Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I guess.  You're assuming the deal is done.  Sounds like the Packers are still haggling.

Word I saw was that the Packers and Jets hadnt even started talking trade yet, waiting on Rodgers to publicly state his intentions. But there is no other choice. GB cant have him back, so if he says he wants to go to the Jets, they'll move him for whatever they can get.

Aaron has two NFL teams and the entire media world hanging on his next word. Hence dragging this out for days, and then showing up on his buddies show. Classic Rodgers.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Jets (and Green Bay) have nothing to say until Aaron gives GB the green light on the trade. That is why nothing has been announced yet.

He most likely didnt ask them anything, he doesnt need to, he's just doing his typical Aaron thing.

Now I know how everyone else in the Kingdom of Make Believe felt when King Friday got in one of his moods.

image.thumb.jpeg.0f62b1961c18f7b1a23282332bf2de57.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If he does sign, then get ready for a lot of offseason hype with them. They will probably get a lot of primetime games being a big market NYC area team. I could see Jets at Cowboys as the Thanksgiving Day game. Dallas is scheduled to play the AFC team since the Bills played at Detroit last year. The only AFC teams going to Dallas this year are the Pats and Jets. One of the Bills-Jets games is a good bet for primetime as well.

That's fine with me.  You see where all the offseason hype got us this past season.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Arod is a different guy I wouldn’t actually be shocked if he simply says I haven’t made up my mind 

that would be incredible! LOL 

Part of me always wondered if Rodgers was trying to find a way to become a free agent so that he could choose his team. 

He's plenty smart and manipulative enough to make himself a huge distraction/headache (plus very expensive) so that eventually GB has no choice but to cut him loose. 

That contract is nuts, and GB cannot have him lurking around as a "backup" while Love is trying to start his playing career as the #1 guy. He can skip all the non-mandatory stuff, come in for camp, it will be a total circus, and at that point no team will be willing to give anything up for a guy that GB cannot have around the team. 

They can say all they want that he will be Love's backup, but it's not going to work. 

Green Bay totally screwed up yet again. They could have traded Rodgers to Denver or SF for the Russell Wilson deal but they want it both ways. They don't want Rodgers there, and they don't want him to play, but if he does they want to control where he can and can't go. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

26 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Word I saw was that the Packers and Jets hadnt even started talking trade yet, waiting on Rodgers to publicly state his intentions. But there is no other choice. GB cant have him back, so if he says he wants to go to the Jets, they'll move him for whatever they can get.

Aaron has two NFL teams and the entire media world hanging on his next word. Hence dragging this out for days, and then showing up on his buddies show. Classic Rodgers.

Jets will be just as desperate since they're signing Aaron's guys and there will be few options for them at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What have they been talking about instead?

Any else think this is just going to ruin the jets franchise even more?

I just feel this is going to blow up and bomb…terribly

like aaron brought Lazard 

they couldn’t even win games in the nfc ?  Now you want the afc East?

sheesh

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Jets will be just as desperate since they're signing Aaron's guys and there will be few options for them at QB.

Green Bay is in a far worse spot, IMO. They came right out and said they don't want the player back. 

Does anyone actually think that Rodgers is above calling the Packers' bluff and showing up to camp? 

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

that would be incredible! LOL 

Part of me always wondered if Rodgers was trying to find a way to become a free agent so that he could choose his team. 

He's plenty smart and manipulative enough to make himself a huge distraction/headache (plus very expensive) so that eventually GB has no choice but to cut him loose. 

That contract is nuts, and GB cannot have him lurking around as a "backup" while Love is trying to start his playing career as the #1 guy. He can skip all the non-mandatory stuff, come in for camp, it will be a total circus, and at that point no team will be willing to give anything up for a guy that GB cannot have around the team. 

They can say all they want that he will be Love's backup, but it's not going to work. 

Green Bay totally screwed up yet again. They could have traded Rodgers to Denver or SF for the Russell Wilson deal but they want it both ways. They don't want Rodgers there, and they don't want him to play, but if he does they want to control where he can and can't go. 

this sounds like a worst case scenario, but theyd start him before they cut him

I really thought this was a done deal a few days ago.  The fact that time passes and nothing happens makes me now think this is not going to happen.

If it was going to, it would have happened by now.

Reminds me of all the OBJ following.  When Dallas passed, you knew something was up.

29 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How do you know they've been talking?

is this a real question?  

It's been in the news...

32 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I really thought this was a done deal a few days ago.  The fact that time passes and nothing happens makes me now think this is not going to happen.

If it was going to, it would have happened by now.

Reminds me of all the OBJ following.  When Dallas passed, you knew something was up.

The Packers don't want him back and it seems they are in no hurry to trade him---possibly until the draft.

20 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The Packers absolutely have the Jets by the balls. The Jets made the mistake of getting their entire organization and fans amped up for the 2023 season with Aaron Rodgers as their QB. The fact that there are literally no other teams even interested in Rodgers makes it even worst. They can't fall back on, "well we tried but ultimately he wanted be with that other team". 

Jets have no choice but to trade whatever GB asks for. Their other option is going into the season with that 16 year old kid at QB, or setting themselves even further back by giving up 2 firsts and 200+ million guaranteed to Lamar Jackson and hope he lasts an entire season at least once out of the 5 years they have him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1