Bills practice 8/23

Warcodered

39 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

They have "their" guys.  And the rest are just camp fodder.  Doesn't matter how they play in training camp or the preseason.  Exhibit # 1 is Isiah Hudgins. 

Hodgins was productive when the Bills used him as a big slot. Dorsey didn't want to use him there, Daboll did.

• Disagree 3

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Keith Ellison would be the biggest LB on the roster if he was still playing today.  LOL

As for Dodson.  Just cut his ass.  Guy is as slow as a dead horse.  I can not imagine he would start ahead of my boy Baylen Spector.  I really believe at a lot of positions the Bills have decided long ago who is going to start and make the roster.  They have "their" guys.  And the rest are just camp fodder.  Doesn't matter how they play in training camp or the preseason.  Exhibit # 1 is Isiah Hudgins. 

And where is their boy Kumerow these days?  I am surprised the Bills don't have him in the top 4 WR's as much as they loved him on the roster.  

"Hudgins" was always injured

Bills fans fall so hard over JAG WRs.

39 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Hodgins was productive when the Bills used him as a big slot. Dorsey didn't want to use him there, Daboll did.

You mean when he wasn't injured. 

Hodgins is David Nelson. Who cares.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Ya Daboll hade him humming in the big slot. His 0 catches for 0 yards on the season. Didn’t even have a target. But ya, Daboll crushed it with him 

53 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Just now, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Ya Daboll hade him humming in the big slot. His 0 catches for 0 yards on the season. Didn’t even have a target. But ya, Daboll crushed it with him 

Tell me you don't watch preseason without telling me you don't watch preseason.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

Wouldn't Isabella be subject to waivers?  How many years before a player is a veteran who does not need to go through the waiver process?  Seems like the move in the past was to cut a vet who they plan to keep and who has agreed to re-sign 48 hours later.

3 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Hodgins is what happens when a team with mediocre receivers need help

He came in and knew the offense better than everybody... And executed 

That doesn't mean he's anything special.. Robert Foster was our number one receiver here getting built up weekly by the coaching staff... And he's nothing

Hodgins is the byproduct of piss poor receivers around him.. he wasn't better than the other options at the end of camp last year here, hence PS

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hodgins is what happens when a team with mediocre receivers need help

He came in and knew the offense better than everybody... And executed 

That doesn't mean he's anything special.. Robert Foster was our number one receiver here getting built up weekly by the coaching staff... And he's nothing

Hodgins is the byproduct of piss poor receivers around him.. he wasn't better than the other options at the end of camp last year here, hence PS

And here I thought John Brown and Cole Beasley were what happened when a team with mediocre receivers need help.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

And here I thought John Brown and Cole Beasley were what happened when a team with mediocre receivers need help.

Hodgins would kill for the career of either of those guys lol

John Brown came off the bench and had a 45-yard touchdown... Hodgins never caught a 45-yard pass in the NFL in his life

Hodgins is a number 4-5... Brown came off the street and made a further catch than Hodgins ever did.. instantly 

Beasley is making more money than Isaiah on the same team lol 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Wouldn't Isabella be subject to waivers?  How many years before a player is a veteran who does not need to go through the waiver process?  Seems like the move in the past was to cut a vet who they plan to keep and who has agreed to re-sign 48 hours later.

Isabella is a vested veteran (at least 4 accrued seasons in NFL) so no he wouldn't be subject to waivers.  

Edited by Doc

I wanted Hodgins kept, but the Bills valued Kumerow’s ST ability more. Hodgins is a starter in NY, but I do agree it’s because the talent around him isn’t great. I see him ultimately being their 3rd-4th WR. He’s been in Daboll’s system for 4 years, so he knows it very well and was able to go off for 8 catches for 105 yds and a TD in their playoff win vs the Vikings. He doesn’t suck, like some here repeat over and over. Maybe Tyler Boyd is his ceiling?

• Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Shakir suffering a broken rib has given Isabella a golden opportunity to prove that he deserves a roster spot over him. Personally I think Isabella has shown more.

when did he break the ribs?  I thought it was sorrness?   Did he get hit again, or x rays?  

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

We do block.  Our OL is great.  It’s Josh Allens fault.  Didn’t you know?

He does a lot to make them look great. And he also does a lot to make them look bad. The way he holds the ball would make any OL look bad and would end up with more pressures on any OL.

Our OL has not been really good for a long time. They also haven't been as bad as many on here want to believe.

6 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Look again at Tompsett's tweet inside the very post you replied to. 

Tompsett knows his stuff.

And this is some interesting news and IMO makes it a bit more likely Isabella ends up here.

Edited by Thurman#1

21 hours ago, Logic said:

It sure seems likely that Von will start the season on PUP and miss the first four games.

Beyond that, who knows?

I would NOT be surprised if he gets the Tre treatment.......Bills need him towards the end of the season.....just like the Lambs did.

17 hours ago, syhuang said:

That's what I mentioned earlier.  It really would be a good thing to have Shorter and Isabella to start the season with Shakir "redshirted" 4 weeks.

It's good for everyone including Shakir given he will be able to come back 100%.

Make the final decision in October.  It's like a free insurance policy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.