Are we more deserving of the SB hype this year than last?

Success

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

im not sure we are distantly off. Even 4th is outside the top 10% of teams. Hard to call a team outside the top 10% a favorite to win it, so that would be the starting area of that second tier of very good teams. 

saying that’s not a favorite but they have a shot seems to be fair for teams in the 4-5-6 -7 type of range. If Miller comes back early and reliable I’d put us right at the front of that group, if he struggles probably towards the tail of that group. 

To put your eggs in a basket of a 34 year old coming off his second ACL is pretty scary. Add in he plays on a pitch count as well is double scary. 

To boot the Bills still have Boogie and AJ on the roster. You know what you are getting with those two. It's called mediocrity. My eyes see a very vurnuable defense. 

3 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I agree with every word here and said so, at the time! It was an atrocious job of Head Coaching,starting with the unbelievably inept FUBAR to not squib kick! The point, the ONLY point was to use up 3-5 seconds! Plus, whatever D was being called on McDs TOs was totally inept. 

THIS was a SB lost in perhaps the Top 1-2 Offensive Playoff games in NFL history. Its choke job loss led to the belief that the Bills could easily take the next step! Now, having been horribly outclassed and at Home by Cinci,the Bills are clearly- at best, 3rd in the AFC. I hope Kincaid and the other moves will be successful. That is up to Dorsey who was far from perfect in 2022. The sked is far more difficult. I am hopeful, but not half as inspired as I was a year ago.

Agree 100%. 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, 97bills said:

We got a chance to win it all !!!! That’s all that matters. 

Agree unfortunately some Buffalo fans regardless of the sport don’t understand that simple concept of sports if the Buffalo Bills/Sabres whatever the sports team were the final playoff team or the number one playoff team you have to be in the playoffs to win it. Just that simple phase you have to be in the playoffs to win it sounds reasonable. Yet it’s difficult for some of the fool Buffalo sports fans that embrace tanking and rebuilding, suffering forever you show me that you show me a loser fan.

I don’t believe that mentality has any where in the sports world. Fool Buffalo Sabres fans while the Boston Bruins lost to Florida Panthers. Yet we have some Buffalo Sabres fans and it’s not just Buffalo fans you see this through out sports with fan bases that don’t want to make the playoffs this year for the stupid draft pick because in there alternate reality sports world they felt the Buffalo Sabres or fill in the blank

city sports team had no chance in the first round better to take the higher draft pick loser mentality. Then that same fan is shocked no one any good in free agency wants to play for the Buffalo Sabres or the Houston Texans? While the Houston Astros won another World Series Championship and free agents want to place with the Houston Astros. I use as a example same city? Ok it’s the ownership and the organization it has nothing to do with the city’s sports fans of Houston just that Bob McNair of the Houston Texans is a horrible owner. Why is one shocked that no good free agents want to play for the Houston Texans. Athletes are programmed to win games and championships not throwing away seasons tanking, excuse making wasting everyone’s and the players time in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Maybe I will come off as a homer but we are absolutely a better team this season. Are we more worthy of Superbowl hype? No, that is mostly due to the improvements made by the Jets and Dolphins. Our schedule is also brutal so just making it to the playoffs will be more difficult this season. 

How anyone can look at this team and not understand that will be better is beyond me. 

Our secondary was a tire fire of injuries last year and that is including Poyer basically playing on one leg. Injuries are always difficult to predict but id have a tough time believing our secondary will be as beat up as last year. White is another year further removed from his ACL injury. 

Our dline actually has two legit 1 tech D tackles and will have a much healthier rotation. We will be adding another vet. Dend. Miller will be back.

Linebacker is the wildcard but I wonder if will scheme our way out of issues. I think its pretty much universally accepted that the NFL caught on to Fraiser seat back in zone defense. 

Our guard play has monstrously been improved and Brown will actually have an offseason to train and get better. As it stands Brown is the one player on our offense that could hurt this team.

Our receivers are light years ahead of last season. Mckenzie was our 3rd best receiver and had no idea how to play against zone. This year he wouldn't even make the team. Kincaid alone gives us a solution to our terrible short passing game and redzone offense. Knox will enter the season without having his brother pass away right before it. That was a horrific situation. 

Our RB actually have defined roles and we added maulers who can push the pile. 

I dont think Dorsey was as bad as people think. I just think we were led to believe we had more talent than we did and our offensive line collapsed and Allen started pushing the ball downfield and made dumb mistakes to avoid being crushed. Will also help that Allen won't have a partially torn UCL for half the season. Its amazing that this is constantly over looked. 

Then add in the Hamlin situation and all the off season choas such as a snowstorm moving the Bills game last second to Detroit and being stuck in Chicago over Christmas and you certainly have a avenue to a much better mentally focused team. I firmly believe that Bengals game was lost before it was played and the same thing for the Miami playoff game. The talent gap was just too wide for Miami that they couldn't take advantage of Buffalo not being mentally prepared. 

Edited by HaldimandBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I agree with every word here and said so, at the time! It was an atrocious job of Head Coaching,starting with the unbelievably inept FUBAR to not squib kick! The point, the ONLY point was to use up 3-5 seconds! Plus, whatever D was being called on McDs TOs was totally inept. 

THIS was a SB lost in perhaps the Top 1-2 Offensive Playoff games in NFL history. Its choke job loss led to the belief that the Bills could easily take the next step! Now, having been horribly outclassed and at Home by Cinci,the Bills are clearly- at best, 3rd in the AFC. I hope Kincaid and the other moves will be successful. That is up to Dorsey who was far from perfect in 2022. The sked is far more difficult. I am hopeful, but not half as inspired as I was a year ago.

And I believe it ultimately is up to the players moreso than on the coaches.   Josh has alot of say in what plays are put into a gameplan, I've heard it countless of times where he endorses Dorsey  and it is apparent that if he doesn't like a certain type of play it's not likely in the gameplan.  I have no problem if they give Joshthat much input in what plays they run.  You do want your QB to be the on field general.  However that gives Josh a higher degree of accountability when a play doesn't work.  He gets to see at the line of scrimmage and after the snap what is developing in front of him and he needs to be able to process th a t real time data to find the best place to go with the football.  Dorsey or any coach needs his players to understand what they are doing and why it will work against certain defenses. Oc calling plays isn't like on a video game where everything pretty much goes as programmed by the code and doesn't deviate. 

In real time a stumble by a defender could mean an otherwise perfectly called screen now becomes s blown up play because the defender wasn't drawn away from the target and instead is now is prime position to negate the play that otherwise would have broke a long gain.  The result has you blaming the call whereas the execution was at fault, where an alert qb would be able to shift the target away from the defender who lucked into being where he wasn't expected to be.  Josh worked on his mechanics to get his accuracy improved.  I'm hoping he's worked on his mental game this offseason.  If his statement on getting older and beinga Qb first, football player second is sincere and not just a soundbite to deflect  media, then it's up to him to up his game as far as ho w he chooses when and what to audible too.  And then it also requires the other players to be focused and aware of the flow of the playcalls.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

You deserve what you earn. The Bills have tried to improve the team this offseason, just like every other team. Accolades this time of year for having a good team on paper are just sad.  There’s nothing to do but see how it all plays out. 

My opinion is this anytime any media brings up any hype on being SB  contenders in the offseason, any player should respond that there are 32 teams with the same goal.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

Maybe I will come off as a homer but we are absolutely a better team this season. Are we more worthy of Superbowl hype? No, that is mostly due to the improvements made by the Jets and Dolphins. Our schedule is also brutal so just making it to the playoffs will be more difficult this season. 

How anyone can look at this team and not understand that will be better is beyond me. 

Our secondary was a tire fire of injuries last year and that is including Poyer basically playing on one leg. Injuries are always difficult to predict but id have a tough time believing our secondary will be as beat up as last year. White is another year further removed from his ACL injury. 

Our dline actually has two legit 1 tech D tackles and will have a much healthier rotation. We will be adding another vet. Dend. Miller will be back.

Linebacker is the wildcard but I wonder if will scheme our way out of issues. I think its pretty much universally accepted that the NFL caught on to Fraiser seat back in zone defense. 

Our guard play has monstrously been improved and Brown will actually have an offseason to train and get better. As it stands Brown is the one player on our offense that could hurt this team.

Our receivers are light years ahead of last season. Mckenzie was our 3rd best receiver and had no idea how to play against zone. This year he wouldn't even make the team. Kincaid alone gives us a solution to our terrible short passing game and redzone offense. Knox will enter the season without having his brother pass away right before it. That was a horrific situation. 

I dont think Dorsey was as bad as people think. I just think we were led to believe we had more talent than we did and our offensive line collapsed and Allen started pushing the ball downfield and made dumb mistakes to avoid being crushed. Will also help that Allen won't have a partially torn UCL for half the season. Its amazing that this is constantly over looked. 

Then add in the Hamlin situation and all the off season choas such as a snowstorm moving the Bills game last second to Detroit and being stuck in Chicago over Christmas and you certainly have a avenue to a much better mentally focused team. I firmly believe that Bengals game was lost before it was played and the same thing for the Miami playoff game. The talent gap was just too wide for Miami that they couldn't take advantage of Buffalo not being mentally prepared. 

Well said .. and it’s not homerish at all

to say we’re much better going into this coming season than we were going into last season, let alone once the injuries hit. 

We downgraded one position.. Middle Linebacker, with Edmunds leaving in Free Agency. 

We upgraded the following:

QB - Allen (now healthy)

OG - McGovern & Torrence

EDGE - Von back

DT - Poona added

S - Hyde back

TE - Kincaid added

Nevermind expected improvement from guys like Elam, Shakir, Knox, Harty, White, Brown and Year 2 for Dorsey & Kromer. 

We also play in a loaded division, within a loaded conference with a really tough schedule.   Jets & Dolphins have Super Bowl contender talent and the Chiefs & Bengals have a lot of the same reason for optimism that we have, along with the experience of actually making it to the Super Bowl. 

We don’t deserve to be called a SB favorite due to the past, but talent-wise/expectation-wise… 100%, we are. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

My opinion is this anytime any media brings up any hype on being SB  contenders in the offseason, any player should respond that there are 32 teams with the same goal.  

Players should say they’re doing everything they can to help their team win the SB.

My issue is more with the fans whose insecurities are on full display every time a top team or player topic comes up. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sean calling the defense could be the difference in the playoffs

But I don't want the team to receive tons of hype

Last year we had the highest odds to be super bowl champion.  This year i think right now we have the 3rd best odds.  

What i mean when saying this is - the media hype is not very high. The recency bias is extreme there because they have to talk about football every day of the offseason.  So lets talk about the cincy game, and rodgers, and ramsey etc. But most football people would say... last years super bowl favorites didn't really lose much from the previous year, so why should i expect miami and the jets to surpass them?  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sean calling the defense could be the difference in the playoffs

But I don't want the team to receive tons of hype

We don't know what we're going to get w/ McD's defense - but I'm certainly excited to see how it will look. I'm optimistic about it.  I think it will be more aggressive, and take more chances.  It could make a very big difference in our playoff success.

And I agree. I'm kind of thrilled to be a bit more under the radar. The hype last year was unearned and out of control - and really culminated w/ Romo and all of the "Mr. January" stuff.  With Rodgers coming to the East, and KC/Cincy being seen as the 2 top teams, the Bills can hopefully just go about their business without as much spotlight (though we'll still be seen as a contender).

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Last year we had the highest odds to be super bowl champion.  This year i think right now we have the 3rd best odds.  

What i mean when saying this is - the media hype is not very high. The recency bias is extreme there because they have to talk about football every day of the offseason.  But most football people would say... last years super bowl favorites didn't really lose much from the previous year, so why should i expect miami and the jets to surpass them?  

Fins and Jets both gave us big challenges.  If AR plays like he did until last season, Jets could be 12-4. Their Defense is nasty 

6 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The Bills over the last 3 seasons had a good enough roster to at least get to 1 SB.  But the coaches always found a way to screw it up. 

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Fins and Jets both gave us big challenges.  If AR plays like he did until last season, Jets could be 12-4. Their Defense is nasty 

Just gotta punch a ticket to playoffs this year - don't worry about things like homefield, division, etc.  The big thing is actually playing their best ball in January and February.  We played our best in september and october a year ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Well said .. and it’s not homerish at all

to say we’re much better going into this coming season than we were going into last season, let alone once the injuries hit. 

We downgraded one position.. Middle Linebacker, with Edmunds leaving in Free Agency. 

We upgraded the following:

QB - Allen (now healthy)

OG - McGovern & Torrence

EDGE - Von back

DT - Poona added

S - Hyde back

TE - Kincaid added

Nevermind expected improvement from guys like Elam, Shakir, Knox, Harty, White, Brown and Year 2 for Dorsey & Kromer. 

We also play in a loade 

We don’t deserve to be called a SB favorite due to the past, but talent-wise/expectation-wise… 100%, we are. 

With some perspective:
11-12 Months ago:
Allen was healthy
OG: had just been upgrade with FA Roger Saffold (such a value find).  Bates was back and we were solid on the interior.
Edge - Von was healthy 

DT - JP was back where he had his best year(s), Jones was added, Oliver was about to be a star

S - Hyde and Poyer were healthy with no major injury concern
TE - Knox was showing improvement every year and poised to be the next TE star.  OJ Howard was here so we could run 2 TE sets.

Tre was coming back from injury, we had a new Rd 1 CB so we'd have 2 shut down CBs.  Davis was coming off the KC playoff game - a true #2, Crowder was a solid veteran 3, Shakir was a steal in the draft.

Fast forward to today - we're selling ourselves that we've hit gold on every FA, draft pick and ACL recovery.  We don't deserve to be hyped more than last season.... at least not yet.

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Chris Brown just said on WGR, not to expect O'Torrence to start.

I don't know if he knows something because he works for the Bills, or if he is just guessing. 

I mean, if he performs the best in camp - he should start.

I'm fully expecting that.  I suppose they're tempering expectations or something along those lines, but he's a 2nd rounder who some thought might be a 1st rounder.  Based on what he brings to the table, it's hard to imagine he won't be starting.

28 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Jets had a historically healthy defense and defenses 99% of the time see a regression to some level. Jets are scary but I doubt that defense is quite as dominant.

In fact the Jets are who we should be thanking more than anyone. They are the team that showed all the major flaws in our offense. They built the blue print to dummy our guards, take away our perimeter passing game, show zero respect to our run game and intermediate to short passing game, and have a stud athlete spy Josh Allen. 

Our entire off season has been developing our offense so this doesn't happen again. Want to take away Diggs and Davis deep. Ok we can go short as Mckenzie won't be running the wrong route anymore. Want to play heavy zone and think you'll bully our guards? Guess again we have Kincaid and guards who aren't turnstiles. Think our run game is a joke in the redzone and you can just spy Allen and not worry about the Bills running up the middle? Guess again we have a massive guard now and RB who actually have size and have shown theyre short yardage specialits in the NFL. 

This isn't even factoring in Shakir taking a step forward. Harty who actually knows how to be a weapon at slot vs. Zone unlike Mckenzie and the fact Sherfield and Kincaid can actually block in the run game so we aren't overly relying of Gabe Davis and moving him inside to block and basically tipping off our plays to opposing defenses. Hey maybe Gabe will actually rebound as well only having to worry about being an outside receiver.

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

And I believe it ultimately is up to the players moreso than on the coaches.   Josh has alot of say in what plays are put into a gameplan, I've heard it countless of times where he endorses Dorsey  and it is apparent that if he doesn't like a certain type of play it's not likely in the gameplan.  I have no problem if they give Joshthat much input in what plays they run.  You do want your QB to be the on field general.  However that gives Josh a higher degree of accountability when a play doesn't work.  He gets to see at the line of scrimmage and after the snap what is developing in front of him and he needs to be able to process th a t real time data to find the best place to go with the football.  Dorsey or any coach needs his players to understand what they are doing and why it will work against certain defenses. Oc calling plays isn't like on a video game where everything pretty much goes as programmed by the code and doesn't deviate. 

In real time a stumble by a defender could mean an otherwise perfectly called screen now becomes s blown up play because the defender wasn't drawn away from the target and instead is now is prime position to negate the play that otherwise would have broke a long gain.  The result has you blaming the call whereas the execution was at fault, where an alert qb would be able to shift the target away from the defender who lucked into being where he wasn't expected to be.  Josh worked on his mechanics to get his accuracy improved.  I'm hoping he's worked on his mental game this offseason.  If his statement on getting older and beinga Qb first, football player second is sincere and not just a soundbite to deflect  media, then it's up to him to up his game as far as ho w he chooses when and what to audible too.  And then it also requires the other players to be focused and aware of the flow of the playcalls.  

Well said with regards to Allen. This will be the next step forward in his maturation and I think he’ll make that progress next season!

20 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

With some perspective:
11-12 Months ago:
Allen was healthy
OG: had just been upgrade with FA Roger Saffold (such a value find).  Bates was back and we were solid on the interior.
Edge - Von was healthy 

DT - JP was back where he had his best year(s), Jones was added, Oliver was about to be a star

S - Hyde and Poyer were healthy with no major injury concern
TE - Knox was showing improvement every year and poised to be the next TE star.  OJ Howard was here so we could run 2 TE sets.

Tre was coming back from injury, we had a new Rd 1 CB so we'd have 2 shut down CBs.  Davis was coming off the KC playoff game - a true #2, Crowder was a solid veteran 3, Shakir was a steal in the draft.

Fast forward to today - we're selling ourselves that we've hit gold on every FA, draft pick and ACL recovery.  We don't deserve to be hyped more than last season.... at least not yet.

Oh, some of what you say is valid.  

Allen being healthy just is what it is.  Maybe he gets hurt and actually misses time next year, but as a contender, you have to hope that your QB doesn’t suffer an injury like a UCL tear in your throwing elbow halfway through the season.   If we’re being honest, Allen probably should’ve missed time last year. 

With Von, again, it is what it is.  Just have to hope he doesn’t have a season ending injury.  As does KC with Chris Jones. 

Good points about Saffold and Bates … although Bates is fine, and should be better in Year 2 Kromer (which again, projection, but is a “thing” as mentioned by many players under Kromer). 

Oliver was a disappointment.  Most of us did think he’d breakout last year. 

I don’t think the majority of the fanbase was expecting White to be lockdown.  In fact, many people worried White would never be the same .. which was a huge talking point in needing a RD1 corner.    

Brown was a worry that came to fruition.  Injured all off-season and many worried he’d be a liability. 

So, while, we had high hopes .. not everything you allude to was discussed in rainbows and butterflies. 

Edited by SCBills

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

A lot of people will poo-poo this, but I too think McD's seat is warmer than most realize.

It’s an AFC championship appearance or gone situation and that’s good.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Governor said:

It’s an AFC championship appearance or gone situation and that’s good.

There will be added pressure on McBeane to field a winner now that the new stadium is finally going to be built. Terry wants Bills fans to shell out big bucks for raised ticket prices and PSL fees then he better have a good product on the field.

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Well said with regards to Allen. This will be the next step forward in his maturation and I think he’ll make that progress next season!

He certainly has the ability between his ears.  And it certainly maybe very fortunate he has spent time with Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes.  They are all fans of Josh's game and certainly appear to accept Josh as a peer.  I've never really did much golfing myself, but I'd expect he may be learning dome patience from it.  I'd expect it's sometimes better on a course to maybe go for placement over distance and methodically get to the pin instead of powering smack into a trap or hitting some trees or other obstacle in the path.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, DCofNC said:

McD is going to have to let rookies play if we are winning that many.   If you subtract Kindcaid and O’Torrence, the offense didn’t gain a lot.  Hopefully, the D will be better, but pass rush and MLB are a major concern/unknown.  Dorsey is also going to have to evolve.  There’s a lot of factors at play.  If the rookies are hits, the team looks pretty good.  If even 1 of the first 3 rounds struggles and doesn’t win a major role, I have sincere concerns this team could finish 3rd in the division and out of the playoffs.  

How u gonna subtract both the 1st & 2nd picks ? The draft is the way you address your weaknesses. Beane added some great pick ups in FA as well. Some on this board really took that Cinci loss badly. This is still a premier team and there is absolutely no way in hell they finish 3rd in the division, that’s pretty ridiculous. Buffalo is the class of the AFCE until the Jets or Miami takes the division (which they both haven’t in well over a decade.) Winning Free agency doesn’t = winning games. 

57 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Players should say they’re doing everything they can to help their team win the SB.

My issue is more with the fans whose insecurities are on full display every time a top team or player topic comes up. 

I never have any issues with other fans takes.  I may wonder how they arrived at their position but I'm OK with them holding different views.  Opinions are never right or wrong they are just a personal judgement based on a person's experiences with whatever the opinion is about.  Everyone is entitled to think what they wish  and an opinion is just that a thought about a specific thing there never will be a wrong opinionabout anything really in my opinion because there's too many differences between any 2 people.  Not often 2 says have  carbon copies of life experiences.  And when some do  have similar experiences each have differences in life as to how they view the experience.  

I have always loved Friday 13 and view it as a very lucky positive day.  As a child had an aunt only 10 years older that had been hit by a drunk driver that did damage her car but she was fine on a Friday 13.  Another fri 13 an elderly man who was very neighborly to kids in area and this was a farm area so fair distances between houses.  He had been robbed and tied up in his basement.  It was just a few days later he was found in not best statec but in time that no permanent damage occurred.  I don't know if he had much contact with family or friends his age as he likely outlived a large number of his friends by then he was ìn his 80"s.   Since he recovered nonce they found him in his basement  I considered that lucky it was Fri 13.   No we another person may take the approach Fri 13  is unlucky because both those incidents are not things you want to occur.  I look at the positive of nothing important was lost.  Health in both cases did not take a downward spiral, any items damaged or stolen were replaced valuewise by insurance.  I can see considering both  it being unlucky and lucky at the same time.  Neither opinion is right or wrong.  It just a sitter of what is more important to the opinion holder. 

I don't need the team to win the SB to think the Bills are one of the best teams in the NFL, but best  is just an opinion unless you are being very specific in parameters you are rating.  Like the best scoring offense last year was....   Whatever team had the most points scored is the winner.  Now because the outlier of cinci Bills game never being played to complete that game, you could use a pts/gm to equalize for cincy buff to save them correctly based on known results.  No one can say what the final score would have been if the game had been played.

4 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

Agree unfortunately some Buffalo fans regardless of the sport don’t understand that simple concept of sports if the Buffalo Bills/Sabres whatever the sports team were the final playoff team or the number one playoff team you have to be in the playoffs to win it. Just that simple phase you have to be in the playoffs to win it sounds reasonable. Yet it’s difficult for some of the fool Buffalo sports fans that embrace tanking and rebuilding, suffering forever you show me that you show me a loser fan.

I don’t believe that mentality has any where in the sports world. Fool Buffalo Sabres fans while the Boston Bruins lost to Florida Panthers. Yet we have some Buffalo Sabres fans and it’s not just Buffalo fans you see this through out sports with fan bases that don’t want to make the playoffs this year for the stupid draft pick because in there alternate reality sports world they felt the Buffalo Sabres or fill in the blank

city sports team had no chance in the first round better to take the higher draft pick loser mentality. Then that same fan is shocked no one any good in free agency wants to play for the Buffalo Sabres or the Houston Texans? While the Houston Astros won another World Series Championship and free agents want to place with the Houston Astros. I use as a example same city? Ok it’s the ownership and the organization it has nothing to do with the city’s sports fans of Houston just that Bob McNair of the Houston Texans is a horrible owner. Why is one shocked that no good free agents want to play for the Houston Texans. Athletes are programmed to win games and championships not throwing away seasons tanking, excuse making wasting everyone’s and the players time in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You make unfounded statements here. No one here has said don't make the playoffs. Come on get real. 

Tanking sometimes makes sense if your on the bottom and looking for the premiere draft choice like a franchise QB. Obviously, that's not the Bills situation. 

Stop calling out people on here that haven't even remotely said what you are saying. Frankly, you are insulting the people on here. 

No apology needed just think before you rant. 

I think our offense will be significantly improved (Dorsey in year 2 + Kincaid + new IOL+ better depth WRs) and our defense will be worse than we started out last year, but much better than how we ended.  We WILL miss 49.  I don’t think we’ll miss him enough to lose the SB because of it. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You make unfounded statements here. No one here has said don't make the playoffs. Come on get real. 

Tanking sometimes makes sense if your on the bottom and looking for the premiere draft choice like a franchise QB. Obviously, that's not the Bills situation. 

Stop calling out people on here that haven't even remotely said what you are saying. Frankly, you are insulting the people on here. 

That’s some good advice.  You should follow suit 🤣 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Oh, some of what you say is valid.  

Allen being healthy just is what it is.  Maybe he gets hurt and actually misses time next year, but as a contender, you have to hope that your QB doesn’t suffer an injury like a UCL tear in your throwing elbow halfway through the season.   If we’re being honest, Allen probably should’ve missed time last year. 

I agree if the injury was limiting the playcalling to the extent it appears it did they could have put in Keenum and especially if resting the injury would have allowed Josh to get over the injury faster.  Hard to know how long it would have taken to regain full pass repetoire. I once had what must have been a torn rotator cuff on my right throwing shoulder.  I still played softball despite the pain I had on dome throws.  I played 1sr base so I didn't have the smount of throws I'd have needed to make if I was at shortstop as I had played that position as well in my softball  endeavors thru the years and multiple leagues.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

With Von, again, it is what it is.  Just have to hope he doesn’t have a season ending injury.  As does KC with Chris Jones. 

Good points about Saffold and Bates … although Bates is fine, and should be better in Year 2 Kromer (which again, projection, but is a “thing” as mentioned by many players under Kromer). 

Oliver was a disappointment.  Most of us did think he’d breakout last year. 

I don’t think the majority of the fanbase was expecting White to be lockdown.  In fact, many people worried White would never be the same .. which was a huge talking point in needing a RD1 corner.    

Brown was a worry that came to fruition.  Injured all off-season and many worried he’d be a liability. 

So, while, we had high hopes .. not everything you allude to was discussed in rainbows and butterflies. 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Chris Brown just said on WGR, not to expect O'Torrence to start.

I don't know if he knows something because he works for the Bills, or if he is just guessing. 

And thats how it should be.  I want every player who is starting in any game for the Bills to be starting because they earned it by their play not because we have no other option.  If his game translates against pros he will start when he has proven he's earned it.  

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

He certainly has the ability between his ears.  And it certainly maybe very fortunate he has spent time with Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes.  They are all fans of Josh's game and certainly appear to accept Josh as a peer.  I've never really did much golfing myself, but I'd expect he may be learning dome patience from it.  I'd expect it's sometimes better on a course to maybe go for placement over distance and methodically get to the pin instead of powering smack into a trap or hitting some trees or other obstacle in the path.

He has for sure! It’s good to see Allen friends with the elite qb’s in the league. I’ve played golf for 20yrs+ and still struggle patience on the course. Haha 

30 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No tanking has no place in sports we can agree to disagree you are one of the very Buffalo fans I am talking about. If what I posted is insulting it’s most likely your conscience you know tanking is wrong and you want everyone to say it’s ok it’s not ok. If you’re bothered by my post or any Buffalo fan is bothered by my post on tanking easy solution just don’t read my posts seems pretty simple to me in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

First, Buffalo will not get SB hype this year. I am betting a bunch of talking heads favorite AFV East team is now the Jets w Rogers. I think that be good for the Bills as there be less pressure on them to do well.  I see them doing well and advancing to the afc championship game. 

4 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

No tanking has no place in sports we can agree to disagree you are one of the very Buffalo fans I am talking about. If what I posted is insulting it’s most likely your conscience you know tanking is wrong and you want everyone to say it’s ok it’s not ok. If you’re bothered by my post or any Buffalo fan is bothered by my post on tanking easy solution just don’t read my posts seems pretty simple to me in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Not insulted at all. Your accusations are unwarranted. That was my point but you refuse to see it. 

Have a great day.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s some good advice.  You should follow suit 🤣 

No doubt I could use some of that too. 

3 hours ago, balln said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37424110/sources-bucks-fire-coach-mike-budenholzer-early-exit

dude won a championship. And one year later fired. McD should be fired if no big injuries and bills don’t make it to Super Bowl

I don't disagree so long as they have a legitimate offensive minded coach in mind. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

How u gonna subtract both the 1st & 2nd picks ? The draft is the way you address your weaknesses. Beane added some great pick ups in FA as well. Some on this board really took that Cinci loss badly. This is still a premier team and there is absolutely no way in hell they finish 3rd in the division, that’s pretty ridiculous. Buffalo is the class of the AFCE until the Jets or Miami takes the division (which they both haven’t in well over a decade.) Winning Free agency doesn’t = winning games. 

If the rookies don’t play bc McD won’t let them, you aren’t getting anything.

I don't know because I knew our OL was going to be a problem last year. I certainly don't see us as SB favorites now unless a few more pieces fall into place. This team is still good, but I suspect we'll take a step back in 2023.

• Agree 1

I agree, Buffalo is not likely to get as much hype, before the season at least.  There will probably be those who pick the Jets to win the AFC East with Aaron Rodgers as QB and some old pal receivers signed as free agents.  The Jets could be much tougher this season.  Buffalo may be gaining the image around the league of a team that is good in the regular season but lacks the toughness to go all the way in the playoffs.  The onus is on the Bills to prove differently.

14 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

Come brother your optimism is a bit over the top. I'll just keep it at that. 

• Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

This is one way to look at it. You could be absolutely correct. However, it appears that KC and Cinci are better than the Bills. They too have made improvements along with the Jets and other teams. 

The Bills are no doubt a top tier team. Allen is simple that good. With a little help and support they make the playoffs. 

The real question is are they good enough to win it all? That is the goal no? Thus far, they have come up short year after year. Various reasons why which have been amply stated. 

A new start to the season brings new hope. As time passes does that hope become reality or another bitter disappointment? 

That is the goal, absolutely. But it isn't that or bitter disappointment. If you are only in sport for the winning a lifetime of disappointment awaits. It's the climb. You have to enjoy these years of the Bills being in contention year after year. Not count them down worrying about then they will run out. Sport fandom is supposed to be fun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.