The NFL’s target date to release the 2023 schedule - MAY 11

BillsFan619

• BillsFan619 changed the title to The NFL’s target date to release the 2023 schedule

I LOVE schedule release day (errr....time of year when schedule is leaked)  

It's a bills board and I'm not going to bother everyone with my Chiefs schedule prediction that I do every year once the home and away teams are known at the end of the regular season......but I predicted Bills @ KC week 4 Sunday Night Football fwiw.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

It's a bills board and I'm not going to bother everyone with my Chiefs schedule prediction that I do every year once the home and away teams are known at the end of the regular season......but I predicted Bills @ KC week 4 Sunday Night Football fwiw.

I'll say this...I'm interested to see who they open up the season against on Thursday. 4 reallllly solid options.

Buffalo- We opened on the road last year. Not sure they will put us there 2 years in a row

Cincinnati- AFCCG rematch seems like a solid choice.

Miami- The return of Tyreek 

Philadelphia-SB Rematch

On a side note...gee how fortunate that the Chiefs get these 4 tough matchups...all at home while Buffalo plays all of the same teams on the road (sans splitting with Miami, of course).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

My prediction for the opening game is Pats at Bills on Sunday 9/10 with a 1:00 start. Since it will most likely be hot out, I predict the Bills will be wearing their all-white uniforms with the Pats in their blue jerseys. That is my week 1 prediction for both the opponent and uniform.

• Like (+1) 1

2023 NFL schedule release set for May: Here's the target date and five things we know about the slate of games - CBSSports.com

Although the NFL hasn't announced the official date for the schedule release yet, it appears that the league does have a certain date in mind. According to ESPN.com, the NFL is targeting Thursday, May 11. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to The NFL’s target date to release the 2023 schedule - MAY 11
13 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

I believe they usually announce the overseas (London in the Bills case) game dates earlier. I would guess those who want tickets will need to be paying attention. 

Well we know it can’t be too much earlier since the entire schedule comes out in 10 days. I was hoping they’d announce the international games either today or tomorrow. 

22 hours ago, corta765 said:

I'll have a schedule preview like I do every year with NFL updates and Bills info.

I would prep though for max primetime games (6) and a game set to be flexed.

Cool.

How far in advance of the schedule release do you usually do that?

Thanks for doing that, bro.

On 5/1/2023 at 1:50 AM, Zerovoltz said:

Wait were in KC again for the 27th straight year 🤦🏻‍♂️

These are two rumors posted regarding the schedule, one from a German newspaper and the other from Joey Porter, Jr.:

Chicago vs. Kansas City in Germany (Allianz Arena, Munich) - Week 10 - November 12

New Orleans vs. New England in Germany (Allianz Arena, Munich) - Week 11 - November 19

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh - Week 4

1. German newspaper:

https://www.bild.de/sport/american-football/nfl/nfl-irre-summe-was-das-deutsche-nfl-spiel-an-kohle-gebracht-hat-83782100.bild.html

[one free article allowed]

[in German:]

"This year, two NFL games will take place in Germany, this time in Frankfurt. As BILD had already reported in February, the Kansas City Chiefs will play the Chicago Bears and the New England Patriots will play the New Orleans Saints. The dates are scheduled for 12 and 19 November. The official schedule will be presented in the coming days."

2. Comment by Joy Porter, Jr. on post in Jacksonville Jaguars' Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrohkBgAOt-/?hl=en

Comment by Joey Porter, Jr. of Pittsburgh congratulating his college teammate Parker Washington on being picked by Jacksonville:

ig.jpg

Edited by chongli

Another early season matchup would be tiresome.   Hope they position that matchup in December, myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I bet the league puts it in December this time

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Another early season matchup would be tiresome.   Hope they position that matchup in December, myself.

Except KC has only lost once in December in the last four seasons (at Cincinnati last year). Better to play them early?

9 hours ago, chongli said:

Except KC has only lost once in December in the last four seasons (at Cincinnati last year). Better to play them early?

we beat them twice early-mid season and it still didnt matter for the 1 seed. Would rather seem them later on

unless we get them for the opener but that seems unlikely

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

Some advice please from those with more experience with the buying of tickets for NFL games...

I'm hoping to go to the London game this year, but I'm unsure how long after the schedule release tickets for individual games go on sale.  What's the advice with that?

I have pre registered for the London game but would like to know when I will need to be glued to the laptop to try and buy.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Some advice please from those with more experience with the buying of tickets for NFL games...

I'm hoping to go to the London game this year, but I'm unsure how long after the schedule release tickets for individual games go on sale.  What's the advice with that?

I have pre registered for the London game but would like to know when I will need to be glued to the laptop to try and buy.

Thanks in advance.

Hey NI,

If you've done the pre-registering via the NFLUK/Ticketmaster channels I suspect you'll be getting an email with details of dates prices of ticket sales very soon. I'm hoping something in the next few days as details of the international games tends to be officially known before the general NFL schedule release which looks set for 11 may.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Hey NI,

If you've done the pre-registering via the NFLUK/Ticketmaster channels I suspect you'll be getting an email with details of dates prices of ticket sales very soon. I'm hoping something in the next few days as details of the international games tends to be officially known before the general NFL schedule release which looks set for 11 may.

Thanks for that.  Hopefully see you there!  It would be amazing to get tickets but I'm assuming it will be a challenge with so much demand.   I have a couple of Packers supporting friends based here in Northern Ireland who were delighted to hear last their that their Packers were playing in London, but they missed out on tickets unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Thanks for that.  Hopefully see you there!  It would be amazing to get tickets but I'm assuming it will be a challenge with so much demand.   I have a couple of Packers supporting friends based here in Northern Ireland who were delighted to hear last their that their Packers were playing in London, but they missed out on tickets unfortunately.

Yeah, it looked a nightmare to get tickets for that last year with it being Packers first time over. The games at Spurs are a tough get in comparison to Wembley due to the lower capacity as well. 

There's always a way in though. Even if you don't get a ticket in the initial sale. A few years ago we picked the Tampa v Carolina game as the one we wanted to that season and didn't get tickets in the initial sale. However, more came available later down the line due to returns of tickets offered to fans in mainland Europe that went unsold. 

I've just followed an account on Twitter called @nfuk_tickets which helps people needing tickets get them. 

Let me know how you get on in the initial sale. If you're unsuccessful I'll do what I can to find you a ticket. Chances are we'll be in the same boat! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BritBill said:

Yeah, it looked a nightmare to get tickets for that last year with it being Packers first time over. The games at Spurs are a tough get in comparison to Wembley due to the lower capacity as well. 

There's always a way in though. Even if you don't get a ticket in the initial sale. A few years ago we picked the Tampa v Carolina game as the one we wanted to that season and didn't get tickets in the initial sale. However, more came available later down the line due to returns of tickets offered to fans in mainland Europe that went unsold. 

I've just followed an account on Twitter called @nfuk_tickets which helps people needing tickets get them. 

Let me know how you get on in the initial sale. If you're unsuccessful I'll do what I can to find you a ticket. Chances are we'll be in the same boat! 

Much appreciated sir, very kind of you.  I'll follow that account and keep up to date.

I think if I missed out on tickets I'd head over to London anyway for the weekend just to meet a load of Bills fans and soak up the atmosphere.   Then watch the game in a bar somewhere.

Edited by NI Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

SOURCE: Jets Slated for Monday Night Football Opener (msn.com)

Can't post the article but it says the Jets and Giants will play week 1 (9/11) on MNF. The article also says that one of the Bills vs Jets games will also be on primetime.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:50 PM, Zerovoltz said:

CBS fought to keep that game last year, you don't think they'll be able to this time?

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

CBS fought to keep that game last year, you don't think they'll be able to this time?

I think the NFL will keep rotating that game between night and 4pm. My guess is MNF gets it as they have yet to have Bills Chiefs and either CBS/Fox gets Bills Bengals at 4:35 or it goes SNF.

53 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Predicting the Jets vs. Patriots as the SNF opener I may vomit.

The patriots have no business to be on prime time games. Their 1960s football style is terribly boring to watch. No idea why anyone would want to subject themselves to watch that grotesque franchise 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Predicting the Jets vs. Patriots as the SNF opener I may vomit.

That would be 100% because of viewers and not game quality. The Patriots are now in that category like Dallas where the name drives their schedule not the quality of roster or record in prior years. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

SOURCE: Jets Slated for Monday Night Football Opener (msn.com)

Can't post the article but it says the Jets and Giants will play week 1 (9/11) on MNF. The article also says that one of the Bills vs Jets games will also be on primetime.

This was on SI today: https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/source-jets-slated-for-monday-night-football-opener#:~:text=With speculation suggesting as much,2023 National Football League schedule.

Thursday release confirmed.

2023 NFL Schedule powered by AWS to be released on Thursday, May 11

Ahead of the release of the full 2023 NFL regular season schedule on Thursday, the following games will be announced:

International Games -- Wednesday on NFL Network and ESPN

Black Friday Game -- Wednesday via Amazon

Select individual games -- Wednesday on Fox & Friends and CBS Mornings

Select individual games -- Thursday on Today Show and Good Morning America

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Anyone have any insight on when individual game tickets will go on sale? Live in Atlanta and try to attend at least one home game a year.

Thanks-

Got this in an email today...

The 2023 NFL Schedule will be released Thursday, May 11 at 8:00 PM. A limited number of single game tickets will be available at the time the schedule is released. Single game ticket inventory will be extremely limited this year due to our high renewal rate and increase in overall Season Ticket Members. Due to this overwhelming support and growth in our Season Ticket Member Family, we will not have enough single game tickets to offer a separate Member presale. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2023 at 7:54 AM, Gregg said:

My prediction for the opening game is Pats at Bills on Sunday 9/10 with a 1:00 start. Since it will most likely be hot out, I predict the Bills will be wearing their all-white uniforms with the Pats in their blue jerseys. That is my week 1 prediction for both the opponent and uniform.

I hate opening a season against a division opponent. It shouldn't ever happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.