Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

This has be an early April Fools joke.  

Averaged 0.5 catches and 3.25 yards per game last year

Over 4 seasons played in 40 out of 66 possible games, started only 4, caught all of 64 balls for 793 yards, 8.9 avg and a whole 4 TDs?  That averages out to 10 games per season, 1 start, 1.6 catches and 19.8 per games and 1 TD a year?   Plus 15 carries for 123 yards and 0 TDs and 9 fumbles?

Sign a 5'6" unproductive player for 2 years $13.5 million max with $5 million guaranteed?   An average of $6.75 per year?   What a waste of resources!!!

McKenzie, who is 2" taller, over the same time frame played in 61 out of 66 possible games, started 25 of them, caught 119 balls for 1137 yards, 9.6 avg, 11 TDs.  Running 36 times for 160 yards 2 TDs and 2 Fumbles.  Not to mention he's in the 2nd year of a 2 year $4.4 million deal - that had only $1.25 million guaranteed.  This year has a base of $1.75 million plus workout and roster bonuses worth $467,647

If this signing is real...   WOW!!  UGH!!!

Still have your Donahoe poster above your bed?

• Haha (+1) 2

Who's kidding who here? There are no more "Under the radar guys" in the NFL! This is not 1967. Every NFL players decent catches, TD's, impact plays are covered ad-nauseam across literally hundreds of networks, podcasts, FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc. etc. Donte Hardy/Harris doesn't ring many bells, the same way most fringe players don't get much attention, by not doing that much except a few flash plays.... I guess this truly will be the year when Beane digs through the NFL dumpsters for some saviors, while the Dolphins and Jet's are shopping on 5th Avenue. If this continues I'm afraid It'll be reflected in the standings come next January.         

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, RG Murdock said:

Who's kidding who here? There are no more "Under the radar guys" in the NFL! This is not 1967. Every NFL players decent catches, TD's, impact plays are covered ad-nauseam across literally hundreds of networks, podcasts, FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc. etc. Donte Hardy/Harris doesn't ring many bells, the same way most fringe players don't get much attention, by not doing that much except a few flash plays.... I guess this truly will be the year when Beane digs through the NFL dumpsters for some saviors, while the Dolphins and Jet's are shopping on 5th Avenue. If this continues I'm afraid It'll be reflected in the standings come next January.         

Another one.  Folks have lost their damned minds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Let me guess though you are praising the KC Chiefs giving 50M to a RT that never took a snap in his career on the Left to play LT right?

Bobby why so offensive? 

Your guess (apparently implying that I whine about everything) is completely wrong. I am one of the biggest Beane / McDermott supporters on this board. 

That doesn't mean I have to immediately praise every single signing, does it?

I have no idea why you felt the necessity to react this way. 

1 minute ago, RG Murdock said:

That is what happens when you need to still build your team to compete.  AFCE still goes through Buffalo as of today.  That is the reality

4 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Over 4 seasons played in 40 out of 66 possible games, started only 4, caught all of 64 balls for 793 yards, 8.9 avg and a whole 4 TDs?  That averages out to 10 games per season, 1 start, 1.6 catches and 19.8 yards per games and a whole TD a year?   Plus 15 carries for 123 yards and 0 TDs and 9 fumbles?

Sign a 5'6" unproductive player for 2 years $13.5 million max with $5 million guaranteed?   An average of $6.75 per year?   What a waste of resources!!!

McKenzie, who is 2" taller, over the same time frame played in 61 out of 66 possible games, started 25 of them, caught 119 balls for 1137 yards, 9.6 avg, 11 TDs.  Running 36 times for 160 yards 2 TDs and 2 Fumbles.  Not to mention he's in the 2nd year of a 2 year $4.4 million deal - that had only $1.25 million guaranteed.  This year has a base of $1.75 million plus workout and roster bonuses worth $467,647

LOL. Wow. You realize he was out injured almost all of last year, right?

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Bobby why so offensive? 

Your guess (apparently implying that I whine about everything) is completely wrong. I am one of the biggest Beane / McDermott supporters on this board. 

That doesn't mean I have to immediately praise every single signing, does it?

I have no idea why you felt the necessity to react this way. 

Yet you go after this signing over 5M but probably loved the 50M RT to play LT right?  See how that is a bit hypocritical?

4 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Over 4 seasons played in 40 out of 66 possible games, started only 4, caught all of 64 balls for 793 yards, 8.9 avg and a whole 4 TDs?  That averages out to 10 games per season, 1 start, 1.6 catches and 19.8 yards per games and a whole TD a year?   Plus 15 carries for 123 yards and 0 TDs and 9 fumbles?

try comparing the 1st 4 years of McKenzie to Harty's 1st 4 years for a more accurate depiction of both players 1st 4 years in trhe league.......

I'm not blown away by this signing but McKenzie needs to go... 

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That is peanuts. People up in arms about $5 million guaranteed are really trying to find things to be upset about. Working OT on it even.

Again, same as I just responded to MAJBobby. I am not trying to find anything. I am pretty sure that I am one of the biggest Beane and McD supporters on this board. I have all silly whiners and trolls blocked. I mention guarantees since cap space is my hobby (as you can see from my posting history) and on the first glance this looks like a questionable signing to me. I think I am allowed to have critical hot take from time to time :)

Peace.

Can’t say I’m too excited for this one. It’s a good amount of money to pay for someone who is likely WR5 (Diggs, Davis, Shakir, hopefully early round rookie, Harty) and punt returner. Maybe he will prove more valuable than that but his value so far in his career has been that.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

R.E.L.A.X!!!

Allow Bean to do his thing.

So far Beanes “thing” has been handing out massive contracts to players who don’t deserve them. Also, he loves drafting duds as well.

Call me a little skeptic of allowing Beane to do his “thing.”

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.