Which would you rather have the Bills draft first, a better #2 TE or a better #2 WR?

Tipster19

3 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I think the better value is in the better #2 TE. It would help solidly the OL while providing help with the passing game. 

If it’s Washington then TE. But I’d still be going WR later in the draft. If you can’t get Washington, might as well hope you get the wr. 

personally I think they may be doing TE. Dorsey did use Winslow and Shockey in Miami. We’ll see 

• Agree 3

Depends who's available at each position.

I'd prefer a WR2. But if there's a run on them and there isn't someone Beane liked and there's someone like Dalton Kincaid or Michael Mayer on the board - I'd be happy with it.

1 hour ago, Taro Nimbus said:

LB

Unless Beane likes Drew Sanders and he's on the board still, the value isn't there at 27 for a MLB. Trade up from 59 for Edmunds replacement, if MLB starts moving before then. Shouldn't cost much in this Draft.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

BPA at either WR or TE....but i hope its TE.

TE  Rankings

#1 - Kelce KC

#2 - Kittle SF

#4 - Goedert Phi

#23 - Knox Buf

notice a trend ?....3 of the final 4 teams who played in Conference Championship games have a Top TE

TE is the biggest/hardest mismatch in coverage

TE is by far the weakest position group on Bills. the only group Beane hasn't added to this offseason.

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I personally think there is going to be a big time run on these TEs starting right around our first pick. May have to go there first if you want the pick of the cream of the crop. If not, a big time trade up in the 2nd might be the only way to land one of the real impact guys. Draft capital we really don't have.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, papazoid said:

BPA at either WR or TE....but i hope its TE.

TE  Rankings

#1 - Kelce KC

#2 - Kittle SF

#4 - Goedert Phi

#23 - Knox Buf

notice a trend ?....3 of the final 4 teams who played in Conference Championship games have a Top TE

TE is the biggest/hardest mismatch in coverage

TE is by far the weakest position group on Bills

Three of the final four teams also had a top five quarterback.  Two years ago, Stafford had Kupp/Beckham while Burrow had Chase/Higgins in the Super Bowl without an elite TE.  There's more than one way to skin a cat.  We made the AFC title game three seasons ago with Diggs and Beasley as our top two options. 

I think we already have a top tier TE in Knox.  We just need to find a way to get him the ball more.  We run a lot of 11 personnel so having Knox and two decent WR's should be enough.  I'd rather draft a WR who would be an upgrade over Davis and eventually take over Diggs's role as the number one.  If the Bills don't feel like there's a WR who can accomplish that at #27 then I'd rather invest in OT, LB, DT, or DE than a tight end.  I wouldn't be opposed to taking a TE in round 2 or 3 though given the depth of this class.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

WR is the more impactful position but the TE talent in this draft is superior to the WR talent. 

I’ve vowed to try to steer clear of discussing positions with the draft. The PLAYERS determine the correct answer, not the positions. It isn’t “TE or WR.” It is “Player X (wr)” or “Player Y (te).”  The “X” and the “Y” determine the correct answer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's always a question of who is available, first of all. Also, I don't think any team drafts someone as a #2, they draft the best players they can, and hope they reach their best potential.

Therefore, I'd go against the grain on this one and say TE if there's a star potential guy there. Those guys are way rarer. If Kelce is an A+ tight end, Dawson Knox is a B+/A- at best. Imagine putting a Kelce or Gronk in his prime on this offense....JA wouldn't even know what an incompletion looks like.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.