Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

well I’m not sure absolutely ruining before it starts is better than possibly having something go wrong later 

Diggs could be a cancer. The other guys got to show up or we look for away to get another  wr. It’s not impossible 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am just piecing this together with everybody else. But if I had to guess…

Allen (Von?) saying they totally support Diggs and what he’s doing is where Diggs takes issue. He doesn’t feel like they have his back in Diggs complaints to getting a seat at the table.

I get it to an extent.

But also, Diggs abandoned the team when they were down after that game and didn’t show up to locker clean out. From somebody who managed a lot of high level teams I likely wouldn’t have proactively searched his opinion on anything either. 

I don’t think you can discuss the offseason coaching changes and Diggs involvement without talking about how he behaved after the CIN game. 

I think Diggs was used to be the ladies man on the Bills (see the Vikings’ video). Now horny and single Josh is out & about and Diggs is picking up the scraps. My friends experience this when I get out of relationships. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Again this is all supposition that Diggs is talking about Josh. If so, he could be thinking that Josh is making him look bad, or trying to make himself good, but over-praising the relationship whilst it’s in a bad place. Or Josh isn’t being completely honest about what led to the offensive issues at the end of the season, instead blaming communication. But, as ever, Difgs is so cryptic he could be speaking about anyone. And I doubt he’ll be allowed in front of a mic if he does turn up at training tomorrow.

At this point it doesn’t matter who it’s about in the org. Whoever it is is on a scale somewhere between bad and worse. 

51 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

All McDermott said was he was ‘concerned’. Josh went into it deeper. Feels like it’s directed at Josh for that reason.

Good that Diggs is still revelling in talking in riddles rather than just coming out and saying it.

I tend to agree, since Josh talked for 11 minutes and all of the questions were about Diggs, while all McDermott said was "I'm very concerned", it does seem directed at Josh.  On the other hand...there is no restriction on players talking to each other in the off season.   Diggs can't throw the ball to himself.  If Diggs has issues with his QB, the guy he depends upon to get him the ball, and he wants to be a Bill and win a superbowl here (as Von said), he really ought to deal with any issues he has man-to-man, months ago.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Whatever is happening with Diggs, it seems they've had the last 5 months to figure it out. Why all of a sudden is this happening now during ota's? 

Because he loves drama! Did all bills fans just ignore why he was available in the first place? 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Diggs was used to be the ladies man on the Bills (see the Vikings’ video). Now horny and single Josh is out & about and Diggs is picking up the scraps. My friends experience this when I get out of relationships. 

Fair enough... B-)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

At this point it doesn’t matter who it’s about in the org. Whoever it is is on a scale somewhere between bad and worse. 

If it’s about the Bills at all. Someone said earlier it could refer to his brother’s situation and they have a point, even if I responded bluntly at the time.

Agree, if it is about the Bills, then Diggs is on a one man bridge burning mission.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wait until Jefferson demands to be traded.

he will (justifiably) ask for the most WR money ever. The Vikes will push back and we’ll see him pout too. Then it will all work itself out and no big deal. 

6 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

As the window continues gradually closing

The stupid window crap is so annoying. It is so billsy for fans to be worrying about a window closing in the middle of the first playoff football we've seen in two decades.

This will all work itself out. The holier than thou attitude of fans is also annoying, talking about a tight super bowl window while at the same time saying we should cut our #1 WR in June at expense of huge amounts of dead cap because he didn't report to a 3 day minicamp in JUNE. Did I say June? Sheesh.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, What a Tuel said:

The stupid window crap is so annoying. It is so billys for fans to be worrying about a window closing in the middle of the first playoff football we've seen in two decades.

This will all work itself out. The holier than thou attitude of fans is also annoying, talking about a tight super bowl window while at the same time saying we should cut our #1 WR in June at expense of huge amounts of dead cap because he didn't report to a 3 day minicamp in JUNE. Did I say June? Sheesh.

Diggs is damaging the team, not helping it. Skills wise, of course the Bills will be better with him there. But mentally? Emotionally? I really have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's him

Based on?  Again I didn't see Josh tell a lie that threw Diggs under the bus.  Everything he said was about loving him, supporting him and accepting some blame.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

he will (justifiably) ask for the most WR money ever. The Vikes will push back and we’ll see him pout too. Then it will all work itself out and no big deal. 

Depends on the QB situation.  Cousins is signed for 1 more year and has a $28.5M dead cap after the season.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If it’s about the Bills at all. Someone said earlier it could refer to his brother’s situation and they have a point, even if I responded bluntly at the time.

Agree, if it is about the Bills, then Diggs is on a one man bridge burning mission.

I don't see how it could be about his brother's situation, what with all the talk about meetings with the GM and HC and so forth

There hasn't been any new media talk about his brother's situation that I've seen, so no "cap" there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

I don't see how it could be about his brother's situation, what with all the talk about meetings with the GM and HC and so forth

There hasn't been any new media talk about his brother's situation that I've seen, so no "cap" there.

Yeah, I know - clinging on little hope, really.

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I feel like it's about Josh claiming it isn't football related. Which everyone knows is cap.

If that's a lie, it's more meant to deflect criticism away from Diggs than to him.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Diggs is damaging the team, not helping it. Skills wise, of course the Bills will be better with him there. But mentally? Emotionally? I really have my doubts.

Come back in late August and tell me how much this "damaged the team, mentally, emotionally etc"

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

How exactly is this hurting the fans? And why assume we are all innocent?

because, no we have concerns he might not play. he has been integral the success with Josh. They have shown to be quite close.

So its pretty deflating going into the season with a what if, for Diggs.
He got paid and been well loved by fans in Buffalo.

Cant see where he got unfairly treated by Bills at any point. Things may have gone poorly at times , but thats hardly bad intentions

and he hasnt told why.

Concerning for McD is concerning for me

Reality says 

Next !

But i dont have to like it

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Come back in late August and tell me how much this "damaged the team, mentally, emotionally etc"

Depends what else happens through the season. If they sort it out and move on this is a storm in a teacup. If ot continues to brew and fester there is no doubt it will drag the team down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.