Bills practice 8/23

Warcodered

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Shakir suffering a broken rib has given Isabella a golden opportunity to prove that he deserves a roster spot over him. Personally I think Isabella has shown more.

A broken rib could take some time to get back to 100%.  It could (maybe) be the thing that get Shorter and Isabella on the 53 for a longer

look.  Red shirting Shakir for 4 weeks also gets him back 100%.  I guess it could happen if Isabella agreed to a cut and sign.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Von looks a little tentative going through the motions.

Hard to tell from a video like this because we don't have the context.  The trainers may have very well told him this is what you are doing, now do it at half speed or whatever. 

Regardless, it's good to see him moving laterally.  He could have been doing this for weeks now behind closed doors, but this might be the first time we are seeing it.  We'll know more sooner than later.  Once cut-down day comes, we'll know where he stands.  My guess is that he misses at least the first 4 games and we'll see where we're at.  No rush.  Need him in January and February.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Shakir suffering a broken rib has given Isabella a golden opportunity to prove that he deserves a roster spot over him. Personally I think Isabella has shown more.

You aren't wrong- I just can't see the Bills cutting Shakir though as he showed flashes and is cost control for the next 3 years.

I think it is between Isabella and Shorter.

Ideal scenario would be for Shorter to be placed in IR with a "mysterious injury"- That way you can keep both of them

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Until I see the numbers during a game, I may not be able to tell much of a difference between Bernard and Taylor Rapp.  I think Rapp will be out 3rd down MLB.

He's my nickel LB in madden lol

Madden is actually much improved gameplay

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Bernard sure looks like a safety, doesn’t he? Also great to see Von with the pads on, although it looked like he was walking gingerly.

Keith Ellison would be the biggest LB on the roster if he was still playing today.  LOL

As for Dodson.  Just cut his ass.  Guy is as slow as a dead horse.  I can not imagine he would start ahead of my boy Baylen Spector.  I really believe at a lot of positions the Bills have decided long ago who is going to start and make the roster.  They have "their" guys.  And the rest are just camp fodder.  Doesn't matter how they play in training camp or the preseason.  Exhibit # 1 is Isiah Hudgins. 

And where is their boy Kumerow these days?  I am surprised the Bills don't have him in the top 4 WR's as much as they loved him on the roster.  

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

A broken rib could take some time to get back to 100%.  It could (maybe) be the thing that get Shorter and Isabella on the 53 for a longer

look.  Red shirting Shakir for 4 weeks also gets him back 100%.  I guess it could happen if Isabella agreed to a cut and sign.

Its really not a bad option , from a bigger perspective. Not for Shakier so much . But the Team.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Von looks a little tentative going through the motions.

100 percent agree. As a physical therapist looks like he's not ready to be on the field. Notable difference between the amount of weights he's putting thro each LE especially laterally. Thats what they do in the NFL tho rush the players when they are not ready. Hope im wrong but that video is def not encouraging 😕

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

How ironic would it be if Isabella makes the team and starts to steal Harty’s reps? One was a FA signed almost immediately, the other was essentially out of the NFL, waiting for a call. 

The Harty contract would be tough to eat I would say the better opotion would be start getting feelier sout there for what they can get for Shakir imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.