Analyzing 10 years of first round TE production

FireChans

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

They were talking about it on WGR. Unless he's the best TE in the history of the Buffalo Bills then this pick will be a bust. The Bills haven't had much production from the TE position at all throughout their history. Who is their best TE ever? Now look up his stats and you won't be very impressed. TE is not a position you need to spend a #1 on

He's not a traditional TE and isn't going to be used like one in this offense. Comparing him to past Bills TE's who were traditional TE's doesn't really make sense here.

22 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Wait so it's not a good idea to trade up for a TE (especially when you already have one that you don't use)? That can't be right. Beane can do no wrong

Failure to properly use offensive assets would not fall on the GM. It’s probably be the fault of the OC unless the QB could not execute the scheme (which isn’t the case here). It remains to be seen how it all plays out, but I don’t think there is much to change. We will see a lot more 12 personnel but Kincaid will effectively be the slot WR in our 11 personnel package. My expectations for him is to perform like a good slot WR. I have loftier expectations for TDs than yards because I think we see a lot of 12 personnel in the RZ. 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Wait so it's not a good idea to trade up for a TE (especially when you already have one that you don't use)? That can't be right. Beane can do no wrong

Or people like you don't understand football well enough to even make the argument worthwhile because you clearly demonstrate it with comments like you just made.

One or the other 

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Failure to properly use offensive assets would not fall on the GM. It’s probably be the fault of the OC unless the QB could not execute the scheme (which isn’t the case here). It remains to be seen how it all plays out, but I don’t think there is much to change. We will see a lot more 12 personnel but Kincaid will effectively be the slot WR in our 11 personnel package. My expectations for him is to perform like a good slot WR. I have loftier expectations for TDs than yards because I think we see a lot of 12 personnel in the RZ. 

Yeah exactly. People even talking about him as a TE in the traditional sense are completely off-base. He is a pass catching weapon that will be moved around the formation like a chess piece to help dictate mismatches.

Basically no matter what the defense does now it's going to be wrong. That's why he is important.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah exactly. People even talking about him as a TE in the traditional sense are completely off-base. He is a pass catching weapon that will be moved around the formation like a chess piece to help dictate mismatches.

Basically no matter what the defense does now it's going to be wrong. That's why he is important.

I think he has a lot of value as a Z but I would pump the brakes on the “moveable chess piece” stuff for the moment. I think that could be the long term plan/hope for him though.

The issue is that his blocking has been pretty abysmal up until now. No exaggeration: As good as he is at route running and pass catching is how poor his is at blocking. Defenses will just match up our 12 personnel with a standard Nickel or a Big Nickel package.

If he can improve his blocking then he can be moved around and put at F or Y as well as Z. Then defenses will have to make some tougher choices - especially later in the season and in the playoffs when injuries take away some personnel options. Things like this are why things like having a quality third (and even fourth) safety is so important. 

Edited by BarleyNY

And this is relevant how, exactly? Because one TE selected in the 1st round of one draft has absolutely NOTHING to do with any other TE selected in the first round of another draft. As if their relative success has nothing to do with the teams that selected them. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I think he has a lot of value as a Z but I would pump the brakes on the “moveable chess piece” stuff for the moment. I think that could be the long term plan/hope for him though.

The issue is that his blocking has been pretty abysmal up until now. No exaggeration: As good as he is at route running and pass catching is how poor his is at blocking. Defenses will just match up our 12 personnel with a standard Nickel or a Big Nickel package.

If he can improve his blocking then he can be moved around and put at F or Y as well as Z. Then defenses will have to make some tougher choices - especially later in the season and in the playoffs when injuries take away some personnel options. Things like this are why things like having a quality third (and even fourth) safety is so important. 

The Bills don't plan on using him as a blocker, but he can chip and be a receiving target out a variety of formations and line up in different places to help force coverage mismatches. 

IMO, if Kincaid is as good as they say he is as a receiver, he will simply box out smaller CBs and safeties and run away from LBs. His basketball skills should help quite a bit in terms of body positioning on those type of plays.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2023 at 1:09 PM, FireChans said:

With Kincaid as OUR first round TE, I thought it would be useful to draw a historic comparison with the production that other first round TE's have made their rookie seasons.

Kyle Pitts - 68 rec 1026 yards 1 TD

TJ Hockenson - 32 rec 367 yards 2 TD

Noah Fant 40 rec 562 yards 3 TD

Hayden Hurst 13 rec 163 yards 1 TD

OJ Howard 26 rec 432 yards 6 TD

Evan Engram 64 rec 722 yards 6 TD

David Njoku 32 rec 386 yards 4 TD

Eric Ebron 25 rec 248 yards 1 TD

Tyler Eifert 39 rec 445 yards 2 TD

At first glance, woof. Obviously the 2 notable productive TE's, Engram and Pitts stand out.  But both were heavily targeted, 115 for Engram and 110 for Pitts. When looking at the Bills offense, Knox (who will likely remain TE1) has averaged ~57 targets per year.  Assuming Diggs/Davis/Knox are receiving the lion's share of targets again (which they should be), what do you all think is a reasonable expectation for the rookie next year?

I would be pleasantly surprised with a 40 catch 400 yard couple TD season.  I am expecting closer to 30-300.

Obviously rooting for him to be Travis Kelce/Mark Andrews/George Kittle born again as a rookie. But the history of the position doesn't support that being the case.

They discussed your thread on the NYup SHOUT Bills podcast almost exactly 30 minutes in. 

They said your argument doesn’t work in this case.

With Kincaid as OUR first round TE, I thought it would be useful to draw a historic comparison with the production that other first round TE's have made their rookie seasons.

At first glance, woof. Obviously the 2 notable productive TE's, Engram and Pitts stand out.  But both were heavily targeted, 115 for Engram and 110 for Pitts. When looking at the Bills offense, Knox (who will likely remain TE1) has averaged ~57 targets per year.  Assuming Diggs/Davis/Knox are receiving the lion's share of targets again (which they should be), what do you all think is a reasonable expectation for the rookie next year?

I would be pleasantly surprised with a 40 catch 400 yard couple TD season.  I am expecting closer to 30-300.

Obviously rooting for him to be Travis Kelce/Mark Andrews/George Kittle born again as a rookie. But the history of the position doesn't support that being the case.

Knox first year he got 28 rec. for 388 yards

Last year 48 for 517 yards

Ebron only played 13 games

Oj Howard plays on the line a lot more than slot.

To many inconsistenc1ies on your list. For example..

Hockenson only started 12 games first year

I don't think you get it...

#1, the numbers on other teams does not matter because who did some of them have throwing the rock?

#2, Kincaid will be out there weather Knox lines up or not.. Saying they share targets is silly considering Kincaid spent 2/3rds of the time or more in the slot.. per pff.

600 yards easy

The GM even said the 2 of them should "pair up nicely."  If anyone gets the rock less its Knox and Davis.

If this dude gets 40 catches? He does not stop at the point of catching a ball.. he will have 100 or more yards added to it.

Unlike knox.. this is a more trusted receiver that i could see easily pulling 600 yards this season.

This is a different beast that will command JA attention, Unlike Davis, Knox, or Shakir

44 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Knox first year he got 28 rec. for 388 yards

Last year 48 for 517 yards

Ebron only played 13 games

Oj Howard plays on the line a lot more than slot.

To many inconsistenc1ies on your list. For example..

Hockenson only started 12 games first year

I don't think you get it...

#1, the numbers on other teams does not matter because who did some of them have throwing the rock?

#2, Kincaid will be out there weather Knox lines up or not.. Saying they share targets is silly considering Kincaid spent 2/3rds of the time or more in the slot.. per pff.

600 yards easy

The GM even said the 2 of them should "pair up nicely."  If anyone gets the rock less its Knox and Davis.

If this dude gets 40 catches? He does not stop at the point of catching a ball.. he will have 100 or more yards added to it.

Unlike knox.. this is a more trusted receiver that i could see easily pulling 600 yards this season.

This is a different beast that will command JA attention, Unlike Davis, Knox, or Shakir

Okay.

I would wager the rookie has the least amount of yards behind Diggs/Davis/Knox.  But maybe not!

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

They discussed your thread on the NYup SHOUT Bills podcast almost exactly 30 minutes in. 

They said your argument doesn’t work in this case.

They didn't even shout me out personally!  Hacks.

What they also forget is that a lot of those guys were drafted as TE1.  Our guy is going to be TE2 on the depth chart.

Pitts had 110 targets as a rookie. Kincaid ain't breaking 60.

Edited by FireChans
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

And this is relevant how, exactly? Because one TE selected in the 1st round of one draft has absolutely NOTHING to do with any other TE selected in the first round of another draft. As if their relative success has nothing to do with the teams that selected them. 

Relevant in that historically, first round rookie TE's have not set the world on fire?

Now, some people argue that Kincaid is a better prospect that everyone else on that list and that's why he'll be different. That's cool too!

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Pitts had 110 targets as a rookie. Kincaid ain't breaking 60.

He will be in the Beasley role and catches everything so not sure why you think he won’t surpass 3-4 catches a game. It’s like your judging him like he’s a typical TE.

7 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He will be in the Beasley role and catches everything so not sure why you think he won’t surpass 3-4 catches a game. It’s like you’re judging him like he’s a typical TE.

What I don’t think makes sense is to judge him against the production that an 8 year vet WR put up.

Isaiah McKenzie was used in the Beasley role last year. He only saw 65 targets, despite Crowder going down for the year, and our other rookie slot WR barely playing.

It took Cole Beasley himself 4 years in the league to see greater than 60 targets.

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm expecting Kincaid to out-target Knox. Maybe not out snap Knox though. My guess would be each with about 40-50 receptions. If we are to believe that we will use Kincaid as our primary slot receiver I would expect him to out-target and out catch Knox quite easily. 

Good reasoning.  One thing that could be a side effect to Kincaid is Knox gets lost in the mix and performs well too.  

Generally speaking about all these catches and yards debate is the best that could come from this is a wide dispersion of players all catching

a good number of throws from Josh.  That's what I'm looking for.  I know in the world of fantasy football that is not what a lot of fans

want............but I could care less.  It's the team's success that matters.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Relevant in that historically, first round rookie TE's have not set the world on fire?

Now, some people argue that Kincaid is a better prospect that everyone else on that list and that's why he'll be different. That's cool too!

Sorry, but I can’t agree with this at all. There is simply zero relevance, historical or otherwise. The entire context of each TE drafted and their individual team situations must be considered. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Sorry, but I can’t agree with this at all. There is simply zero relevance, historical or otherwise. The entire context of each TE drafted and their individual team situations must be considered. 

That’s what we’ve been considering for 7 pages lol

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What I don’t think makes sense is to judge him against the production that an 8 year vet WR put up.

Isaiah McKenzie was used in the Beasley role last year. He only saw 65 targets, despite Crowder going down for the year, and our other rookie slot WR barely playing.

It took Cole Beasley himself 4 years in the league to see greater than 60 targets.

1) You've shifted arguments. Are you now accepting or at least showing minimal cognizance that Kincaid is not Knox's backup or a typical TE2? He is a big slot or flex TE which is different.

2) McKenzie was a gadget guy and good against man. He wasn't great against zone because he couldn't find the soft spot. Beasley was excellent at the latter, so they are not the same kind of slot. It's likely with his physical advantage, truly superior catch skills, and feel for finding open areas that Kincaid will supersede either of the players you mentioned. 

3) Kincaid is not only adept at the chain moving plays that Beasley was great at, he can stretch the field and make the big plays Josh prizes. With his reliability as a pass catcher, I suspect he will quickly become a favorite and thus accrue many more targets than you surmise.

39 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Those are two undrafted/late round pick guys. I was comparing opportunity potential and not talent level. McKenzie would have gotten many more targets if he produced better.

I peg Kincaid to get around 80 targets his rookie year. 

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Those are two undrafted/late round pick guys. I was comparing opportunity potential and not talent level. McKenzie would have gotten many more targets if he produced better.

I peg Kincaid to get around 80 targets his rookie year. 

I will hammer the under.

That would have been the third most on the 2022 Bills.

Every time this kid is on the field, he will be running a route on passing plays.  Knox doesn't do that, staying in to block often. Last year that became more and more of a priority as the OL regressed. Kincaid will be targeted more than Knox for that reason alone. People keep blaming the OC for Knox's lack of production. Sometimes you just have to protect the QB. Having a second TE that can catch will open up the playbook.

Add in that he is a move TE that can go in motion presnap and can bump someone in open space while running his route, I believe he can be utilized as a major contributor on offense. He was also used as a blocker on running plays, moving to the edges to take out a smaller defender. His skillset is very different from Knox. I  believe they attempted to use Knox in motion, but he seemed a bit awkward in that role. Knox is a good all around TE, but Kincaid has the potential to be a major target on every passing down.

The offense is about to become much more physical. Bigger receiving targets, better OL play and more physical RB. The whole dynamic of this offense just screams domination....well on paper at least. Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

That’s what we’ve been considering for 7 pages lol

I haven’t bothered to read all seven pages, only the two posts of yours that I’ve responded to. Your OP points out the lack success past 1st round TEs have had, which is fine. But then you seem to want to use that to somehow shade the selection of Kincaid, when it’s simply not relevant in the least. The Bills/Kincaid situation is unique, as were the situations of every other TE selected in the first round. 

I’ll leave you to continue the debate with others, but I have nothing more to say on this particular aspect discussion. 

On 4/29/2023 at 10:09 AM, FireChans said:

Wth is this? Killing my euphoria just when I’m just turning the corner on last season. 😂 

We aren't going to use him like a normal TE so im expecting more production from him than tradition supports.

On 4/30/2023 at 11:01 AM, Bob in STL said:

Nothing in this “analysis” means much since every player was on a different team, with a different QB, in a different scheme, with a different role, playing a different schedule. 

I am not saying he will catch 30 or 50 or 70 until we see how they actually use him.  I expected more from Knox but his targets are not there.  Kincaid will likely not be used as a traditional TE and we could see him as WR3 quite often.  

boom

i expect kincaid to start off slow......by the end of the season/playoffs he will be getting the 2nd most targets only behind diggs.

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

How many of those draft picks went to high functioning offenses with top 5 qbs?  

It'll definitely be interesting to see how they use him given that they just gave Knox the 6th biggest contract on the team.  

Over the past three seasons here are the number of catches for our TEs: 

2022:  57 

2021:  58 

2020:  40  

Last season our top 7 WRs & TEs (non-RB receivers) caught 270 passes.  Four of them caught 246 of those.  

Add 30 for 300, with Diggs getting say 120 of those, how would the other 180 receptions be distributed?  That's an average of 30 for the other 6 receivers.  Pretty rhetorical, but it'll be interesting to see who the odd receivers out will be.  

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It'll definitely be interesting to see how they use him given that they just gave Knox the 6th biggest contract on the team.  

Over the past three seasons here are the number of catches for our TEs: 

2022:  57 

2021:  58 

2020:  40  

Last season our top 7 WRs & TEs (non-RB receivers) caught 270 passes.  Four of them caught 246 of those.  

Add 30 for 300, with Diggs getting say 120 of those, how would the other 180 receptions be distributed?  That's an average of 30 for the other 6 receivers.  Pretty rhetorical, but it'll be interesting to see who the odd receivers out will be.  

I understand the utilization question.  I expect Kincaid to get the targets that went to the slot.  I think Knox can have the same production and role he has had.  Maybe a slight uptick if Kincaid is as good as some think.  Beane sees him as filling the Cole Beasley role lost last season.  That is 100 plus targets.  Im not expecting in his rookie year getting that but it will be more than 60 imo.  

14 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I understand the utilization question.  I expect Kincaid to get the targets that went to the slot.  I think Knox can have the same production and role he has had.  Maybe a slight uptick if Kincaid is as good as some think.  Beane sees him as filling the Cole Beasley role lost last season.  That is 100 plus targets.  Im not expecting in his rookie year getting that but it will be more than 60 imo.  

Slot would have been Beasley and McKenzie.  Beasley had 2 targets and 2 catches.  McK had 65 targets and 42 catches.  67 targets 44 catches total.  

I'm assuming, given Kincaid's known lack of speed, that 10 ypr is about right.  So if he takes all of the slot targets/catches he should have around 500 yards.  

So 120 for Diggs, say your 60 for Kincaid, the same 48 (say 50) for Knox, with an increase of 30 completions, that would leave 70 for Davis, Shakir, Hasty, Sherfield, and Shorter.  

Sound about right?  

8 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Slot would have been Beasley and McKenzie.  Beasley had 2 targets and 2 catches.  McK had 65 targets and 42 catches.  67 targets 44 catches total.  

I'm assuming, given Kincaid's known lack of speed, that 10 ypr is about right.  So if he takes all of the slot targets/catches he should have around 500 yards.  

So 120 for Diggs, say your 60 for Kincaid, the same 48 (say 50) for Knox, with an increase of 30 completions, that would leave 70 for Davis, Shakir, Hasty, Sherfield, and Shorter.  

Sound about right?  

Last few years Allen has had 572 646 and 566 attempts.  Im looking at it from a target perspective instead of catches.  Kincaid imo will have better efficacy then Knox and Davis.  Beasley kept the offense on schedule and that is what I expect Kincaid to be.  By seasons end hopefully we are at a point where Kincaid is getting most targets by someone not named Diggs.     

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So, IMO the gold standard for two TE offense in the modern NFL was the NE patriots circa 2010-2012.

Hernandez and Gronk were both rookies in 2010. Pats went 14-2 (this was the year they got upset by Rex Ryan in the playoffs)

Brady 65.9% 3900/36/4 

Welker 86/848/7

Branch 48/706/5 (11 games)

Gronk 42/546/10

Hernandez 45/563/6

They also had a 1000 yard rusher that season in Green-Ellis

In 2011, the offense went nuts. They went 13-3 and lost to the giants in the SB.

Brady 65.6% 5235/39/12

Welker 122/1569/9

Branch 51/702/5

Gronk 90/1327/17

Hernandez 79/910/7

I think the Bills can pull something in between these two seasons off...Welker=Diggs, Branch/Llyod=Davis, Gronk=Knox, Hernandez=Kincaid. Probably a stretch to expect Gronk production out of Knox, especially in 2011. That said, I do think he could catch a lot of touchdowns as the in-line TE and will probably draw some easy matchups when Kincaid is on the field. I think you could argue that the Bills players are better or at least as good at the other spots (Kincaid a projection, obviously).

What derailed the pats were injuries (2012) and crimes (duh)...Bill B has been chasing this setup at various times ever since. 2011 was one of the best offenses I have ever seen. Just filthy.

Edited by Mikey152

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Last few years Allen has had 572 646 and 566 attempts.  Im looking at it from a target perspective instead of catches.  Kincaid imo will have better efficacy then Knox and Davis.  Beasley kept the offense on schedule and that is what I expect Kincaid to be.  By seasons end hopefully we are at a point where Kincaid is getting most targets by someone not named Diggs.  

Wow, but you know that Diggs won't be happy if that's the case.  

List is kinda misleading but I get that it is valid. 

I would say you have to put Kincaid in the category of the similar TE styles. Which I would point to Pitts and engram. Pitts and engram, especially Pitts are WRs with a TE title. And beane has not been shy in saying that's exactly what Kincaid is going to be. A big strong slot. And I think many people are underestimating how much josh liked throwing to Beasley in the slot.

And just like everyone on this forum ive watched every single game of josh has played as a bill and trust in his recievers is a big part of joshs game. You can visually see joshs demeanor change when a reciever drops a ball. And sometimes the hero ball kicks in. 

I'm no where expecting a "kelce lite" but IF he really does see alot of slot time and gains joshs trust... I easily see him in the 800 yard club.

I'd also add almost all the TEs on this list contributed heavily to their team at some point in their careers.

Edited by Norcalbillsfan

On 4/30/2023 at 4:18 AM, KDIGGZ said:

They were talking about it on WGR. Unless he's the best TE in the history of the Buffalo Bills then this pick will be a bust. The Bills haven't had much production from the TE position at all throughout their history. Who is their best TE ever? Now look up his stats and you won't be very impressed. TE is not a position you need to spend a #1 on

Why? This is a very talented football team, and to add an elite pass catcher will be quite useful over the next five year. He is likely to be the best TE in history of the Buffalo Bills as we don't have a big track record, but he doesn't have to be Kelce for this to be a great pick. #27(25) needs to contribute to the team and he will. Have you seen him play? You need to spend #1 picks on very good football players. Obviously very good is more important at QB/Edge/OT/CB in most cases and these positions often go higher.  He has to be good at football, and he has to be better than someone who would have been an obvious pick there.

6 minutes ago, Koufax said:

Why? This is a very talented football team, and to add an elite pass catcher will be quite useful over the next five year. He is likely to be the best TE in history of the Buffalo Bills as we don't have a big track record, but he doesn't have to be Kelce for this to be a great pick. #27(25) needs to contribute to the team and he will. Have you seen him play? You need to spend #1 picks on very good football players. Obviously very good is more important at QB/Edge/OT/CB in most cases and these positions often go higher.  He has to be good at football, and he has to be better than someone who would have been an obvious pick there.

It's a commentary on how little TE's contribute to our offense. If he is only contributing less than 400 yards and 2 TD like what Hockenson did then he won't be on this team long enough for a 2nd contract just like Hockenson. Isaiah McKenzie put up better production than that as a gadget guy. If you are spending a 1st on a pass catcher you expect 800-1000 yards which would make him the best TE we have ever had in our entire history if he had those kinds of numbers

I’m very late to this party, so please forgive me if this has been beaten to death. The difference a guy like Kincaid makes is not just in his receptions, yards and TD’s. They want to be able to dictate to the defense, and his versatility makes everything better, if it goes as planned.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Koufax said:

That fella has an entrenched pre-conceived notion. Don't bother, he's not going to budge. The real answer as I and others have repeatedly pointed out is that Kincaid is a big slot/flex TE. He will be used in unique ways and should not be pigeon holed by the normal expectations associated with a traditional TE. Kincaid brings a rare skill set that allows the offense to keep the defense guessing. He has the same feel for finding the soft spot in zone coverage that Beasely possessed, the capacity to beat man coverage, and superior catch skills. He can be both a chainmover and a fella that can stretch the field. It's a home run pick. He also has Josh Allen at qb who I expect to be fully healed from the injury that affected his short and mid-range accuracy last year. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

That fella has an entrenched pre-conceived notion. Don't bother, he's not going to budge. The real answer as I and others have repeatedly pointed out is that Kincaid is a big slot/flex TE. He will be used in unique ways and should not be pigeon holed by the normal expectations associated with a traditional TE. Kincaid brings a rare skill set that allows the offense to keep the defense guessing. He has the same feel for finding the soft spot in zone coverage that Beasely possessed, the capacity to beat man coverage, and superior catch skills. He can be both a chainmover and a fella that can stretch the field. It's a home run pick. He also has Josh Allen at qb who I expect to be fully healed from the injury that affected his short and mid-range accuracy last year. 

You don’t need Dick Butkus at MLB and Mike Ditka at TE anymore. The game is evolving, better to lead than try to catch up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Governor said:

300 with 3 TDS is realistic. At some point he’ll hit the rookie wall also and we all know what McD does then. I would take the under.

Agreed. People need to temper their expectations based on this reason alone. Although That’s actually a pretty good stat line as a #2 TE and would show Kincaid is getting the most out of his opportunities.

• Agree 1

On 4/29/2023 at 5:28 PM, Chicken Boo said:

A lot of posters in here expecting the world from Kincaid in 2023 are going to be very disappointed.

He will not be featured heavily in his rookie season.  It's not this regime's m.o.

This is some kind of garbage right here.. 

On 4/29/2023 at 5:10 PM, Niagara Dude said:

Not one player that you can turned into a star,  just another reason why Beane was stupid to waste a first and fourth on a position that we already have Knox at.  I don't care what number he had at Utah.  They could have traded down and got an extra 3rd and taken the monster TE from Georgia.  I like all his other picks,  just wished he had picked up a monster size DT.

Did you look at how good their offenses are? Stupid to waste a first and a fourth on this position? Do you not watch the highlights? Do you not watch what the NFL world is saying about this kid? Keep coming to your own dumb conclusions.... 

On 4/29/2023 at 6:23 PM, PBF81 said:

OK  LOL  

I'm sure we could review his "top-10s" in past years and find some interesting things.  

You willing to hitch your cred to his rankings now are ya.  LOL  

You're funny.   At least I leave open the possibility that players can beat the odds.  Apparently everyone that doesn't pencil him in as the next Gronk doesn't know what they're talking about.  ... LMAO  

... here's what he said about Ed Oliver;   He's going to be a nightmare for teams to deal with. 

That was a good one.   I guess he wasn't wrong.  He's a nightmare alright.  LOL  

And according to Jeremiah Epenesa was the "Best Value Pick" in round 2 in 2020.  Boy, he's got a real handle on collegiate talent.  LOL  

Who cares what he said about Ed Oliver... not every player pans out to an elite player.  What Beane says about a player like Oliver is what everyone else was saying.. No one has a crystal ball and knows ahead of time how a player would be when they hit the NFL field. That being said, I am done with the cry baby nay sayers that are so negative about everything. It gets old. 

Its peoples job to build hope for players when they feel that way... how many times have you been wrong about a player? 

What a downer. You must be a "ball" at parties...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.