Training Camp - 8/9 - 9:45am

The Wiz

Just now, Steptide said:

Off topic, but does anyone know what station the game is on this week in Rochester? 

I don't believe it is from what I've seen.  Unless you are using an antenna.

I can double check but Rochester has always fallen into the "FU" zone for tv broadcasts.

"In-market" for blackouts

"Out-of-market" for local broadcasting 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't believe it is from what I've seen.  Unless you are using an antenna.

I can double check but Rochester has always fallen into the "FU" zone for tv broadcasts.

"In-market" for blackouts

"Out-of-market" for local broadcasting 

That can't be true. Rochester is the bills 2nd largest market and we've always had pre season games. I'd check the guide but I'm on vacay currently 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Post the updates when you get them.

That catch by Kincaid was such a good rep on a lot of fronts.

1. Play starts off with Dodson having almost perfect coverage. From what we have seen so far in TC...not an easy task on Kincaid. 99 times out of 100 that ball isn't even thrown to his man.

2. Allen places that ball low and away where only Kincaid has a shot at it.

3. Kincaid makes the sick grab.

Excellent job by all three. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

That can't be true. Rochester is the bills 2nd largest market and we've always had pre season games. I'd check the guide but I'm on vacay currently 

I just check on spectrum.  They are going to be on WROC (ch 8).

I was wrong.  I just remember them only being locally broadcast recently for some reason and needed to use my antenna to pick up WIVB (ch 4) from buffalo to watch the game.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Is that the second one in a row (with an off day in-between)?  I don't want to be a Chicken Little but...

Probably just being extra careful with an injury if there is one. It's not like the starters are going to play in preseason game #1 anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them don't play at all. Probably won't see Allen until the Jets game. If he does get any preseason action, it will be a series or two at the most.

What a joke of a signing. When he's healthy, he's great. But unfortunately he's rarely healthy. He's not even on the field today. Thank God we Latavius Murray. I bet Harris doesn't make the squad.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That catch by Kincaid was such a good rep on a lot of fronts.

1. Play starts off with Dodson having almost perfect coverage. From what we have seen so far in TC...not an easy task on Kincaid. 99 times out of 100 that ball isn't even thrown to his man.

2. Allen places that ball low and away where only Kincaid has a shot at it.

3. Kincaid makes the sick grab.

Kincaid was being held, too. Dodson grabbed his left arm.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Tyrell Shavers seems to be having a really good camp. And given his reported ST prowess, he could make Justin Shorter a cut candidate.

I was just thinking this.

Shavers and Shorter are essentially competing directly against each other for the "size/strength specimen, special teams ace, developmental WR" role.

Both are 6'4". Shorter is 11 lbs heavier. Both are presumed to have the skillset to be ace gunners on ST.

I doubt both make it. I also think that whichever one doesn't is at least reasonably likely to be poached off the practice squad by another team, as NFL teams are always looking for quality gunners.

One of the more underrated and underappreciated battles of camp. And we may not see much of what really decides the race between the two during the preseason games, because it's hard to follow special teams play on TV broadcasts.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Biggest crowd reaction so far today was on a Shakir drop

Shakir dropsies are becoming a thing. It’s quite possible Sherfield surpasses him, especially with his superior run blocking ability. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Shakir dropsies are becoming a thing. It’s quite possible Sherfield surpasses him, especially with his superior run blocking ability. 

The only thing I'd point out is that the Bills' first depth chart that was just released lists Shakir as a slot receiver and Sherfield as an outside receiver.

Now maybe that's just academic, but reports out of camp have consistently stated that Shakir gets almost all of his work in the slot, while Sherfield gets most of his on the outside, as the first guy in after Diggs and Davis.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.