Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

So.......  are we going to talk about the fact that the Jets had a great draft last year, is arguably having one of the better offseasons so far this year, and has a first and two second round picks (with very capable management with respect to drafts)?

If they get Rodgers, which is looking likely, that team will be set up for a playoff run.  

Let's go Bills.  Hope that Von Miller rebounds.  We will need him.  Tre White too.

And if Breece Hall comes back from his ACL, that will be another headache.

Time for some defensive talent to be added via FA.

10 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I'll repeat this. Rodgers contract is structured in such a way that GB can cut him all the way up to week 1 and get out from under it.

I'm sure they will give Rodgers permission to miss camp in that scenario. If Rodgers shows up anyway and is a problem the Packers can suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and send him out. They still don't need to release him

I don’t think that’s true.  There’s that fully-guaranteed $58M roster bonus which converts to salary if it isn’t exercised by week 1.

It makes him tradeable because it becomes payable by his new team, once he’s traded, so it limits the guaranteed $$ cap hit GB has to take on the chin

If he’s cut, it’s fully guaranteed, so GB has to pay whatever part of it his new team doesn’t pick up - and why would they pick up $58M?

6 hours ago, Yantha said:

So.......  are we going to talk about the fact that the Jets had a great draft last year, is arguably having one of the better offseasons so far this year, and has a first and two second round picks (with very capable management with respect to drafts)?

If they get Rodgers, which is looking likely, that team will be set up for a playoff run.  

Let's go Bills.  Hope that Von Miller rebounds.  We will need him.  Tre White too.

And if Breece Hall comes back from his ACL, that will be another headache.

Time for some defensive talent to be added via FA.

If the Jets get Rodgers, their capability in the draft will be irrelevant because their 1st round draft pick and maybe one or both of their 2nds will belong to GB

9 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's a win-win for the Packers and they have full advantage.

No. How? How is a rolling out an even further disgruntled Rodgers a win-win? They're an absolute mismanaged dumpster fire that have seemingly been at odds with him for years. They've given him nothing, it's irreconcilable.

I remember arguing with people last season that thought Green Bay was still a contender. They went on to not be a contender. They're a trainwreck, and I don't understand why fans tend to think they're a well managed franchise simply because they're a historic one.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

No. How? How is a rolling out an even further disgruntled Rodgers a win-win? They're an absolute mismanaged dumpster fire that have seemingly been at odds with him for years. They've given him nothing, it's irreconcilable.

I remember arguing with people last season that thought Green Bay was still a contender. They went on to not be a contender. They're a trainwreck, and I don't understand why fans tend to think they're a well managed franchise simply because they're a historic one.

I think it's as simple as they lucked into Favre turning out to be great and Rodgers falling in the draft. 

They went decades with 2 total playoff appearances and lots of 6-10 type seasons. That's where they are headed soon, unless Jordan Love is another winning lottery ticket. 

If they are truly hung up on the Jets 13th overall 1st rounder this year then the Jets should just wait until after the draft. The price will only go down as time passes. 

A 2024 1st rounder that you expect to be in the high 20's/low 30's overall is plenty doable. 

If I'm the Jets I offer my two 2023 2nds and my 2024 first. That's a haul for a disgruntled soon to be 40 year old QB. They got a conditional 4th for Favre. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think it's as simple as they lucked into Favre turning out to be great and Rodgers falling in the draft. 

They went decades with 2 total playoff appearances and lots of 6-10 type seasons. That's where they are headed soon, unless Jordan Love is another winning lottery ticket. 

If they are truly hung up on the Jets 13th overall 1st rounder this year then the Jets should just wait until after the draft. The price will only go down as time passes. 

A 2024 1st rounder that you expect to be in the high 20's/low 30's overall is plenty doable. 

If I'm the Jets I offer my two 2023 2nds and my 2024 first. That's a haul for a disgruntled soon to be 40 year old QB. They got a conditional 4th for Favre. 

Depends on if Johnson wants to wait or not. He may cave in and give them the 13th overall pick. Both JD and Saleh wanted Carr so this whole Rodgers to Jets situation is 100% on Woody Johnson. 

52 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/whats-the-holdup-with-aaron-rodgers-trade-to-the-jets

This is a really good read and explanation of where things are at right now. 

That was an interesting read, for sure.

If I'm the Jets there is no way I'm sending one of my top young players away. I would rather cave and send my 2024 1st round pick, which it sounds would get the deal done.

2023: 2nd, 2nd (Jets have 2)

2024 1st

That's a nice haul for Green Bay and somewhat steep for the Jets for a 1-2 year player but not crazy. 

At the end of the day, I don't think Green Bay wants to trade him. They really want him to retire.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

We are in trouble if the Jets get him. The window is already closing, this will shut it

The Jets are basically going all in for the next year or two 2. Rodgers is 39 and may only play this year and retire. The Jets will be tough this year for sure.

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

he can’t do everything. He will be on the sidelines when Aaron Rodgers plays at Orchard Park

On the plus side Rodgers has never won a game in OP. Lets keep that streak going.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You do know who the Bills QB is right? 

Yes. And even with him being great, we have flamed out in the playoffs 4 years in a row.

And we flamed out, despite not having to go through a tough divison.

Now we are going to have a tough division to deal with, and it'll be much harder.

Just now, Einstein said:

Yes. And even with him being great, we have flamed out in the playoffs 4 years in a row.

Now we are going to have a tough division to deal with, and it'll be much harder.

you scared bro?

On 3/22/2023 at 12:28 PM, papazoid said:

if this thing blows up....GB is in way worse shape....they are stuck with a huge contract and a distruptive presence

the jets can still go forward in several directions....

therefore i say the jets have more leverage

GB is the one that keeps signing the guy to new top end deals.  If they are in bad shape its their own fault.

22 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

he can’t do everything. He will be on the sidelines when Aaron Rodgers plays at Orchard Park

The Bills will be playing the Jets in Buffalo the last game of this coming season?

Edited by Doc

19 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

a little yeah.. I think you have a very limited chance to win a SB when you have a good young roster before it falls apart.

I am scared the Bills have blown that chance 

don't be.  i'm here for you.

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This lame fraternity bro response is expected but still disappointing.

There is a valley of difference between being scared and being realistic. 

no way man!  be tough like me.  just start windmilling your arms and march forward.  that's what we alphas do.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No pressure no diamonds 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If anyone is still scared, go spend a week in total darkness and then realize how nutty Rodgers really is.  

he spent two nights. Was supposed to do 4 and retired early from that.  How big of a deal is to rent a cabin in the woods, bring a cooler of food and just relax?It’s not even camping. 

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

he spent two nights. Was supposed to do 4 and retired early from that.  How big of a deal is to rent a cabin in the woods, bring a cooler of food and just relax?It’s not even camping. 

Not that it's that important, but Rodgers has said he spent all 4 nights in every interview I've heard him talk about it (Aubrey Marcus and Pat MacAfee) 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

Dov Kleiman on Twitter: "Update: The #Jets and #Packers haven't "spoken much" this past week, per @AdamSchefter Green Bay "wants a 1st round pick" in the Rodgers trade "and that's not all they want." He also added that the Jets getting a 2nd round pick for Elijah Moore has little to do with the Packers https://t.co/PUpAbYpHzs" / Twitter

I just want this stalemate to at least go past the draft. I think it makes sense for it to go past this draft too. Jets have a fairly high pick this year. They don't want to give up #13. But in 2024 they figure to have a pick in the 20-30 range from their perspective. Also, Green Bay could actually benefit more in having an extra 2024 first rounder. They use this year to evaluate Love. If they think he is not the guy then they have two first rounders in the 2024 draft to move up and get their QB if there is one that they like. 

I do think there should be a 2025 conditional pick on whether or not Rodgers plays the 2024 season with the Jes. Could be as high as another 1st or 2nd round pick in 2025 if say the Jets make the playoffs in 2024 and Rodgers starts more than 50% of the games. 

Jets will really start to cave after this draft IMO. 

8 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

uhh if it goes past the draft that benefits the Jets.

They will draft a stud WR for Rodgers at 13 and the Packers get next year's pick

Of course it benefits the Jets. That was my entire point. Jets NO NOT want to cave now and give up the #13 pick. They will cave after the draft and give up a first rounder and potentially much more. Remember, in their eyes, the 2024 first rounder is a selection in the mid 20's or later. 

Green Bay benefits in getting a first rounder in 2024 which is likely the better year for them to have two first round picks anyway. And if the Jets are desperate after the draft they may get even more 2024 and 2025 day 2 picks out of the deal. 

The Jets are in win now mode these next two seasons with Rodgers. They want to keep all their picks this year. Packers are rebuilding so 2024 and 2025 picks have value to them.