1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #34

• Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
    • Steve Avila, OG, TCU
    • Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
    • Trenton Simpson, MLB, Clemson
    • Jack Campbell, MLB, Iowa
    • Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2023 at 12:00 AM

That was tough.. yeesh.

I went Bergeron.  Get a guy in here to legitimately challenge Spencer Brown for RT.  

Might be interested in trading back up with packaging our 2nd and 3rd to try and get one of those DT's, if possible (or vice-versa to grab Bergeron)

If we could come out of Day 1/2 with Hopkins, a potential starting caliber RT and one of Bresee/Benton/Smith to replace Oliver... that's a home run draft weekend no matter what we do on Day 3. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LEBills said:

No Anton Harrison? 😭

I just added him.  His ESPN grade was too low for him to make the list initially, but I'll add anyone requested

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Mazi Smith please. I think they're gonna roll with spencer brown 

I think he's going to be good in the NFL

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Harrison then Bergeron.

Great story. Love me some Kurt Vonnegut. Also a great Snapcase song (some love for our local Buffalo boys!)

I voted JMS. I'd put good money on the Bills needing a new starting Center by week 6 of this year. Morse has been running on borrowed time for 2 years already.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Great book. Love me some Kurt Vonnegut.

I voted JMS. I'd put good money on the Bills needing a new starting Center by week 6 of this year. Morse has been running on borrowed time for 2 years already.

Morse is good. Bates, McGovern and Edwards can all play some C.  

meanwhile I’ll put good money on Spencer Brown sucking and us needing a new RT week 1. 😉 

Just now, NewEra said:

meanwhile I’ll put good money on Spencer Brown sucking and us needing a new RT week 1. 😉 

Yep, better have a contingency plan in-place there.  Putting all their faith in Brown would be a huge mistake.

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Gunner, what's your analysis on Calijah Kancey? He's being comped to John Randle

I worry about him being able to be a 3 down player. If we have learnt anything from the Ed Oliver experience it is that size and weight are less the drawbacks than arm length. How many times in 4 years has Ed blown up the protection only for the QB to be able to escape him with good pocket movement because of his relatively short arms? Well Kancey's are an inch shorter. Add to that he is another 8-10lbs lighter than Ed and I think he might be a situational guy only. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I dont want another "fill in" who cant get the snap to Josh as we're shuffling other guys out of position as well.

I want to get Josh his new butt-buddy so they can build the familiarity asap, and have his one bum to touch for the rest of his career.

RT is also a need, yes.

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont want another "fill in" who cant get the snap to Josh as we're shuffling other guys out of position as well.

I want to get Josh his new butt-buddy so they can build the familiarity asap, and have his one bum to touch for the rest of his career.

RT is also a need, yes.

You don’t want a “fill in” @ center….. meanwhile we currently have the 2 worst RTs in the league “filling in” until our FO wakes up and realizes their mistake.  

fill in @ c….. complete proven bums at RT

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You don’t want a “fill in” @ center….. meanwhile we currently have the 2 worst RTs in the league “filling in” until our FO wakes up and realizes their mistake.  

fill in @ c….. complete proven bums at RT

🤦🏻‍♂️

That's right. That is my opinion and the way I'm voting in this completely meaningless exercise.

RT wont matter when we cant even get the ball to Josh. Maybe the new RT will be good at jumping on the fumbled ball rolling around.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm good with any of Hyatt, Bergeron, or Campbell. I ultimately chose Hyatt because even though in this scenario we now have DeAndre Hopkins we could still use a speed guy to really lean into the bombs away aspect of our offense. Anyways we need to prepare for life after Gabe Davis so trading for Hopkins wouldn't stop me from drafting a WR early.

• Like (+1) 2

Bresee or Mazi Smith,

Jalin Hyatt is Marvin Mims a round too early. They’re both #3 vertical receivers, but Mims has shown he can make the contested catch. Neither has much pro variety in their route running tree, so I wouldn’t be upset with Mims later.

Off this list I went with Steve Avila. I would love to have a nice power IOL to add to this OL. Feel like it would bring some nasty that McD is looking for. I get the folks that selected WR, however feels like in this scenario the Bills addressed the spot. Not sure I like any of the DTs at this spot either. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's right. That is my opinion and the way I'm voting in this completely meaningless exercise.

RT wont matter when we cant even get the ball to Josh. Maybe the new RT will be good at jumping on the fumbled ball rolling around.

One play…. A play that wouldn’t have mattered if not for Cam Lewis. 

morse has been a very solid center. Meanwhile brown has been nothing short of terrible his entire career.

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

To me it’s

Hyatt

Campbell or Simpson

Bresee or Mazi Smith

Will McDonald

if you want OL take Avila. He’s the best one up there. Or Tippmann. 

And roll out my favorite player to get Josh killed another season

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Harrison doesn’t belong up there imo. He ain’t it. 

I agree. Considering he is a LT prospect and his NFL comp is Dion Dawkins. Surprised he is getting the  votes he is when we already have DD. Unless you plan on moving DD doesn't make sense to me. 🤔

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

One play…. A play that wouldn’t have mattered if not for Cam Lewis. 

morse has been a very solid center. Meanwhile brown has been nothing short of terrible his entire career.

And roll out my favorite player to get Josh killed another season

I get that. But Anton Harrison/Bergeron are not better than Spencer Brown. It’s not an upgrade. What’s the point?

Just now, LyndonvilleBill said:

I agree. Considering he is a LT prospect and his NFL comp is Dion Dawkins. Surprised he is getting the  votes he is when we already have DD. Unless you plan on moving DD doesn't make sense to me. 🤔

It has more to do with the hate for Spencer Brown than anything about Harrison: 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I get that. But Anton Harrison/Bergeron are not better than Spencer Brown. It’s not an upgrade. What’s the point?

It has more to do with the hate for Spencer Brown than anything about Harrison: 

I agree with most everything that you say…. But I don’t know how anyone could definitively say that they aren’t better….especially in pass protection.  

They may be better.  They may be worse.  That’s not something you know right now. 

one thing we know for sure.  Brown has been terrible+

10 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

His nfl comp is a good starting LT that was given a 2nd contract by the team that drafted him. That’s exactly what you want out of your first pick.  Dawkins was a great pick.   I’d prefer drafting a LT…. And you should too, it’s better value. I feel Dawkins and Harrison would both be better RTs than Drew Bledsoe concrete feet Spencer brown.  Bledsoe should be Browns comp.

1 minute ago, Visent said:

Am I the only one that is worried about the big hole in DL since Oliver left for the Cardinals?

59 or 91.

Bresee and Mazi both have votes.  So no, you’re not the only one worried

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree with most everything that you say…. But I don’t know how anyone could definitively say that they aren’t better….especially in pass protection.  

They may be better.  They may be worse.  That’s not something you know right now. 

one thing we know for sure.  Brown has been terrible+

True it’s a projection. But I think you are dealing with rookie growing pains with both of those guys for likely two years. And I think Bergeron is a guard. Outside of Wright or the other elite tackles in this draft, I don’t think there is a RT who can step in and unseat Brown right now.

I think the more prudent strategy is to coach up a healthy Brown and draft another developmental RT later in the draft to possibly unseat him next year if he doesn’t come through. I disagree with using our first pick to bring in guys who are not upgrades right now. JMO. I don’t see anything in Harrison’s game to feel that he can step in right now. He is SOFT. Brown will give you a fight. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hyatt.  

We traded Oliver in this scenario.  We lost Edmonds.  And Von is an unknown.  

Our defense is going to be average at best.  

Potential dumpster fire if anything happens to Milano and Poyer.  

Going to need to score 30 a game.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Harrison then Bergeron. 

Please don’t vote Mazi Smith over Bresee.  That would be awful.

I dont know enough about either...but if we did trade oliver and added DHop, I think DT would be the call here.  I guess Bresee since he is being mocked in the late 1st in a lot of drats?

Voting for WR Hyatt or Mingo even though we have Hopkins in this version??

Who do you cut? We already have 6 WRs on the 53.

Diggs

Hopkins

Davis

Shakir

Harty - JUST signed

Sherfield - JUST signed

Edited by Yantha

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

True it’s a projection. But I think you are dealing with rookie growing pains with both of those guys for likely two years. And I think Bergeron is a guard. Outside of Wright or the other elite tackles in this draft, I don’t think there is a RT who can step in and unseat Brown right now.

I think the more prudent strategy is to coach up a healthy Brown and draft another developmental RT later in the draft to possibly unseat him next year if he doesn’t come through. I disagree with using our first pick to bring in guys who are not upgrades right now. JMO. I don’t see anything in Harrison’s game to feel that he can step in right now. He is SOFT. Brown will give you a fight. 

I hear ya. 

I’m higher on both harrison and Bergeron that you….. and the lowest in Spencer Brown.  If he didn’t drink a beer on the field during the game, the fan base would’ve had already dumped him imo.  He’s been nothing but terrible. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya. 

I’m higher on both harrison and Bergeron that you….. and the lowest in Spencer Brown.  If he didn’t drink a beer on the field during the game, the fan base would’ve had already dumped him imo.  He’s been nothing but terrible. 

I have Bergeron higher than Harrison.  :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.