Day 2 LIVE NFL DRAFT, 7pm

HOUSE

Just now, Chaos said:

Its mainly because statistically those later picks don't amount to much.  There are of course the obvious antecdotes of success from those picks and even a HOF QB who was an UDFA.  But those are exceptions not the rule.  Jones level of production in college to NFL success.  I don't think he could exceed at the level without having a real work ethic. 

Lots of players get through college and then go wild in the NFL. College is a much more controlled environment. I would be hopeful if we took him and would like the positional value but don’t like giving up future picks, especially since we use our fourth rounders to move up in round 1 lol

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Its mainly because statistically those later picks don't amount to much.  There are of course the obvious antecdotes of success from those picks and even a HOF QB who was an UDFA.  But those are exceptions not the rule.  Jones level of production in college to NFL success.  I don't think he could exceed at the level without having a real work ethic. 

Beane has some nice hits on day 3 picks. Taron,  Wyatt Teller, Benford , Gabe, Milano (technically Whaley), Diggs was a 5th, Dane etc etc

The league is flooded with day 3 star players

5 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Beane gets paid to make draft picks I don’t, but is he meant to replace last years third round linebacker? Also he just isn’t that great of a linebacker. Good highlights but down to down he is too small and misses his gaps too often. Imo

My point is this guy really didn't have much more warts than any of the others, especially in size

Just now, daz28 said:

My point is this guy really didn't have much more warts than any of the others, especially in size

Nah I thought Henley and Simpson were significantly better. He was similar to Overshown who is not a third round player either imo

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

They’re draft experts and scout nearly every player. You’ve likely read their scouting reports without even knowing it. 

Experts? Who has certified how well their comments have played out over the years? Are they rated for accuracy or do they just flap their gums every year and not get held accountable for their views?

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Experts? Who has certified how well their comments have played out over the years? Are they rated for accuracy or do they just flap their gums every year and not get held accountable for their views?

You seem to dislike anyone who dares say anything the Bills do is wrong.

Seeing Michael Wilson get drafted a couple picks after we took our yearly 3rd round special teams contributor made me a little nauseous. Love Beane but someone else needs to handle our 3rd round picks from now on. He killed the first 2 rounds so I give him a slight pass but dude go BPA stop listening to McDermott about special teams contributors 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

You seem to dislike anyone who dares say anything the Bills do is wrong.

Nope, you people seem to hunt for anyone who supports your negative view of a player. Anyone can go and find some “Expert” to support their view. I’ve never heard of these people, but if I searched I could easily find another group of unknowns to say just the opposite of them. Just want you to support why you think their opinions hold water as I don’t know who they are and I truly don’t no anything about this player. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.