Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

People keep comparing this guy to McKenzie because of size, but you all should be comparing him to ol' Smoke John Brown.

My eye isn't as trained as most folk but looking at the 2021 highlights posted earlier he looks more like a Rappin' Cole Beasley. Apart from he seems to be able to stretch the field a bit more and evade the first tackle. 

There a multitude of chain moving 3rd down and 2nd & 7ish catches in there and separation doesn't seem to be a problem. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

But the Bills just resigned Hines. They don't really need another returner. And those are agent numbers for the contract. We'll have to see what the actual structure of it is before judging if the BIlls overpaid.

No they didn't, he was already under contract for next year. He took a pay cut to stay with the Bills.

I get what people say about potential and granted I wouldn't know if he is any good even if I watched Saints but still, giving $5M guaranteed to a guy who has grand total of 793 receiving yards in 4 seasons (!) is really confusing to me.

I guess we'll see.

I do expect something really big happens in the next 36 or so hours.

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I get what people say about potential and granted I wouldn't know if he is any good even if I watched Saints but still, giving $5M guaranteed to a guy who has grand total of 793 receiving yards in 4 seasons (!) is really confusing to me.

I guess we'll see.

Let me guess though you are praising the KC Chiefs giving 50M to a RT that never took a snap in his career on the Left to play LT right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

This guy makes McKenzie look like a giant. Harty (or Harris) is the smallest guy I’ve seen on the NFL in a long time. Let’s call him “Tiny”

Mediocre signing by Beane, high price 

Did you actually look at the cap hits?

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I guess we'll see.

That is peanuts. People up in arms about $5 million guaranteed are really trying to find things to be upset about. Working OT on it even.

• Like (+1) 2

This has be an early April Fools joke.  

Averaged 0.5 catches and 3.25 yards per game last year

Over 4 seasons played in 40 out of 66 possible games, started only 4, caught all of 64 balls for 793 yards, 8.9 avg and a whole 4 TDs?  That averages out to 10 games per season, 1 start, 1.6 catches and 19.8 yards per games and a whole TD a year?   Plus 15 carries for 123 yards and 0 TDs and 9 fumbles?

Sign a 5'6" unproductive player for 2 years $13.5 million max with $5 million guaranteed?   An average of $6.75 per year?   What a waste of resources!!!

McKenzie, who is 2" taller, over the same time frame played in 61 out of 66 possible games, started 25 of them, caught 119 balls for 1137 yards, 9.6 avg, 11 TDs.  Running 36 times for 160 yards 2 TDs and 2 Fumbles.  Not to mention he's in the 2nd year of a 2 year $4.4 million deal - that had only $1.25 million guaranteed.  This year has a base of $1.75 million plus workout and roster bonuses worth $467,647

If this signing is real...   WOW!!  UGH!!!

Edited by FlaFitz1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, FlaFitz1 said:

Over 4 seasons played in 40 out of 66 possible games, started only 4, caught all of 64 balls for 793 yards, 8.9 avg and a whole 4 TDs?  That averages out to 10 games per season, 1 start, 1.6 catches and 19.8 per games and 1 TD a year?   Plus 15 carries for 123 yards and 0 TDs and 9 fumbles?

Sign a 5'6" unproductive player for 2 years $13.5 million max with $5 million guaranteed?   An average of $6.75 per year?   What a waste of resources!!!

McKenzie, who is 2" taller, over the same time frame played in 61 out of 66 possible games, started 25 of them, caught 119 balls for 1137 yards, 9.6 avg, 11 TDs.  Running 36 times for 160 yards 2 TDs and 2 Fumbles.  Not to mention he's in the 2nd year of a 2 year $4.4 million deal - that had only $1.25 million guaranteed.  This year has a base of $1.75 million plus workout and roster bonuses worth $467,647

Don't worry, it's fake. We're all just playing along

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FlaFitz1 said:

Over 4 seasons played in 40 out of 66 possible games, started only 4, caught all of 64 balls for 793 yards, 8.9 avg and a whole 4 TDs?  That averages out to 10 games per season, 1 start, 1.6 catches and 19.8 per games and 1 TD a year?   Plus 15 carries for 123 yards and 0 TDs and 9 fumbles?

Classic example of making numbers say what you want them to. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Over 4 seasons played in 40 out of 66 possible games, started only 4, caught all of 64 balls for 793 yards, 8.9 avg and a whole 4 TDs?  That averages out to 10 games per season, 1 start, 1.6 catches and 19.8 yards per games and a whole TD a year?   Plus 15 carries for 123 yards and 0 TDs and 9 fumbles?

HE WAS INJURED LAST YEAR

This thread is full of some of the legit dumbest takes I've ever seen, anywhere on the internet.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.