Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Jordan Schultz on Twitter: "Aaron Rodgers: “This isn’t a decision day. … In fact, that’s already happened.” 👀" / Twitter

Sounds like the Packers are the ones holding up the deal. 

he just confirmed that. he has leverage over both these teams at this point, and i think thats part of his angle on the "90% retiring" comment.  he can make GB accept a reasonable trade offer. its easy to say, hes bluffing he wont retire, hold out for top compensation.... but hes such a diff dude i could see him doing it.

A. He wants to get this deal done asap, nobody likes being in limbo

B. I think its a given Jets give up this years first, but i doubt he wants them giving up much more this year as they need an OL. Weve seen this scenario before (cant remember who?)

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

This guy is such a fluppin 🤡 it's unreal. He's up here on his soapbox about the Pack and Jordan Love. Soft dude, you're soft. He wasn't 90% on retiring with $58M on his plate. Not buying it. He's gonna get eaten alive in NY if he goes there. 

Re your last sentence: what do you mean? To me, it sounds like a win, win, win for: AR, the Packers, and the Jets. And of course, the Jets will now be a serious contender to win the AFC East.

never been a fan of Rodgers tbh.   he def talented,  one of the greats skill wise.    i like him even less now after the ramp up to this announcement.    ill give him credit for telling Schefter to lose his number though,  thats top tier right there.

Jets are getting a guy who will kill their cap,  said he was 90% retired.  has mbe 2 or 3 years left,  didnt play great last year,  and will have to give up something valuable to get this trade done.    unless they go all in on the OLine,  and try to win a SB next season , i dont see this being good for the Jets.     then again,  anybody will be better at QB for the Jets than what they had last year.   whatever.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Packers have all the leverage. What are the jets going to do? Refuse to pay two 1sts now that Rodgers went public with his desire to play in NY? 

Yes, then Packers are forced to keep him and pay him $60M this season

Just now, bigduke6 said:

never been a fan of Rodgers tbh.   he def talented,  one of the greats skill wise.    i like him even less now after the ramp up to this announcement.    ill give him credit for telling Schefter to lose his number though,  thats top tier right there.

he say that on PMT? ahahahhaha i hate schefty lol thats amazing

5 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Re your last sentence: what do you mean? To me, it sounds like a win, win, win for: AR, the Packers, and the Jets. And of course, the Jets will now be a serious contender to win the AFC East.

The NY media is going to eat him alive. He's soft. His wittle feelings get hurt too easily. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Trying to look objectively at the rest of the AFC and this maybe gets the Jets into wildcard discussion.

Chiefs better 

Bengals better

Bills better

Dolphins better 

Ravens better

Chargers better 

Jags better 

maybe the Jets here??

this makes the Jets a contender for the east imo.   b4 Breece Hall got hurt the offense wasnt terrible,  and their D is Legit good.    comes down to whether or not the Jets can protect Rodgers in the pocket.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Trying to look objectively at the rest of the AFC and this maybe gets the Jets into wildcard discussion.

Chiefs better 

Bengals better

Bills better

Dolphins better 

Ravens better

Chargers better 

Jags better 

maybe the Jets here??

The Jets lost 6 one score games last year, mainly because of QB play. If they had a better QB last year they definitely would have made the Playoffs imo. Rodgers, if it's the 2020 & 2021 version, will help them a lot. But each season is a new one. Injuries happen, schedules change, and everything starts over new. 

• Like (+1) 1