Game Day Thread? Bills @ Steelers 8/19

EmotionallyUnstable

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Doubtful. Shakir and Shorter will both be here. It's just a question of whether we short change another position and keep 7 to keep Isabella or not. 

We did keep 7 to start last season, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

If they keep Shakir over Isabella, they are ignoring what they've done on the field. I unfortunately can't discount that possibility.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Really? What exactly has Shakir done? I saw a small DB shove his ass out of bounds that led to an INT tonight.

He's at least the #2 Slot on this team. Consistently runs early in the game and out by the time the 3rd or 4th squads hit the field. It's not about how you view him or what he's "done" in the Pre-Season. It's about how the team views him. And at no point has he looked in danger of being cut with where he stands on the depth chart during Training Camp or the Pre-Season.

I just want to say I turned it off by halftime.

The lack of discipline from the offense. and not sure what the defense or DT were doing

was this an experiment in strange 
sure sure

preseason

Bills just got fd up

But

starting O line looked pretty good :) and Davis was a treat !

• Agree 2

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

If Mahomes goes out they might miss the playoffs too. It goes for all the star QB teams 

Has nothing to do with Mahomes.  They lost to Zach Wilson and damn near lost to Skylar Whateverthehell in the playoffs.  Both of those team got better. This team did not.  Again, I'm glossing over that they aren't well coached either and arguably got weaker in that area this year to boot.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If they keep Shakir over Isabella, they are ignoring what they've done on the field. I unfortunately can't discount that possibility.

I personally feel we're going to keep him and keep 7 WR's at this point. But every year you see guys who perform well in the Pre-Season be cut in favor of a guy who's done very little, but was consistently given a higher snap count or standing on the Depth Chart all offseason.

Shakir showed promise last season, making some difficult catches. They invested multiple picks in him to trade up and take him at the top of the 5th last season. Like it or not, that's how the cookie crumbles. Pre-Season warrior play more often than not means very little when it comes to the bottom of the roster vs. Draft Picks.

If he were in as much trouble as fans like to make him, he'd be still playing right now. Dude is safe. Wouldn't shock me to see him inactive next week.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I just want to say I turned it off by halftime.

The lack of discipline from the offense. and not sure what the defense or DT were doing

was this an experiment in strange 
sure sure

preseason

Bills just got fd up

But

starting O line looked pretty good :) and Davis was a treat !

🤔

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He's at least the #2 Slot on this team. Consistently runs early in the game and out by the time the 3rd or 4th squads hit the field. It's not about how you view him or what he's "done" in the Pre-Season. It's about how the team views him. And at no point has he looked in danger of being cut with where he stands on the depth chart during Training Camp or the Pre-Season.

If anything we would trade him for a late round pick, not cut him. I just don't know what it is that he does particularly well. At least Isabella has some juice and some special teams contributions.

30 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The jealousy and bitterness you have because he got paid is showing big time 

It could be something besides jealousy. It may be the old tough blue collar mentality that some Buffalonians carry. It's like anything that's new, hip, a fad, or a bit glamorous is unacceptable, like a dome stadium with amenities...or Allen enjoying a bit of celebrity. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.