Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

Loved this guy in college, had some great moments in 21

Go to a lot of Assumption Greyhound games in 2018 did ya.  You must live int he Worcester area.  

Dude had 751 yards playing for Assumption in his last season there.  LOL   I'll give it to ya, he did post great games against St. Anselm, Bentley, and American International College.  Not much different the year prior where he posted great games against Findley and Merrimack.  

It's the Northeast 10 Conference, that I'd never even heard about.  Not exactly the SEC.  Just sayin'.  I hope he had some great moments.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I hope he’s useful and utilized.

But, I’m starting to sense a pattern that Beane like little fast guys.

5’6” !?!?

How about getting Josh a 6’2” receiver who can use his body to block out DBs and fights for balls.

What do you mean. At 5'6" that's all he will be fighting, Is balls.

Edited by Yawning Frog
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Yeah I think most of us saying those things had something else in mind than a guy who had 2 receptions last season and has 4 total TD's in 4 years in the NFL.

Our version of "playmaker" is a bit different than this.

Yours is a very shallow opinion.  He was injured last season.  The previous season, he was VERY good in several metrics.  Top 5 WR good.  No, he’s not a top 5 WR, not even close, but he can we worth the money we paid him if used properly.

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/platform/amp/2022/2/17/22938420/deonte-harty-had-an-ultra-efficient-season

24 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I'm curious, what do you see that he "brings ot the field?"  Here is his career gamelog;  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarrDe07/gamelog/

I'm guessing it's the kinda thing where you actually have to watch the game.  😁

Return man wasn't very high up our needs list given all the other needs.  BTW, he's got a 47.9 rating on PFF, which is piss poor.  While hardly the end-all-to-be-all, their methodology is sound over there.  

Right now I see Milano having a busy season.  LOL  Apparently until further notice his new position is OIMOLB.  LOL  

Seems like a stupid signing to me.  I mean really, we sign Hines as an outlet, don't use him at all like that, when he's fantastic at it.  Draft Cook for the same reason, don't use him much.  I don't see this guy catching more than 25-30 passes with all of the options that Allen has.  If I had to bet I'd say fewer than 20.  That was hardly the case in NO where they had a roster full of nothing JAG WRs.  

Terrible signing, waste of money, and IMO this is Beane's way of trying to recover Hodgins, thinking he's going under the wire to redeem himself.  Sounds just like Beane.  His Draft had better be A+ or he's going to sink himself.  

Didnt need to read this far to know youre clueless, but it certainly reinforced it lol please tell me one thing these two have in common other than position

ill anxiously await your breath taking knowledge lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Good signing. You don't get a 6'4" receiver with track speed and good hands and availability at a discount. Yes, it's a chance, but you've got to take them when you don't have a lot of money but a lot of holes to fill.

If he stays healthy, yes, a big if, people will love him here.

Edited by Nephilim17

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Ultra efficient ... ROFLMA   

You've just gotta love it when those adjectives are the greatness in players.  

Please stop ... LOL 

please stop what?  Using stats?  You can use a 47 Pff rating based on 5 games and 2 targets….. but then real stats are used and “please stop LOL” is your rebuttal.  Great job

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Didnt need to read this far to know youre clueless, but it certainly reinforced it lol please tell me one thing these two have in common other than position

ill anxiously await your breath taking knowledge lol

I’m just glad I found out more about this poster while he was still a little purple guy.  Ignore now while we remember.

• Like (+1) 1

I've literally never heard of this guy before even before the name change not that it means anything but I feel I'm pretty knowledgeable on current players around the league. A concern i have is that he plays in a dome so will he have the same explosion in 30 degree whether or in snowstorms that we tend to have yearly? Plus he's 5'7" 170 lbs.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

People may remember when we signed Beasley, his advanced stats with Dallas were great though a much bigger sample size. Seems they are searching for a similar hit with Harty where he can be successful with increased volume. Let’s hope it works out as well again

Hopefully our incredible training facility (it really is top notch) can fix some of the injury issues he's had.

Injury History

2019 - Harris missed 2 games with a hamstring injury.

2020 - Harris suffered a hamstring injury and missed 3 games (IR).

2021 - Harris suffered a hamstring injury in Week five’s game vs. Washington and missed 3 games.

2022 - Harris injured toe and missed 12 games (IR).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"The Best Ability is Availability"

Hardy has played in 14, 9, 13, and 4 games

Same stretch McKenzie has played in 15, 16, 15, and 15 games.

If the Bills intended to cut McKenzie this spring, it's surprising to me that they haven't already done it so he could be on the market during the first burst of FA.  That would be the usual courtesy to a guy who has gone hard for them: give him the maximum chance to get out there, but perhaps "things have changed"

Hardy has been most active as a KR/PR

McKenzie has not only played in a lot of games he made an impact in practices emulating opposing players and he even played defense one game when Bills were trying to rest DBs.  His play won us a playoff game.

I do not understand this at all. Bills have KR/PR and this is far too much money for him despite "market".  Deshaun Watson was paid far more than market but this does not make it a good deal.  Bills should have learned last year that they may need more money than they planned with unexpected injuries.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would really like to know how many WR in UFA are 6'2 ad run 4.3s?  And could they be had for 3.75M?

It's DJ Chark only. But he will be more than 3.75 for sure. 

And Robbie Anderson. Who is still probably more than 3.75. 

Breshad Perriman maybe? 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hopefully our incredible training facility (it really is top notch) can fix some of the injury issues he's had.

Injury History

2019 - Harris missed 2 games with a hamstring injury.

2020 - Harris suffered a hamstring injury and missed 3 games (IR).

2021 - Harris suffered a hamstring injury in Week five’s game vs. Washington and missed 3 games.

2022 - Harris injured toe and missed 12 games (IR).

Jeez...  This is not a good look at all! very curious signing indeed... First blush: Poor.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.