's made the roster here and in Arizona too. The problem is what happens next LOL 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Araiza Curse said:

If Ford does become all pro (doubt it), who is to say he also wasn’t given enough time to develop? Sounds like something GMs say to pass the buck. 

Do you even read what you write? That is the exact opposite of what happened. He owned it according to the post you quoted, he did not pass the buck. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Can you explain to us how that is passing the buck? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.