McDermott & Beane Extended Through 2027

BritBill

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Excuse me? Leave your f***ing racist remarks somewhere else you giant sack of horse manure.

I was born in Buffalo and lived here most of my 45+ years. My father is from Turkey. And yes, he did it the right way, with a green card and is now a naturalized citizen if you need to know before you start trying to hunt him down for being an illegal and call ICE, I thought I'd save you the trouble.

I guess you gotta always pull the race card since you'll never grow out of being a pus sy

Edited by 1onemangang7

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

I guess you gotta always pull the race card since you'll never grow out of being a pus sy

Won't be responding to any more of your posts since you found a permanent place on my ignore list. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I thought that was Whaley and staff last draft?

I mean Whaley was the GM.. and they certainly didn’t scrap his reports of players 

But he was also basically on the way out according to most around the NFL 

He was fired along with scouts immediately after the draft…. He didn’t have much say … with how it played out 

What he did have was tons of valuable information on a lot of prospects… You can’t cut him and the scouts loose before the draft and then have him serve all that information up to other people

You use his information and the information you got from Carolina and there scouts and make picks accordingly 

No way a sitting duck actually selected the players 

also news from Carolina was that they were big on Dawkins and McDermott used that to jump in front of them

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

Josh Allen turned it around 

Not everyone is a homer fan and happy of falling short of the Super Bowl

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

See this mentality I don’t get…. Because the Bills were a ***** disaster for twenty years running, McBeane are now untouchable??… they’ve done a very good job, but for ***** sake they’ve won nothing…. how bout we raise the bar a little? 

just consider the risk in what you guys are saying. We have a combo that has turned this franchise around and now has us in contention every year. Free agents want to come here, and we are re-signing our own guys. Not only that, they have already spawned their own successful GM and coaching tree. 

And instead you would prefer to roll the dice to get probably some unknown commodities at GM and HC, and head back onto the carousel of doom we experienced for like 25 years. 

people’s expectations are so skewed. All you can do is build a team into one that can make the playoffs and be in contention to win. When you get there, it is a total crap shoot and all about matchups, player execution, and good health as to which teams ultimately win the SB. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, great QBs are part and parcel to great coaching success. The vast majority of league history bears that out and it will never change. 

So fire McDermott, hire a new coach and staff and, VOILA! Instant SB champs immediately? I fully understand questioning McD as there is legitimate reason to do so, but I also realize ANY new staff that comes in will experience a regression. And the same fans that wanted McD gone will go even more ape sh*t than they do now.

I don't automatically assume regression

I mean, I would suffer a couple more regular season losses if it meant come playoff time we had a staff and HC that enjoyed the big moments 

• Agree 2

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

just consider the risk in what you guys are saying. We have a combo that has turned this franchise around and now has us in contention every year. Free agents want to come here, and we are re-signing our own guys. Not only that, they have already spawned their own successful GM and coaching tree. 

And instead you would prefer to roll the dice to get probably some unknown commodities at GM and HC, and head back onto the carousel of doom we experienced for like 25 years. 

people’s expectations are so skewed. All you can do is build a team into one that can make the playoffs and be in contention to win. When you get there, it is a total crap shoot and all about matchups, player execution, and good health as to which teams ultimately win the SB. 

C'mon. You know the next quarter in the slot machine or lottery ticket is gonna be the jackpot.

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Sorry forgot racism does not exist. There is no scenario in the world that could have Pegula along with McD/Beane taking exception with a player questioning them. There could be no mindset of we are in charge not them. No worries about losing the players and needing to send a message that McD/Beane are here to stay, if you’re not on board then find a new home. Race could or could not play a part. But it happens all the time in the world. I have seen many times that you reward your own as a message to others. It could be blatant and purposeful, or just an unconscious way of operating. Heck why is the NFL still needing to create incentives to hire black coaches? Why do many black players still say they are treated differently? May not be the case here, but saying it does not exist is naive. 

Good lord

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I read a report that states McD and Beane were secretly conspiring to walk out on the team if they weren’t given an extension. They voiced their concerns with resignation papers in hand.  Terry folded to the pressure and here we are.

Link?

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, great QBs are part and parcel to great coaching success. The vast majority of league history bears that out and it will never change. 

So fire McDermott, hire a new coach and staff and, VOILA! Instant SB champs immediately? I fully understand questioning McD as there is legitimate reason to do so, but I also realize ANY new staff that comes in will experience a regression. And the same fans that wanted McD gone will go even more ape sh*t than they do now.

You have no idea if a new staff would experience regression. This is a common assumption and thinking error. 

A new staff might propel the team to a SB win. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.