Possible McKenzie Replacement Bills sign Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris)

MAJBobby

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My issue with that statement is that people can have their own personal concerns about that. But Beane signed him and made him a priority. 

What posters want is for him to be, at most, the 4th technical WR on the depth chart and the 5th or 6th option in the passing game after Diggs, Hopkins (who fans look at as a "need" and not a luxury), Davis, Kincaid, and Knox. 

Beane didn't sign him to a 2 year contract worth 10 million to turn around and go out and spend a boatload more to get another guy because he doesn't see him as a "sure thing". 

He'll already surely be behind Diggs, Kincaid, and Davis on players split out Wide. I don't think he's looking to use him even less than that with the investment he made in him.

Which is why I think Beane has taken a stance of "If he wants to come here cheap, sure. Otherwise, I don't really need him" with Hopkins.

I think at the end of the day, and we’re analyzing this upcoming season at the end of the year we’re going to be glad that the general manager did not pull all the levers he was able to, and saved some

We did improve our receiving room, not only with Dalton Kincaid, but also with these lesser signings all too soon people forget that wide receivers come to the Buffalo Bills and they have their best years because of the quarterback they’re playing with

And there are just so many different receiving options. You’ve got a number one receiver in Dix. You’ve got a number two that’s in a contract year. You got guys like sherfield who have been number threes on other teams with good offenses

You got talent that you already put on the team like Khalil Shakir that’s just waiting for an opportunity and then you got wild cards like Deontay Harti

We’re fine

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Mark my words.

One day we're going to miss Lil' Dirty

I think we’re gonna miss his personality
As a player, he was kind of a net 0

14 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Harty is a stud. Fact. He is a burner. Who cares if he went to D1 or D2 school. The dude can all out burn ANY defense with his speed and route running capabilities. Now that he is on a good team he will shine! he can easily become our WR2. Just wait n see.

Also - we can't compare him to McKenzie or Beasly or Brown. Harty is on a different level than those guys.

If Harty was on the Niners or Cowboys he would have already been a household name. Now we have him and we reap the rewards.

Why do people say he is a "Burner"? His 40 time (4.48) was slower than Diggs (4,46), Shakir (4.43) AND Lil'l Dirty (4.42). I like the enthusiasm, but, Brown (4.34) was probably faster even at his age. Heck, even Beasley had a 4.49. 😉

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Why do people say he is a "Burner"? His 40 time (4.48) was slower than Diggs (4,46), Shakir (4.43) AND Lil'l Dirty (4.42). I like the enthusiasm, but, Brown (4.34) was probably faster even at his age. Heck, even Beasley had a 4.49. 😉

People say he is a burner, rather KNOW he is a burner, because he can demonstrate it on the field during an NFL game.

The guys you mention in comparison are not considered "burners".

Harty is known for his stretch speed similar to Hill on Miami. Not saying Harty is as good right now but we will see. Depends how the Bills use him.,

He is our fastest WR. (On the field).

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Watch his highlights, he finds way to break away from other guys. Maybe it's his lower center of gravity but he does look like he has an extra gear. 

4 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Because guys can run more than one 40…… Sometimes they run poorly.  Sometimes they run great.  

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/gallery/saints-nfl-draft-alvin-kamara-40-time/

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

Here is all anyone needs to know when it comes to Harty vs McKenzie

McKenzie is a gadget player whose only singular strong attribute is straight line speed but couldn't apply that to be a valid deep threat.  Harty is a legit deep threat who can take the top off the defense.  He does WR things better in almost every aspect of the position than McKenzie despite being similar in stature.  

Love McKenzie, his energy, personality etc.  But end of the day, he was out over his ski's as a starting slot WR.  He is a valuable gadget guy, but not someone you can rely on as a heavy minutes player.  He isn't a polished route runner, he doesn't have great hands, he isn't cerebral on the field like Cole was, he isn't very good at tough or contested catches, he isn't physical, and he doesn't track the long ball well.  

Harty is more of a talent as a WR and can do more WR things on the field.  His biggest issue is availability in terms of staying healthy.  I don't see Harty as a guy who can be relied on as a starter either with his injury history, but I do feel like he is more of a legit WR when he is on the field and if you lose track of him he can burn you over the top and score on any given play.  I trust him to not only track the ball much better but be someone who can make a catch in traffic down field too.  

Going from McKenzie to Harty is a noticeable upgrade IMHO.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I think Harty just runs faster when chased.   Diggs runs faster when chaste........which is why he will never be a burner.

14 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Mark my words.

One day we're going to miss Lil' Dirty

I’ll miss his personality.  The guy is just a fun person.  

I won’t miss him as a player. 

His Chiefs game this past season might be the worst game for a WR I’ve ever seen. 

I’m very confident that, at least, one of Harty, Sherfield and Shakir can outperform what he provided. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

People say he is a burner, rather KNOW he is a burner, because he can demonstrate it on the field during an NFL game.

The guys you mention in comparison are not considered "burners".

Harty is known for his stretch speed similar to Hill on Miami. Not saying Harty is as good right now but we will see. Depends how the Bills use him.,

He is our fastest WR. (On the field).

I guess if you say so. I haven't seen him compared to Hill. 

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Watch his highlights, he finds way to break away from other guys. Maybe it's his lower center of gravity but he does look like he has an extra gear. 

I watched a few and he is quick. Still looks similar to Lil' Dirty to me.🤷. Definitely better on Returns.😉

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I guess if you say so. I haven't seen him compared to Hill. 

The guy is obvious to people that understand football that he’s super fast on the football field.  There aren’t too many WRs with his type of game speed. 

The problem is he could get destroyed due to being so small

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I should not be laughing at this
Why am I laughing at this?

Because you’re a bad person John.  Obv

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is all anyone needs to know when it comes to Harty vs McKenzie

McKenzie is a gadget player whose only singular strong attribute is straight line speed but couldn't apply that to be a valid deep threat.  Harty is a legit deep threat who can take the top off the defense.  He does WR things better in almost every aspect of the position than McKenzie despite being similar in stature.  

Love McKenzie, his energy, personality etc.  But end of the day, he was out over his ski's as a starting slot WR.  He is a valuable gadget guy, but not someone you can rely on as a heavy minutes player.  He isn't a polished route runner, he doesn't have great hands, he isn't cerebral on the field like Cole was, he isn't very good at tough or contested catches, he isn't physical, and he doesn't track the long ball well.  

Harty is more of a talent as a WR and can do more WR things on the field.  His biggest issue is availability in terms of staying healthy.  I don't see Harty as a guy who can be relied on as a starter either with his injury history, but I do feel like he is more of a legit WR when he is on the field and if you lose track of him he can burn you over the top and score on any given play.  I trust him to not only track the ball much better but be someone who can make a catch in traffic down field too.  

Going from McKenzie to Harty is a noticeable upgrade IMHO.  

I was looking at the stats , but with his injuries, it may be unfair to use them as a comparison. 🤷‍♂️

https://stathead.com/football/versus-finder.cgi?player_id2=McKeIs00&player_id1=HarrDe07&request=1&utm_campaign=2023_01_wdgt_player_comparison&utm_source=pfr&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_id=HarrDe07

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think Harty just runs faster when chased.   Diggs runs faster when chaste........which is why he will never be a burner.

If I was 5'6" 170lbs and being chased by bigger guys, I'd run faster too.🤣

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.