McDermott & Beane Extended Through 2027

BritBill

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is a strawman.

No one is arguing that coaches should be fired for not winning a Super Bowl in any given year.

But what if they go the better part of the decade, with a top 5 QB, and never even MAKE the Super Bowl? What about then?

Josh Allen grew leaps and bounds from years 1-3…

he’s been elite for 3 years not half a decade 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cripes, some of these comments. It's like why waste the time and energy to be a fan if you're just gonna be sour grapes over everything the team does?

I've said it before, they could to win the Super Bowl 49-3 and some people here would still be like, "Yeah, but Josh has GOT to be more careful and not throw that third quarter pick!"

"You mean the one that bounced off a helmet at the line? Oh, and it was also 35-0 at that point. That pick?"

"Yeah man, that's the one! Can't have that if they wanna now be perennial contenders!"

That'll be how the goal posts get moved. "Yeah, McBeane turned around a middling franchise and made it a desired location among free agents. They installed a true culture and made the playoffs five years straight before making them for a sixth year and finally winning the big one."

Some "fans" would still be like: "Yeah well, McDermott still is not the guy for me and I'd much rather prefer an offensive minded coach who once sat next to Sean McVay on a flight to Denver." That'll be the only requirement at that point. Interview process like, "Okay so you coached under the magnificent Sean McVay?"

"Uh...well, not really but I did see him in a Target once."

"Pssh, say no more, you're hired. Here's your headset."

Bah. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Einstein said:

How do you define success in the NFL?

Knowing my definition is probably different than the people playing and coaching in the league, I’ll just say that during the course of a collaborative endeavor, there are a series of successes to be achieved on the way to an ultimate goal; required foundational successes. In short, there is success, higher success, and ultimate success.

While 31 teams don’t achieve that ultimate success, they have achieved success nonetheless. It is an insult to the work and sacrifice put in by the players, coaches, and the rest of those organizations to suggest otherwise. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s pointless. Nice try, but it reason will go nowhere. If your child isn’t the Valedictorian every year, you really need to look into an orphanage somewhere. 

Right? It’s funny how someone who claims to be the smartest here thinks in nothing but absolutes and generalizations. My dumb a** was always taught that’s a high indicator of low intelligence.

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is a strawman.

No one is arguing that coaches should be fired for not winning a Super Bowl in any given year.

But what if they go the better part of the decade, with a top 5 QB, and never even MAKE the Super Bowl? What about then?

Agreed. His point was inane…completely lacking context and nuance. 

McDermott and Beane have been successful in Buffalo. I can’t imagine anyone debating that. But that doesn’t mean they’re the right fit to move forward.

It’s one thing to improve from laughing stock to playoff contender. It’s quite  another to improve from playoff contender to champion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Winning games?

if they cant put a RB1 in the backfield with a qb that carries them..... it's obvious that they are satisfied that the qb is the draw, and they know people will watch because of him.  The star receiver doesnt get it, and you get turmoil.  Those opposed simply would like an effort to win a championship. 

Edited by 1onemangang7
punctualtion

9 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

It's excusable when you got 3 SB's and 2 wins there

Right… and I’m tired of watching KC go to the AFCC game every year, and 3 Super Bowl appearances, it feels like NE all over again.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Right? It’s funny how someone who claims to be the smartest here thinks in nothing but absolutes and generalizations. My dumb a** was always taught that’s a high indicator of low intelligence.

Another clue I’ve learned in life, the people who are the most successful and wealthiest rarely make that immediately apparent. NEVER do they offer tax returns on an internet message board.  We have known some incredibly successful people, some who can’t remember the last time they flew commercial, but you would never know it to sit down with them. 

EDIT: It seems a lot of the most successful people seem more interested in you than themselves. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

cause i disagree with your research?  or cause your buddy calls me a racist cause that's his only argument when someone disagrees with him..?  hmmm?

It’s the language you used. Nothing more and I’m not getting into the middle of that with you and Turk. 

And it’s not “my” research obviously so you can disagree all you want. I am looking into the methodology behind that graph and when I find it I’ll let you know first sweetie.

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Interesting timing for this.  They were already signed through 2025.

Pegula takes action to change the narrative around the team and reinforce foundation / culture / stability 

Yeah this was biggest question the timing of the extension. Beane and McDermott were already under contract for the next few years. I personally would have waited till after the season before rewarding them with another extension. However, end of the day it doesn’t matter much underperform and the seat starts to get warm. Will McBeane see the opening of the new stadium in 2026 think that is still up in the air. If they don’t reach a Super Bowl next 2-3 yrs both might not make it.

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

Sorry forgot racism does not exist. There is no scenario in the world that could have Pegula along with McD/Beane taking exception with a player questioning them. There could be no mindset of we are in charge not them. No worries about losing the players and needing to send a message that McD/Beane are here to stay, if your not on board then find a new home. Race could or could not play a part. But it happens all the time in the world. I have seen many times that you reward your own as a message to others. It could be blatant and purposeful, or just an unconscious way of operating. Heck why is the NFL still needing to create incentives to hire black coaches? Why do many black players still say they are treated differently? May not be the case here, but saying it does not exist is naive. 

YOU MADE it about race when it was NOT about race. period! get over it! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

It’s the language you used. Nothing more and I’m not getting into the middle of that with you and Turk. 

And it’s not “my” research obviously so you can disagree all you want. I am looking into the methodology behind that graph and when I find it I’ll let you know first sweetie.

your references are "square"  they make money, they dont win championships.  You'd do yourself a favor ignoring pff

10 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

Failed to meet expectations two straight years, and were embarrassed on their home field last season says otherwise 

Who's expectations?  Yours?  They didn't fail to meet my expectations, and I promise I'm as big of a fan as you are.  They were 13-3 last year.  Did you expect higher?  They won a playoff game.  After a perfect storm of unfortunate incidents, they ran out of gas.  Happens to the best of us.  As long as they make the playoffs and give themselves a fighting chance, my expectations are met.  My love is not conditional on a Super Bowl....although that's coming regardless of your expectations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I see. I show some restraint and I still get a little jab. Nice.

85% of your posts are little jabs. Like super weak jabs thrown by a babies toe weak. 

15% of your posts, I see a rational side of you.  With thought.  Not emotions

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

you just did get in the middle of it, if you werent going to get in the middle of it you wouldnt have to bring it up.  So you wanna delve into a subject to express an opinion then withdraw it?  Yeah, Pff should be your guiding light, cause yours arent on and ya need help.  Or you can just listen to some of these guys in here that spell it out for ya.  Either way youre blind and stabbing for answers. 

Edited by 1onemangang7
  • Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

#ignore

save yourself

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Why not acknowledge the fact the cap situation is of their own creation? It’s not like Beane is dealing w dead cap from a former GM, this mess is his. 

When you have a roster as talented as ours top to bottom, cap management is going to come into play, especially with a top 5 QB on his second contract.I think he's done a great job. I suffered through a lot of bad, bad years of Bills football and this is only the second time in my life where we've had a Super Bowl contender for multiple years. It's fun watching Bills football again.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Knowing my definition is probably different than the people playing and coaching in the league, I’ll just say that during the course of a collaborative endeavor, there are a series of successes to be achieved on the way to an ultimate goal; required foundational successes. In short, there is success, higher success, and ultimate success.

While 31 teams don’t achieve that ultimate success, they have achieved success nonetheless. It is an insult to the work and sacrifice put in by the players, coaches, and the rest of those organizations to suggest otherwise. 

What you’re describing is tiered progress. While I would not regard these milestones as “success”, I can understand why a fan would want to categorize it that way. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

31 teams have a better runner that could be put in the backfield with the qb that is what?, a consensus top 5 in the leauge?  That alone and i'm not extending them.  They get lucky with an aging runner rejuvenated after time on a practice squad because he couldnt make a team, or a guy Belichick wont match a low ball offer for.  They screwed up with the Cook pick and theyre gung ho to show you they didnt. 

Edited by 1onemangang7

13 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

31 teams have a better runner that could be put in the backfield with the qb that is what?, a consensus top 5 in the leauge?  That alone and i'm not extending them.  They get lucky with an aging runner rejuvenated after time on a practice squad because he couldnt make a team, or a guy Belichick wont match a low ball offer for.  They screwed up with the Cook pick and theyre gung ho to show you they didnt. 

by the way the term gung ho is in no way meant to be racist.....

51 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

you just did get in the middle of it, if you werent going to get in the middle of it you wouldnt have to bring it up.  So you wanna delve into a subject to express an opinion then withdraw it?  Yeah, Pff should be your guiding light, cause yours arent on and ya need help.  Or you can just listen to some of these guys in here that spell it out for ya.  Either way youre blind and stabbing for answers. 

I can’t even decipher half of this Internet tough guy bulls*** but the parts I do get again, not my chart. I never even said anything about it when I posted it. I don’t know if it came from pff and even if it did so what? 

Why would I “listen to some of guys in here”? Guys like you? No thanks.

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I can’t even decipher half of this Internet tough guy bulls*** but the parts I do get again, not my chart. I never even said anything about it when I posted it. I don’t know if it came from pff and even if it did so what? 

Why would I “listen to some of guys in here”? Guys like you? No thanks.

that's fine, youre a fan, you'll be happy when they win you just wont know how it came about. 

Edited by 1onemangang7

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Another clue I’ve learned in life, the people who are the most successful and wealthiest rarely make that immediately apparent. NEVER do they offer tax returns on an internet message board.  We have known some incredibly successful people, some who can’t remember the last time they flew commercial, but you would never know it to sit down with them. 

EDIT: It seems a lot of the most successful people seem more interested in you than themselves. 

This is laughable.

The worlds leading executives are arrogant silver tongues who languish every opportunity to spew their connections and wealth upon others. Most people know the obvious ones, such as Elon Musk and Martin Shkreli, but they’re all (more or less) like this. Once you reach a certain level, you’re no longer purchasing more cars, homes, art, and jets for yourself - but rather as a d measuring contest among other top executives.

What the post above shows is that Augie is not well connected and does not know many people in high positions. The humble are the few and far between. 

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

But none of them achieved their goal.  Are 80% of owners ignorant of the goal?

McDermott is the longest tenured coach without a Super Bowl appearance. Why do you think that is? Why aren’t there a litany of head coaches, with more years of service, that lack a Super Bowl appearance? After allC owners understand that the goal is hard, right?

The answer isn't complicated. Other franchises tend to let go of their head coach after a certain period of not meeting the ultimate objective.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is laughable.

The worlds leading executives are arrogant silver tongues who languish every opportunity to spew their connections and wealth upon others. Most people know the obvious ones, such as Elon Musk and Martin Shkreli, but they’re all (more or less) like this. Once you reach a certain level, you’re no longer purchasing more cars, homes, art, and jets for yourself - but rather as a d measuring contest among other top executives.

What the post above shows is that Augie is not well connected and does not know many people in high positions. The humble are the few and far between. 

Please! Do tell us more! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Well no reason to get a rb1 I guess. They reward what they've seen. Josh gets everyone paid. He's the entertainment. No reason to be unsatisfied. .. .. 

From the what I’ve read, he’s so good, he’s about to get a waitress paid. Now that’s entertaining. RB is the least of his problems. 

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

From the what I’ve read, he’s so good, he’s about to get a waitress paid. Now that’s entertaining. RB is the least of his problems. 

lol, with the right back he can pay any waitress....his personal life is his, he'll take it out on linebackers. 

14 minutes ago, Einstein said:

McDermott is the longest tenured coach without a Super Bowl appearance. Why do you think that is? Why aren’t there a litany of head coaches, with more years of service, that lack a Super Bowl appearance? After allC owners understand that the goal is hard, right?

The answer isn't complicated. Other franchises tend to let go of their head coach after a certain period of not meeting the ultimate objective.

Sounds like you think he should have been canned already. KC held onto Reid for 7 years until he won a SB. McDermott is entering his 7th year. I’m sure some KC fans were acting like you. Good thing management and ownership don’t listen to fans who think they can run the franchise better. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Sounds like you think he should have been canned already. KC held onto Reid for 7 years until he won a SB. McDermott is entering his 7th year. I’m sure some KC fans were acting like you. Good thing management and ownership don’t listen to fans who think they can run the franchise better. 

The difference is that Reid had already been to 5 Championship games and a Super Bowl by that point.

BIG difference between that and McDermott. One was a lot closer to the goal than the other.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.