Who is going to the home opener?

mead107

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'll be there. 

I'm playing linebacker.  

Hi Mike! Hope to meet you there! 

Big travel year for me already. Home opener and one road game is ideal. This year we have a puppy in the house, so I’m having guilt on multiple levels. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Big travel year for me already. Home opener and one road game is ideal. This year we have a puppy in the house, so I’m having guilt on multiple levels. 

Just mail me the Highmark ticket.  Think of it as repayment for me not selling you an elevator pass at 845 Kenmore Ave. your freshman year. 😁

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Four home games, at Cinci, and London.  Big year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Just mail me the Highmark ticket.  Think of it as repayment for me not selling you an elevator pass at 845 Kenmore Ave. your freshman year. 😁

I was in early on Meadcoin and would have paid you with that. I was the smartest kid on campus! 

If my Highmark ticket looks like someone drew it on cardboard with crayons, do not be alarmed. 

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Four home games, at Cinci, and London.  Big year.  

AWESOME! 

My college buddy/Best Man has Cincinnati tix for me as he still lives there. I could catch a Xavier hoops game the same weekend, so that was VERY appealing. And of course the home opener is special. 

I hope to run into you somewhere in London! I’m sure some things will get pinned down as we get closer. 

By the holidays I will probably have traveled more this year than in any previous decade of my life. That’s a good thing. 

41 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Go to the home opener? For this terrible team? They will already be out of playoff contention by that time! Beane must go! Josh is terrible! McDermott is the worst!

IMG_6774.jpeg.ba339ad6821d7ea33a1c2e9e759b08fa.jpeg

DOOMED I SAY DOOMED!!!!!

That really made me laugh.

To the OP, I’m in.  I’m flying my three kids up there from Tampa and my boys are going with me, my nephews, some cousins, etc.  it will be a blast.

Im just bummed Hammers is closed due to the construction.  That pace is half the fun prior to the game.

DM me if you want to catch up and that goes for any of the true blue TBDers.  I’d love to finally meet some of you jabrones.  I classify in that category as well.  If anything you get to listen to my two sons bust my chops for an hour or two.

Edited by machine gun kelly

2 hours ago, boyst said:

All plans and signs point to have me there. Of course, my name tag will be someone else.

We know that, @Gugny.  

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

DOOMED I SAY DOOMED!!!!!

That really made me laugh.

To the OP, I’m in.  I’m flying my three kids up there from Tampa and my boys are going with me, my nephews, some cousins, etc.  it will be a blast.

Im just bummed Hammers is closed due to the construction.  That pace is half the fun prior to the game.

DM me if you want to catch up and that goes for any of the true blue TBDers.  I’d love to finally meet some of you jabrones.  I classify in that category as well.  If anything you get to listen to my two sons bust my chops for an hour or two.

Wait! Is Hammers really closed? Are you just trying to drive down demand and sneak in at the late, late hour of 6:45am?

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

We know that, @Gugny.  

Wait! Is Hammers really closed? Are you just trying to drive down demand and sneak in at the late, late hour if 6:45am?

Ya got me. Ya got the tater.  Sorry, Ron White reference.  One of my nephews told me Hammers is closed with the construction of the new stadium.  He’s very respeknsible and was our place as the home opener has been a thing for years.  We had to break for COVID, but I’ve created this thing where cousins, sons, nephews all hit the game and in 19 we had 23 of us coming from different areas of the country.

Not sure where we’re going, but should be fun.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Augie said:

We know that, @Gugny.  

Wait! Is Hammers really closed? Are you just trying to drive down demand and sneak in at the late, late hour of 6:45am?

who should i label myself as? i guess it'll be more along the lines of who doesn't go that i could potentially be...

but i also don't know who the heels are on here anymore to label myself as... so are there any suggestions? i can't be @Gugny again. i've done that a few times. someone here thought they met gugny once and never knew it was me. it was funny when they posted meeting him and the confusion that ensued when it was realized it wasn't me... but it was mrs cletus. :D 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

who should i label myself as? i guess it'll be more along the lines of who doesn't go that i could potentially be...

but i also don't know who the heels are on here anymore to label myself as... so are there any suggestions? i can't be @Gugny again. i've done that a few times. someone here thought they met gugny once and never knew it was me. it was funny when they posted meeting him and the confusion that ensued when it was realized it wasn't me... but it was mrs cletus. :D 

Feel free to take my name.  Can't make it this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I didn’t realize who I was dealing with. I have a new found respect for you. 🤝

The old app was better. You could practice the same exercises repeatedly once you compete the course. It made it great. They took that away.

I never tried to stay in the diamond league. I just spent 30 minutes a day; 2 new lessons 4 old lessons, and 2 of the bonus things. 

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m on a 160 day streak learning Spanish on DuoLingo. 

I will also be there. 

My consecutive streak is not as long, but I’m on level 22 in French. Years ago it would give you a percentage and it said I was 35% fluent, thanks to 6 years of French growing up that came back to me some. I picked it up again before our trip to Paris in the spring. It came in handy at times and I’m trying to keep it going.

Speaking of handy, “donde esta el bano” came in VERY handy on a trip to Spain right before Covid!   😱

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.