Odell Beckham saga over! He signs with…..

DJB

I mean he clearly prioritized money even though its a 1 year prove it deal to try and get a multi-year deal next year.  

He won a SB already though in which he was a key player for that SB run and in the SB up until he got hurt.  So he has his ring...don't blame him for taking the money over say taking much less to play for a contender.  Plus he gets a big role there too.  

When you think about his knee issues, this might be his last big paycheck too, so getting as much as he can makes sense in case his knees don't cooperate with him.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been enjoying all the Ravens drama personally. Allowing Lamar to hold the franchise hostage with his ridiculous contract demands and now grossly overpaying for OBJ is pretty comical. Lamar has left soo much money on the table by not getting a new deal after 3 years, and now he's screwing up the teams ability to reload for the future by holding them hostage in this negotiation. Now they make this desperate overreach for OBJ. The only thing I would find funnier than all of this is if they were to reach and overpay for Zeke. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

unless this helps them keep Lamar, they are not a contender

They were a fluke play away from beating the Bengals in the playoffs ( a team that kicked our butt the next week). If Lamar plays on the tag, and OBJ plays back to old form, they will be better than the team that almost beat the bengals. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I guess I don't know how contracts work. How can you give someone a base salary of 1m+ and incentives of 3m and then give them a 13m+ signing bonus? I thought bonus' had to be a percentage of a contract? How can you give someone a bonus that's like 4 times the amount of the actual contract?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

1 year up to 18 million haha

"up to" is where its important. depends on where the base is for me to feel comfortable with it. if the "up to" includes him winning a SB, starting every postseason game, averaging 75/game or something like that..... than id prefer we pay 18m. guess well have to wait and see, my guess is he gets nowhere near that, and Balt caved because they need to sell tix this year somehow

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

"up to" is where its important. depends on where the base is for me to feel comfortable with it. if the "up to" includes him winning a SB, starting every postseason game, averaging 75/game or something like that..... than id prefer we pay 18m. guess well have to wait and see, my guess is he gets nowhere near that, and Balt caved because they need to sell tix this year somehow

Surprisingly the base is $15 and $3M in incentives. They really PAID him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.