Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

53 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

No thanks. No big difference between this guy and McKenzie. McKenzie wasn't used right last year. Good locker room guy. Hopefully this is fake. Beane needs to start stepping up. Good impactful LB's, OT's, and WR's are dropping off the available FA list hourly. Right now, Bills are no better than 3rd place in the AFC East. Hopefully Poyer is retained. Can't lose both TE and GP. No replacements will be as good as those two. Wake up Beane.    

everyone cries we dont invest on offense, our slot sucks etc etc.... we go get a young up and comer 4.3 guy, cost a million to upgrade over mck (whos gone), and people want to cry about defense now lol this place sucks sometimes

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

My biggest concern with this signing is the offense last year essentially ZERO horizontal routes. The shallow cross was almost non-existent. 

Can/will Dorsey properly utilize Deonte?

Buffalo needs to feature a better pass blocking OL to run that sort of passing game.  McGovern looks to be supporting that strategy.  

They were limited last season because for some reason McBeane wanted a mauling OL to run the ball with Josh.  It was poorly aligned...looks like last season (and it's early) taught them they were backa$$wards on offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

They need to get bigger, stronger and tougher. Their AFCE rivals are making real moves, signing junior high school- sized players probably won’t cut it. Replacing Lil Dirty with a Littler Dirty seems counter-productive, seeing he just didn’t work here. What do I know though? 

Im, perhaps wrongly, assuming that the Bills still have a plan for WR2.  

If they do.. Spending an extra 1.5M this year to replace McKenzie with a risk/reward guy who could boom in this offense is the type of move I hope Beane is always willing to make. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

see he made pro bowl as a returner, have to assume thats as punt returner? think he starts? (cant remember if hines was just KR or PR too?)

Yeah; pro bowl as a returner.  I think he’s our starting slot WR and punt returner.   That’s what the contract tells me.  He and Shakir should be competing for snaps in the slot.   I like both players and now think we’re set inside.  Just need an outside guy. to compete with Gabe.  

Harty has the rare speed and explosion that Beane has been drooling over.  Sure, it would’ve been nice if that speed were in a bigger body, but then it costs a lot more.  

Now it’s up to Dorsey to use the speed and get him into space.   I’m more worried about Dorsey than I am paying a midget 5M

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Process said:

He's 5 foot 6 and was undrafted out of college. Has done nothing in his career. Zero reason to be believe there is much potential there. 

$3.7M cap hit is crazy. He seems like a minimum salary type of guy.

Believe in the process, Process 🤙🏼

Go Bills!!

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

And, this guy has demonstrated that? Legit question, I don’t know a thing about him.

Yep. Don’t have a link but WGR was discussing how he had some top 5-20 stats in separation/missed tackles/YAC from 2021. Plus he caught some deep bombs.

Missed last year with turf toe injury which WGR’s guest said is an injury not usually concerning for re-injury in the future. 

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Harty/Harris had a better year than McKenzie has ever had in 2021 with nobodies throwing him the ball.  I am guessing they believe he has more to offer than what they have gotten out of him and in an offense like the Bills he will get the chance to show it. Likely an analytics based signing.  He also was 6th in the NFL in separation per route run in 2021 only behind marquee elite players.  Bills are banking on that to come out more with them.

No problem. I hope you and the Bills are right. I just reacted on you saying that I am trying to find out something to be upset about. I am the direct opposite, so it hurts me when people say it :) :(

How many slot receivers do we need?   McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir, Hines?  This better not be the big move at WR that Beane is making this offseason.

I was perfectly happy handing the slot position over to Shakir full time.   We need WR2

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

It would be nice for Josh to not have to run around like a chicken with his head cut off ever other play trying to find little guys who are working to get open.

Having a big, SUREHANDED guy go up and get it creating faith in JA that he can…..What is not to like about that?

Sure, that's great. Who's that guy? You want em to sign Julio Jones or N'Keal Harry?

1 minute ago, Lost said:

How many slot receivers do we need?   McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir, Hines?  This better not be the big move at WR that Beane is making this offseason.

I was perfectly happy handing the slot position over to Shakir full time.   We need WR2

McKenzie and Crowder may get released and Hines is a RB

Edited by nucci
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.