Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/packers-may-be-content-to-wait-until-the-draft-to-trade-aaron-rodgers/

"Per a league source, the Packers are willing to wait until the draft to trade Rodgers, if that’s what it takes to get what they want."

🤣

Why wouldn't they wait and leverage the Jets? They know the jets are all-in on rodgers at this point with little to no good fallback options. The jets are even signing free agents rodgers wants. What other choice do the jets have but to pay up? especially if rodgers indeed wants to go to NY. Packers would be dumb to settle for less. I hope they start asking for more assets! lol

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I heard he's going to be on McAfee tomorrow?!? Trying to find a confirmation, but if anyone knows, please post it. That would be... entertaining...

YEP

Shows up on the show: "Wait who's trying to trade for me?"

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/packers-may-be-content-to-wait-until-the-draft-to-trade-aaron-rodgers/

"Per a league source, the Packers are willing to wait until the draft to trade Rodgers, if that’s what it takes to get what they want."

🤣

Why wouldn't they wait and leverage the Jets? They know the jets are all-in on rodgers at this point with little to no good fallback options. The jets are even signing free agents rodgers wants. What other choice do the jets have but to pay up? especially if rodgers indeed wants to go to NY. Packers would be dumb to settle for less. I hope they start asking for more assets! lol

Because Aaron Rodgers is a Wild Card who could change his mind at any moment.  What if he decides to retire between then and now?  The Packers then get nothing for him.  

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I heard he's going to be on McAfee tomorrow?!? Trying to find a confirmation, but if anyone knows, please post it. That would be... entertaining...

YEP

As usual, McAfee will place his mic between Rodgers feet.  easier access.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

As usual, McAfee will place his mic between Rodgers feet.  easier access.

I'll give Rodgers this, IF he has been holding back all week just so he could announce it as an exclusive story on McAfee as a poke to Favre who is suing McAfee, then I'm all for it. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I'll give Rodgers this, IF he has been holding back all week just so he could announce it as an exclusive story on McAfee as a poke to Favre who is suing McAfee, then I'm all for it. 🤣

☝️ Here's your next 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' script. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why would this be a poke at Favre?   From all accounts Rodgers and Favre have become close.   Rodgers has been going on McAfee long before the Favre lawsuit.

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This Rodgers to Jets story has been flogged all week.  It will hardly be a big deal if he finally confirms this on that show.

If he does sign, then get ready for a lot of offseason hype with them. They will probably get a lot of primetime games being a big market NYC area team. I could see Jets at Cowboys as the Thanksgiving Day game. Dallas is scheduled to play the AFC team since the Bills played at Detroit last year. The only AFC teams going to Dallas this year are the Pats and Jets. One of the Bills-Jets games is a good bet for primetime as well.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you figure he asked the Jest not to say anything until he says it first on the show?

The Jets (and Green Bay) have nothing to say until Aaron gives GB the green light on the trade. That is why nothing has been announced yet.

He most likely didnt ask them anything, he doesnt need to, he's just doing his typical Aaron thing.

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

def a possibility. doing a solid for his boy

lol if the Jets have signed him, the story will break a minute later

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Jets (and Green Bay) have nothing to say until Aaron gives GB the green light on the trade. That is why nothing has been announced yet.

He most likely didnt ask them anything, he doesnt need to, he's just doing his typical Aaron thing.

I guess.  You're assuming the deal is done.  Sounds like the Packers are still haggling.