Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We’ve seen this scene before a pro bowl qb heads to the other conference with a great defense…skill talent…and Nate Hackett calling the plays. This will end badly for Aaron as the line he has in New York is way worse then the line he’s leaving in Green Bay

Games that count start in September.  Plenty of time for the Jets to improve the talent level on their roster.

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

That is the hill they're dying on hopefully. Nothing would please me more than Rodgers trudging back to GB without a deal done after looking so smug in interviews. He's really acting out his Farve trauma by reliving it. 

He'd retire before going back to GB.

Josh is one of Rodgers good friends in the league. Maybe he is helping us out by messing with the Jets lol. The Jets would like reaaaally bad if he ends up not going there and they are stuck with Zack Wilson next year

If Rodgers goal is to get back to the SB, I’m surprised he would leave the NFC for the AFC with so many quality QB’s. His odds are far better in the NFC than a loaded AFC.

Also it’s a huge roll of the dice for the Jets giving up the farm for Rodgers. One would make a reasonable assumption, the Jets would improve with him, which ultimately hurts their future draft position for drafting a franchise QB.

• Agree 1

the longer this plays out, the more likely i need to call a doctor.... its been almost 12 hrs

side note, i cant decide which would make me laugh more:

rodgers sparring with an angry liberal media (his favorite)

orrrrrrr

"nahhhhh. im good, im gunna mail it in back in wisconsin"

epic fan meltdowns. rich eisen mouning publicly along with schrager, one of the Mike's... i actually like all 3 of those, would make for some epic rants lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

If Rodgers goal is to get back to the SB, I’m surprised he would leave the NFC for the AFC with so many quality QB’s. His odds are far better in the NFC than a loaded AFC.

Also it’s a huge roll of the dice for the Jets giving up the farm for Rodgers. One would make a reasonable assumption, the Jets would improve with him, which ultimately hurts their future draft position for drafting a franchise QB.

I agree.  The Jets bringing in Rodgers is essentially a rental that is going to cost them gobs of money and draft capital.  It is the ultimate win now move by a GM and coach desperate to save their jobs.  

Rich Cimini on Twitter: "As for Rodgers, nothing much has changed as of early this morning. All signs point toward a trade, perhaps even today, but not done yet. A sense of guarded optimism, though, at 1JD. #Jets" / Twitter

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

I honestly can’t believe this is still going on.  

Im actually starting to respect him for it.  

One of those “this is so annoying….. ok, it’s kinda funny now” type of things. 

Rodgers likes being in control and messing with people

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Rich Cimini on Twitter: "As for Rodgers, nothing much has changed as of early this morning. All signs point toward a trade, perhaps even today, but not done yet. A sense of guarded optimism, though, at 1JD. #Jets" / Twitter

that says a lot....maybe today, maybe a trade but nothing has changed

1 minute ago, nucci said:

that says a lot....maybe today, maybe a trade but nothing has changed

To me it says he really doesn't want to be there, but he doesn't want to walk away from the money either. Rodgers is a strange guy. I just hope the Jets give up a lot to get him. Mortgage their future for what probably won't amount to a Super Bowl appearance or championship anyway.

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "Jets are actively working to reach an agreement with Packers’ free-agent WR Allen Lazard, per league sources. There is another team involved, and no final decision, but the Jets are trying to reunite Lazard and OC Nathaniel Hackett. https://t.co/rkzX17o5do" / Twitter

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

To me it says he really doesn't want to be there, but he doesn't want to walk away from the money either. Rodgers is a strange guy. I just hope the Jets give up a lot to get him. Mortgage their future for what probably won't amount to a Super Bowl appearance or championship anyway.

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "Jets are actively working to reach an agreement with Packers’ free-agent WR Allen Lazard, per league sources. There is another team involved, and no final decision, but the Jets are trying to reunite Lazard and OC Nathaniel Hackett. https://t.co/rkzX17o5do" / Twitter

I think at the start of next season the Jets will be the division favorite but Rogers will have one or two good years and that's it. If Rogers falls off or is injured the Jets are back to where they were. Unfortunately the Bills are cap strapped to keep pace with Miami and Jets so it's a tight race in our division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Sounds like an excellent plan for the Jets 🙃