McDermott & Beane Extended Through 2027

BritBill

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

And I suspect they will get until 2025 to win a SB. Hopefully it happens.

I see 2024 season being their last one if they continue to regress. But if they can just be competitive in the divisional round again, or better yet advance to the conference championship game, they’ll be sticking around for a long while.

their job security doesn’t depend on winning a Super Bowl but they can’t keep going backwards in the postseason.

24 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Added Reid to your list as took him 21 years to win the SB.

The missing ingredient for Andy Reid though was an elite QB

Mcd has had that for 3 years now.

And let’s be honest if MCD didn’t have Josh Allen, is he still coaching the bills? Probably not

I am not anti McDermott for the record. (although I will be if he can’t get over the hump this year)

i wonder if the timing (of the announcement of a long-done deal) was, in small part, targeted at Stephon Diggs.

"yeah champ.  Just so you know.  You are not bigger than this train.  It will keep rollin"

Edited by maddenboy

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Lol again? What’s my success rate? 

I don’t keep a running tally of every bad opinion and insane prediction made here; that would require a significant amount of manpower. 

But you’re definitely south of the Mendoza line. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

But, why?

Didn't they have several years of contract left?

Doesn’t really matter I guess. Many coaches have been fired after signing extensions.

Right on cue I see.  Your schtick is as reliable as the sun rising in the morning 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

Failed to meet expectations two straight years, and were embarrassed on their home field last season says otherwise 

Maybe fans’ expectations are too high for this team. The owners seem to be fine with a perennial playoff team that sells seats and gets primetime games. 

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

"... especially the black players???" Where is your head at?

1 hour ago, julian said:

this is crazy

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this is sick. 

1 hour ago, Lost said:

I agree with you on this point :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

good lord

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Dude what are you talking about?? How is your first thought about this a race thing?

Sorry forgot racism does not exist. There is no scenario in the world that could have Pegula along with McD/Beane taking exception with a player questioning them. There could be no mindset of we are in charge not them. No worries about losing the players and needing to send a message that McD/Beane are here to stay, if your not on board then find a new home. Race could or could not play a part. But it happens all the time in the world. I have seen many times that you reward your own as a message to others. It could be blatant and purposeful, or just an unconscious way of operating. Heck why is the NFL still needing to create incentives to hire black coaches? Why do many black players still say they are treated differently? May not be the case here, but saying it does not exist is naive. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Well like it or not we are stuck with McDermott for the next few seasons. 

As much as I criticize him, the Bills could do a lot worse. 

At this point we just have to sit back and hope Josh can deliver us a championship.  

Peyton won a SuperBowl despite Dungy. Allen will have to do the same. 

I agree “we could do a lot worse” seems to be the standard. And if you subscribe to that then it can’t be argued. So be it.

But Allen has already proven he can’t deliver a championship by elevating the players around him and carrying the load. The guy’s brain explodes due to the OL (which continues to be an afterthought for Beane). Something needs to change with personnel or play design.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Sorry forgot racism does not exist. There is no scenario in the world that could have Pegula along with McD/Beane taking exception with a player questioning them. There could be no mindset of we are in charge not them. No worries about losing the players and needing to send a message that McD/Beane are here to stay, if your not on board then find a new home. Race could or could not play a part. But it happens all the time in the world. I have seen many times that you reward your own as a message to others. It could be blatant and purposeful, or just an unconscious way of operating. Heck why is the NFL still needing to create incentives to hire black coaches? Why do many black players still say they are treated differently? May not be the case here, but saying it does not exist is naive. 

no one said “racism doesn’t exist.” But nice try.

And, again, there are very credible reports out there, that I shared here and you ignored, that these extensions were worked out and agreed to a while ago. Before the public Diggs drama. 

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team was a literal disgrace for almost 20 straight years and these two completely turned it around. Nobody else that tried even got close…I don’t know how anyone could have an issue with it. Fraizer was the problem. I can’t wait for this year 

Josh Allen turned it around 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Any fan who is against this doesn’t remember Donahoe, Levy (as GM), Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley, Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey, Doug Marrone, Chan Gailey, and Gregg Williams. 

Not everyone is a homer fan and happy of falling short of the Super Bowl

• Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Comparing Kelly to Allen is kind of pointless as a different era.  While Allen would have been bigger than any QB back then he also may not have survived as well back then due to the pounding he'd have taken and defenses didn't need to worry as much about getting flagged.

You're skirting and making excuses, not answering the question.  So we'll take another approach, I'll cater to your arguments.  

To start, McNabb also wasn't great, he was hardly Favre, Manning, or Warner either, much less Brady, his peers in those days.  In fact, McNabb was a pretty average, at best, QB.  Likening him to Newton is fair, they both had similar trajectories.  

So let's rephrase the question, how would Reid have done with Favre, Warner, or Manning at QB?   I mercifully left Brady off of there for you.  ;) 

BTW, would we even be having this conversation if a QB the caliber of McNabb had been drafted by Beane instead of Allen?  I don't think so.  

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

And I suspect they will get until 2025 to win a SB. Hopefully it happens.

Well, if they make it to the end of their extension without having done so, Allen will be entering his back-9.  

Edited by PBF81

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

You just drastically altered the argument by the post to which I responded.  

Is that a standard to be held aloft as being great?  

Our 90's era team blew that out of the water and Kelly was no where near as good as Allen.  

Just sayin'

Also true

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, julian said:

Also true

I'm getting ready to do an analysis on Polian/McD/Kelly contrasted with Beane/McD/Allen.  Just looking at the data, both now thru 7 years, except for Beane who has only 6, is telling. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.