Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

44 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

While the Bills talk about upgrades to WR or OL or S…imagine being the Jets and your entire off season depends on a 40 year old qb who may get tired and retire next year and you still wouldn’t be the favorites to win your division such a Jet thing 

It sort of reminds me of Denver last year. They got Wilson and just assumed they would win the division. We all know how that worked out.

I expect Rodgers to be better than Wilson, but this is a desperate move by a desperate franchise. I think a big part of this is their currently longest playoff drought in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

It sort of reminds me of Denver last year. They got Wilson and just assumed they would win the division. We all know how that worked out.

I expect Rodgers to be better than Wilson, but this is a desperate move by a desperate franchise. I think a big part of this is their currently longest playoff drought in the NFL. 

I mean, Hackett just moved from Denver to the Jets so anything is possible at this point. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

If Rodgers goal is to get back to the SB, I’m surprised he would leave the NFC for the AFC with so many quality QB’s. His odds are far better in the NFC than a loaded AFC.

Also it’s a huge roll of the dice for the Jets giving up the farm for Rodgers. One would make a reasonable assumption, the Jets would improve with him, which ultimately hurts their future draft position for drafting a franchise QB.

they're not giving up the farm or mortgaging their future

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

There’s no way this works out well for anyone involved 

the Jets are now pot committed to this lol they chose to wait it out through wave 1 of qb FA's, its starting to look murky, but they cant back out now. do they withdraw from the rodgers sweepstakes to sign....... who?  heinecke? baker? i dont see this move working out for them either way, and by far the funnier outcome is rodgers saying nah, jk lol 

even if he does agree, its a bad look that he's hesitated this much. will remind me of watson clearly not wanting to go to CLE, but not having many options at the $$ amount he wanted

if a girl waited a week to answer you on if shed let you take her out, how interested could she possibly be. this is hilarious

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

they're not giving up the farm or mortgaging their future

maybe not either of those, but it definitely strays the from the path of a proper rebuild.  itd be like if beane did what he did, then instead of taking a swing on josh, had tried to sign rivers. theyre taking a dumb on their own butterfly effect lol

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

maybe not either of those, but it definitely strays the from the path of a proper rebuild.  itd be like if beane did what he did, then instead of taking a swing on josh, had tried to sign rivers. theyre taking a dumb on their own butterfly effect lol

I concur but teams that don't have a QB are desperate to get one

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

the Jets are now pot committed to this lol they chose to wait it out through wave 1 of qb FA's, its starting to look murky, but they cant back out now. do they withdraw from the rodgers sweepstakes to sign....... who?  heinecke? baker? i dont see this move working out for them either way, and by far the funnier outcome is rodgers saying nah, jk lol 

even if he does agree, its a bad look that he's hesitated this much. will remind me of watson clearly not wanting to go to CLE, but not having many options at the $$ amount he wanted

if a girl waited a week to answer you on if shed let you take her out, how interested could she possibly be. this is hilarious

Already rumblings that this delay isnt sitting well with vets in the Jets locker room. Shows a lack of commitment from Rodgers, and also preventing the Jets from signing other FAs. Not a great look to start with.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Already rumblings that this delay isnt sitting well with vets in the Jets locker room. Shows a lack of commitment from Rodgers, and also preventing the Jets from signing other FAs. Not a great look to start with.

It’s going to blow up so bad because Aaron is such an ego maniac and Hackett is a yes man. Saleh looking like a good coach and is going to allow his program to implode from within. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's a great look to me. My guess is he really doesn't want to go there but he will because of $$$$$.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

It's a great look to me. My guess is he really doesn't want to go there but he will because of $$$$$.

I mean, I cant blame these guys. Rodgers, Matt Ryan last year... These guys get $50M guaranteed each year just for showing up. Why stop showing up?!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I havent seen any of that, but would love to. twitter rumblings im guessing?

dude hasnt even shown up yet and has already overstayed his welcome LOL

Edited by BillsShredder83

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I agree.  The Jets bringing in Rodgers is essentially a rental that is going to cost them gobs of money and draft capital.  It is the ultimate win now move by a GM and coach desperate to save their jobs.  

Their jobs shouldn't be in danger, other than QB, and that's big, they've built a high quality roster. Rodgers will be a huge get for them and he will sign by tomorrow, I'm pretty certain of that.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I havent seen any of that, but would love to. twitter rumblings im guessing?

dude hasnt even shown up yet and has already overstayed his welcome LOL

Yeah, it's just twit talk, likely all BS, but I like that bad mojo being put out there.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What could possibly be taking so long with this?

i saw a report that GB wants #1 pick this year and #2 next year that could turn into a #1 depending on how well Rodgers and the Jets do. Maybe the Jets don't want to give that up for a 40-year-old who will only be there a year or two at most.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What could possibly be taking so long with this?

I wonder if Green Bay has an early-retirement offer of a pile of cash to retire and get free money, and he's mulling over whether to take the retirement package or the Jets offer. Because you are right, what could be taking so long? What is there to really decide on at this point?

Just now, Gregg said:

i saw a report that GB wants #1 pick this year and #2 next year that could turn into a #1 depending on how well Rodgers and the Jets do. Maybe the Jets don't want to give that up for a 40-year-old who will only be there a year or two at most.

They arent even to that point yet tho, and reportedly arent negotiating on trade package until Rodgers makes his decision to officially allow the trade.

• Like (+1) 1