Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

IMO, the Jets were building something pretty scary and sustainable for the next 4 years+.   Looking at how they were doing with White, they were capable of beating anyone and were poised to take another step this year.  They needed to find an answer at QB... but I thought they would be a San Fran East and kind of skate by with the Whites and Garopollos of the world.  It really frightened me to think of them landing Lamar Jackson.  Even Carr or Jimmy G made me nervous.

This Rodgers thing basically makes this an all-in season for the Jets.  It adds a lot of uncertainty in the lockerroom.  He could melt down in the NYC market, throw his coach and GM under the bus.  He is already dictating roster moves.  It is going to cost them premium picks and a lot of cap space.

But it could click for 1 season.  Who knows?  It is a high immediate upside, but IMO this kind of undermines what they have been building.  I also doubt Rodgers will stay happy and playing very far from now into his 40s. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

is this a real question?  

It's been in the news...

The Packers don't want him back and it seems they are in no hurry to trade him---possibly until the draft.

I agree that GB is done with him, but I meant I don't think he's going to the Jets specifically.  

I don't really give a rat's ass where he goes, if it's not in the AFC East.

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Trying to look objectively at the rest of the AFC and this maybe gets the Jets into wildcard discussion.

Chiefs better 

Bengals better

Bills better

Dolphins better 

Ravens better

Chargers better 

Jags better 

maybe the Jets here??

Wildcard discussion? Let's get the Bills in the wild card 🙏

lets recap; Aaron now owns;

Packers FO

Darkness

Bears Franchise

Soldier Field 

Lambeau

Green Bay

2 of the Great lakes

Wi public as they own the team

Pat McAfee Show

Lazard Cobb Mercedes Lewis

Jets FO

coming soon

OBJ 

Atlantic Ocean

Jersey

NYC

AaronLife Stadium

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Jets have to get considerably better at O-Line to be AFC favorites, but they certainly are more dangerous with Rodgers.  It's not a guarantee that Rodgers will be the Rodgers we've seen on the packers for years in NY either. Look at Wilson or Watson as recent examples. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Passing on breece hall just became a nightmare.  Not only do you pass on the superbowl now it's the Jets turn..anybody but them ..sheeshz

Omg you sound like these Jet fans. This off-season will be miserable for me being surrounded by these guys, they are the worse...

They're talking SB. Haven't been to a playoff gm in 15 years. We're still the team to beat

Yall just got ptsd from our only blowout loss in 2 years. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

While I understand efforts here to minimize will shift into overdrive, fact is this move would place the Jets behind only the Chiefs and Bengals in the AFC. Who knows if they'll meet expectations, but the landscape is changing...

Edited by Airseven
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

While I understand efforts here to minimize will shift into overdrive, fact is this move would place the Jets behind only the Chiefs and Bengals in the AFC. Who knows if they'll meet expectations, but the landscape is changing...

not at all.  they'll be much better, but even yesterday analysists on sirius nfl made the comment that the bills will still be the team to beat in the east.  it's a much closer conversation though.

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I agree that GB is done with him, but I meant I don't think he's going to the Jets specifically.  

I don't really give a rat's ass where he goes, if it's not in the AFC East.

Why should the Bills fear him?  Jared Goff beat him twice last year--including in GB, with a WC spot on the line.

• Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Every blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile, we did it. 

LOL I thought of that when pointing it out, that we were a great example ourselves of wandering the desert and finding the oasis, finally. Still in this case, they are set up for a bird in the hand. They should be very good with Aaron. I'd have taken my chances on another Wilson!

7 minutes ago, Airseven said:

He had the exact same team in a lousy NFC last year - arguably a better one.  

No.  Sorry.  The Jets D stayed fully healthy and defenses in the NFL can change quickly with 1 or 2 injuries.  

The question of how good he still is and how much he still cares are legitimate.  

Edited by Big Blitz

11 minutes ago, cba fan said:

lets recap; Aaron now owns;

Packers FO

Darkness

Bears Franchise

Soldier Field 

Lambeau

Green Bay

2 of the Great lakes

Wi public as they own the team

Pat McAfee Show

Lazard Cobb Mercedes Lewis

Jets FO

coming soon

OBJ 

Atlantic Ocean

Jersey

NYC

AaronLife Stadium

1B02E076-64E5-4C38-89E1-7F4A2DC5C6AE.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Airseven said:

They'd all rather lose with Cook having potential than actually run between the tackles like a real team does paired with defense. Whoever wears the colors is untouchable.

• Eyeroll 1