Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

51 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Right, cause we never needed a run game til the Jets were legit. If it wasn't for Rodgers we coulda went for Deuce Vaughn and wasted more of Allen's career 

what does rodgers have to do with not getting a rb we wont be drafting lol

It's gonna be fun if things go a little sideways there - Aaron's gonna go in pouty displeasure mode pretty quickly - and don't forget Hackett is there for the NY media to skewer as well 

42 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well, the cap hit is still on their books until they trade him, and they have their own moves to make.

didnt even think of this angle.  everyones interest is in getting this done fast, Gb has leverage on jets, AR has leverage on GB, and the jets...... have no leverage. their best bet is to cave into demands and have trade conditions built in to protect them if he only plays 1 yr. theyre still gunna get ragdolled lol

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Analysists never go out on a limb til it's already happened. Then they are safe. Everyone knows the hardest piece to get is the qb.  No analysists needed

what?  the jets are renting a qb for a year or two.  who know if he'll mesh.  who knows if he'll adapt well to being in ny...the media, the fans, his team may grow tired of him, etc.  just having him makes them better, but it's completely in theory for now.  i have no idea about the safe stuff.  are you implying they're saying the media is saying the bills will be better than the jets, (assuming rodgers signs) until rodgers actually signs the paper?  they know he's going to ny, and that comment was made directed at that.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

shocking. old news announced....

As I said, the Packers probably want more than Jets offer.   they will let them sweat this one, no hurry. 

It’s weird but why wouldn’t it be.  There were reports earlier in the week that the Jets and Pack had already agreed on the compensation and that it was up to Rodgers.  Now Rodgers says the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

Rodgers seems motivated. He could have a good season there. But he turns 40 this season. It’s an all-in move for the Jets. Are they ready for that? We will see.

For the Bills, it is what it is. Hopefully it motivates them to get better. But they already have a damn good team so I’m not worried.

We play the Jets 2 times next year. It’s not like this massively impacts the Bills here.  No reason to freak out. We went 1-1 against them last year and still finished with 13 wins.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

what?  the jets are renting a qb for a year or two.  who know if he'll mesh.  who knows if he'll adapt well to being in ny...the media, the fans, his team may grow tired of him, etc.  just having him makes them better, but it's completely in theory for now.  i have no idea about the safe stuff.  are you implying they're saying the media is saying the bills will be better than the jets, (assuming rodgers signs) until rodgers actually signs the paper?  they know he's going to ny, and that comment was made directed at that.

No. I'm implying they'll say a division winner is always better until someone else has a better record.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Rodgers seems motivated. He could have a good season there. But he turns 40 this season. It’s an all-in move for the Jets. Are they ready for that? We will see.

For the Bills, it is what it is. Hopefully it motivates them to get better. But they already have a damn good team so I’m not worried.

We play the Jets 2 times next year. It’s not like this massively impacts the Bills here.  No reason to freak out. We went 1-1 against them last year and still finished with 13 wins.

that's your takeaway from his behavior for the past year? 

That's one way to look at it, I guess. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, I thought he looked disinterested last season. I meant he seemed motivated for this season based on what he said on his appearance on the pat mcafee show today.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

For real. He just said on McAfee that when he went into his darkness thing a couple weeks ago, he was 90% retiring/10% playing. Even if he says he had an awakening and is all-in right now, that's a tough sell.

26 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

No, I thought he looked disinterested last season. I meant he seemed motivated for this season based on what he said on his appearance on the pat mcafee show today.

Until the first bad practice/press conference/game/whatever, and then that 90% retiring starts creeping back in.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

For real. He just said on McAfee that when he went into his darkness thing a couple weeks ago, he was 90% retiring/10% playing. Even if he says he had an awakening and is all-in right now, that's a tough sell.

I cant wait for the NYC media to rip him apart, the media love affair in Green Bay is long gone.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Until the first bad practice/press conference/game/whatever, and then that 90% retiring starts creeping back in.

The Worst GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Haha (+1) 2