Need Sunday Ticket? Bills Televised Schedule included:

NakedSquid

I am trying to decide if I should buy Sunday ticket.  So I put this together and figured it might be helpful for some other fans facing the same problem.  I'm in Irvine so Chargers/Rams get priority.  

According to my calculation I'll need Sunday ticket for 7 Games at $399 that comes to $57 a game.  

357081238_10114283572323412_285199595373

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

I am trying to decide if I should buy Sunday ticket.  So I put this together and figured it might be helpful for some other fans facing the same problem.  I'm in Irvine so Chargers/Rams get priority.  

According to my calculation I'll need Sunday ticket for 7 Games at $399 that comes to $57 a game.  

So how's it work on west coast for example on Oct 1st Fox has the doubleheader so there will be both an early and late Fox game.  On the east coast there will also be one early game shown on CBS, of the 4 games being played, a good chance I will get to see the Bills on local TV where I live in NC at 1:00. 

But there is also as is every week one 4:05 start on CBS.  So even if no local teams playing on 4:05 slot, does west coast still get that one late CBS game as they don't want to show their one game on TV starting at 10:00 AM?

The week prior Sept 24th  Fox also has doubleheader so would be one CBS game televised.  The 4:05 game involves Carolina V Seattle so that will be shown by me so that week no 1:00 CBS game.

Having said all this I did sign up as already a YTV subscriber so I got it at a decent price.  But after schedule came out was second guessing myself a bit as likely there won't be too many weeks I need it as game will either be on coast to coast or on local station.  It helps too that Carolina games  being the local team, mostly are carried on Fox.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

I live in Michigan and did the same analysis right after the schedule came out. I came to the same conclusion as you, but as I already had YoutubeTV, the cost was only $249. Along the way, I also realized that Sunday Ticket would also give me the flexibility to watch whatever game I was most interested in on the weeks when the Bills are playing in Primetime or the 4:30 game, instead of only the Lions. In the end, I decided to go with it for this year and see how it goes.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

$57 is about how much my bar bill with tip comes to for Sunday football. I'd much rather spend the money with friends, good food and beer than further line the NFL pockets. 

If you can run up a $57 bill at a west coast bar for a 9am game, I'll buy you a breakfast beer.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Flipnmi said:

I live in Michigan and did the same analysis right after the schedule came out. I came to the same conclusion as you, but as I already had YoutubeTV, the cost was only $249. Along the way, I also realized that Sunday Ticket would also give me the flexibility to watch whatever game I was most interested in on the weeks when the Bills are playing in Primetime or the 4:30 game, instead of only the Lions. In the end, I decided to go with it for this year and see how it goes.

Sorry for my ignorance on this matter, but what do you watch on YouTube TV? Is it just another streaming service? It looks like I’m gonna need an education. 

I’ve had the ticket the last 3 years and enjoyed it- even at that cost. I prefer to be in my own home with a Clean bathroom & good food.

But giving it up this year- not worth my time and $$. don’t like changes the nfl has done over the years- extra game regular season, Thursday night games, expanded playoffs. Do I watch - yes- but there’s other things I can as well

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

This was incredibly helpful for an out of towner.  Thank you.

17 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

The 4:25 games are all national games.  I think the only chance you dont get it is if the local team is on the same network.  I did the same spreadsheet for living in NH and I am down to 2-3 games I wont get.....will go to a BB bar for those.  I get the extra benefit of the two NE games being 1PM and in market.  Super lucky with how the schedule worked out this year.

a3edd78cd50febca812026d47654620c.jpgAMERICAS-GAME-OF-WEEK-2023-SLATE.jpg

Edited by Matt_In_NH

10 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

If you can run up a $57 bill at a west coast bar for a 9am game, I'll buy you a breakfast beer.

That’s like 3-4 drinks out here. I’ve been in Michigan all week and I’m enjoying the hell out of sane beverage prices 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Sorry for my ignorance on this matter, but what do you watch on YouTube TV? Is it just another streaming service? It looks like I’m gonna need an education. 

OMG there has never been a post that made someone sound old.  

“Back in my day, we had to get up off the couch to change the channel and Johnny Carson is the greatest late night host…that man had timing.”

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Flipnmi said:

This is the key to me..not just for the Bills..but to have on any game i want, when i want. Plus Redzone. 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Grandpa, cmon, its 2023. DTV is dead, look at your AOL chat rooms on your  Blackberry its prolly  all  over  them

Text me, i can walk ya through why Youtube TV is great!

40 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

That’s like 3-4 drinks out here. I’ve been in Michigan all week and I’m enjoying the hell out of sane beverage prices 

I was mostly pointing out the 9am at a bar bit.

38 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

OMG there has never been a post that made someone sound old.  

“Back in my day, we had to get up off the couch to change the channel and Johnny Carson is the greatest late night host…that man had timing.”

For the record, a lot of online services especially for the NFL, are different/unavailable over the border here in Canada.  I often have the same questions about popular online services.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

YoutubeTV generally has the same channels you'd have on cable or directv, including your local channels. Instead of a dedicated line (cable) or a dish, the channels are streamed over the internet. It's a channel on your device just like Netflix. You start the channel and go to the guide.

If you need a streaming device, the firestick is a good one. You hook that up, install youtubetv, and off you go

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The 4:25 games are all national games.  I think the only chance you dont get it is if the local team is on the same network.  I did the same spreadsheet for living in NH and I am down to 2-3 games I wont get.....will go to a BB bar for those.  I get the extra benefit of the two NE games being 1PM and in market.  Super lucky with how the schedule worked out this year.

a3edd78cd50febca812026d47654620c.jpgAMERICAS-GAME-OF-WEEK-2023-SLATE.jpg

Come to Billy's. That's where the NH Backers meet.

2 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

YoutubeTV generally has the same channels you'd have on cable or directv, including your local channels. Instead of a dedicated line (cable) or a dish, the channels are streamed over the internet. It's a channel on your device just like Netflix. You start the channel and go to the guide.

If you need a streaming device, the firestick is a good one. You hook that up, install youtubetv, and off you go

So you do get network channels  including local stations. I guess that was my question. We get a boatload of streaming services, but not with local stations that I know of.  I still watch some network TV while the wife streams almost everything she watches. This sounds like basically what I have now with DTV Streaming, plus DTV Dish which was the only way to get Sunday Ticket. Streaming could not get the games for some reason, but I enjoyed a little redundancy for “emergencies”. 

….and YES, I did get up and walk across the room to change to one of the other two channels available to me in black and white. Commander Tom was worth the effort!  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

I've had ST for years, and I would set up my DirectTV DVR to record the three or four games I was most interested in.  Then I'd watch the Bills live but move through the others during the week, skipping the commercials and the chatter.  It's one of the things I liked best about ST.

I don't know how this will work with YouTube.  I won't have a DVR.  Does anyone know if YT lets you record shows and save them somewhere (in the cloud?) and watch them later?

8 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I've had ST for years, and I would set up my DirectTV DVR to record the three or four games I was most interested in.  Then I'd watch the Bills live but move through the others during the week, skipping the commercials and the chatter.  It's one of the things I liked best about ST.

I don't know how this will work with YouTube.  I won't have a DVR.  Does anyone know if YT lets you record shows and save them somewhere (in the cloud?) and watch them later?

It has unlimited DVR. I would imagine ti will work with sunday ticket in the same way, but I'm assuming there

14 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

It has unlimited DVR. I would imagine ti will work with sunday ticket in the same way, but I'm assuming there

It also supposedly will have the "condensed replays" of all games afterwards but I haven't seen anything official about it

I get the Jets and Giants on the local CBS and FOX network affiliates and of course any NBC and ABC/ESPN games.  National games like London.  So I count 9 games for sure.

I bought a digital antenna for $35 at Bestbuy which picks up CBS CH3 and FOX CH29 in Philadelphia.  So that adds the Bills game at Philly so at least one more game and any AFC Bills games the local market might pick up. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

On 6/29/2023 at 1:17 PM, NakedSquid said:

I prefer the $0.00 per game approach, also available online.

If you need a link, let me know come September.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

With YouTube TV, you also get unlimited storage to record as many shows as you like and skip commercials later if you don’t want to watch the show live. I’ve had it for a couple of years now. So glad to be out of Directv! I pay a little under $80 a month for the streaming service. You can watch it on anything you can download the YoutubeTV app on (tv,iPad,phone,etc…)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/30/2023 at 11:19 AM, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I set the Bills as my favorite and every Bills game will be recorded. Even replays on NFL Network so you are correct

17 hours ago, Jammer8732 said:

With YouTube TV, you also get unlimited storage to record as many shows as you like and skip commercials later if you don’t want to watch the show live. I’ve had it for a couple of years now. So glad to be out of Directv! I pay a little under $80 a month for the streaming service. You can watch it on anything you can download the YoutubeTV app on (tv,iPad,phone,etc…)

I switched last February. Really like it and saving a lot of money

Thank you for doing this! I'm probably forgoing Sunday Ticket this year in Southwest Florida unless they offer some sort of significant discount. With the Dolphins games being televised in addition to the ones that you listed, it just doesn't make much sense to buy the full package at the current price. I really hoped that YouTube would offer some sort of team-based or redzone-only package, but they (I think mistakenly) took a different course.

Anyway, thank you again for doing this and sharing the information. I appreciate it!

Edited by FloridaSnow

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.