Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

More than one creates big issues, look at what HILL and Waddle create in Miami. Speed kills and we are lacking it. Lacking it with people that can catch the ball LOL

Yes.  Trade for Hopkins draft Hyatt.  4 WR sets you have 2 elite WR's and 2 speed killers

Diggs

Hopkins
Harty
Hyatt

That offense is a SERIOUS problem to deal with 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's the biggest risk of this signing.  Beane rolling the dice for $3.7M is the bottom line.  Personally, I believe McKenzie won't make the 53.

So, replacing McKenzie with Harty is a $1M or so gamble.  It has a chance to pay off pretty big if he can stay healthy.

Stop making sense!! This is the time we should be whining and crying about free agency!!!  

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

please stop what?  Using stats?  You can use a 47 Pff rating based on 5 games and 2 targets….. but then real stats are used and “please stop LOL” is your rebuttal.  Great job

LOL, OK then, look at his 2021 season.  I just posted this in comment above.  36 catches, 570, 3 TDs.  Of those three TDs, one was a garbage-time TD in a loss, another was the fifth of 5 in a 38-3 blowout.  All on a team completely desperate for WRs with a roster full of JAGs.  In fact, if we had their WRs then and last year, people would be calling for Beane's head.  

If that's the best he can do with the team screaming for a #1 WR, I don't know how this is a good signing.  It's a lot of money for something that really doesn't fill an obvious hole.  And do I need to remind us how we signed Hines to be a great option out of the backfield.  Did he even catch 10 passes?  I think he had 5 or 6.  

Anyway, here's his gamelogs from 2021, the only good season's he's had.  I'm all ears to hearing a statistical analysis as to how this translates to much of anything this season for us.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarrDe07/gamelog/2021/ 

And again, here was his primary competition at WR on NO in 2021:   

Undrafted Marquez Callaway 

Undrafted Lil' Jordan Humprhey 

Undrafted Juwan Johnson 

and journeyman Ty Montgomery whose best season wasn't even 500 yards and who averaged 1.8 catches and 14.2 yards/game.  

I'm sincerely interested in how this guy's history demonstrates the kind of thing does anything that we don't already have.  Otherwise, he's played four seasons, that one, was injured one, and had two entirely forgetable seasons.  

Again, we'll see, LOL, but I'm not thinking that this is going to help Beane's slowly slipping away positive perceptions.  

If Beane's such a good eye for WR-ing talent, then why'd he let Hodgins go.  Same role essentially.  

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Again, we'll see, LOL, but I'm not thinking that this is going to help Beane's slowly slipping away positive perceptions. 

If Beane's such a good eye for WR-ing talent, then why'd he let Hodgins go.  Same role essentially. 

I'm really struggling with this.  Hodgins is a very very different type of WR.

Also, I'm kind of missing the slowly part here?

Edited by Beck Water

15 minutes ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

I work for a competing college, he burned us every time, couldn’t be covered 

Which college, mind my asking?  

I mean it's the Northeast 10, again, hardly the SEC.  Tanner Gentry with Josh at Wyoming posted much better numbers.  So did Zay Jones.  

It doesn't seem to have translated to the NFL.  His biggest plays/TDs are in meaninless moments.  

In four seasons he's averaged fewer than 20 ypg and has 4 total TDs.  I'm simply not getting the optimism here.  LOL  This isn't the Northeast 10.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Which college, mind my asking?  

I mean it's the Northeast 10, again, hardly the SEC.  Tanner Gentry with Josh at Wyoming posted much better numbers.  So did Zay Jones.  

It doesn't seem to have translated to the NFL.  His biggest plays/TDs are in meaninless moments.  

In four seasons he's averaged fewer than 20 ypg and has 4 total TDs.  I'm simply not getting the optimism here.  LOL  This isn't the Northeast 10.  

Has he played w/ an elite QB?

I'm excited to see what he does w/ Allen.  I keep reading that he has elite separation skills, and is also good at forcing missed tackles.   We do not have anyone on the roster who can stretch the field, and he fits that bill.

I can see Allen bringing out the best in him, and a few deep balls where Harty is 10 yards past the defender....

Edited by Success

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

“We” meant a “true gamebreaking playmaker”.  That’s all that you wanted?  You wanted one superstar WR?  You thought we were going to get a “true gamebreaking playmaker”?  LOL. Get real man.  I want a stud franchise LT paired with a stud all pro LG.  That’s not happening.  

We were not talking about what is real or available. You found it ridiculous that people want a gamechanger WR and yet don't love this signing. But its not ridiculous. Because he's not a game changing WR. This is simple logic.

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You said it yourself-  you knew little about him.  I’ve been watching him since 2019.

Disney Lying GIF by Anne Horel

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

you avoided the question. how does hodgins compare to harty?

I read up in the thread someone said that Harty's a slot WR.  Not true?  

I'll be honest, I don't know much about him, but what's down isn't in the least impressive.  

If he's not slot, like Hodgins, then I see him getting even fewer targets.  

We'll see.  Again, the overreactions here to a guy that hasn't even average 20 ypg in three-plus seasons is ridiculous.  

We need a slot WR more than anything.  People were talking about Harty replacing McKenzie.  Not true?  I'm just going by what people have said, here, in this thread.  I don't see him being anymore than a 5WR, and that's a lot of bucks for that.  

What is a an indisputable fact is that Harty/Harris, whatever, was on a team entirely bereft of #1 caliber WRs.  If he were that good, I suspect he'd have done better.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.