Trevon Diggs trying to get his brother in Dallas

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Look. I am not exactly for this move and that being said you have a horrible narrative going on that good teams need a true #1 WR. Even worse you assume to make it to a big game (not in your words but it how you put it) you need a true #1 WR to make it to the SB. This is a horrible narrative going around lately that to be good, you must have a true #1 and a true #2 WR.

Now lets talk about KC yes? they in the SB yes? Their #1 WR is ranked in the mid 30's and their #2 WR is ranked in the 50's. The point is, many teams do quite find with a 2A and a 2B WR. 

So... The argument is, If you pick up a true #2 in the FA and Draft someone that has the potential to be a potential #1 with the extra draft capital to add even more to your offensive line? then one would assume that fixes many things all in one shot. 

I myself do not assume anything, because our draft accuracy has not been the greatest. But in theory he is correct. 

The Bills struggled cause JA did not have enough time to go through reads, needing better WR because the OL stunk. I would rather have a top 5 OL and a WR #2A and a WR #2B then waste time with a top 5 WR and not be able to get him the ball cause of lack pass blocking. 

you have a #1A and a #1B WR for 2 reasons... Not a good QB or not a good OLINE.   Fix the OLINE.

Travis Kelce is the Chiefs best receiver, so let's not pretend that a receiver needs to lineup on the outside or the slot to be able to fill that roll.  That's #1.  

Our offense proved this very year that our WR1 is not enough in the playoffs against good teams even with a generational talent like JA17 at QB. When the opponent can double one guy and roll coverage towards that guy and nobody else is of real concern to get open on a consistent basis, you indeed have a problem at WR. That's #2.

This discussion is about Diggs and his contributions and role in this offense.  Nobody said we don't need changes to the OL.  That's #3.

An O-line change is not going to fix the issues with Davis not catching balls he should've had and should be expected to make as WR2.  That's #4.

14 minutes ago, Momma Pecoraro said:

He gets fed more balls than anyone else. Dropped some key catchable ones too. He’s not getting younger, not fast, and is neutralized by bracketing. Get something for him and hope the mediocre scouting staff can nail a replacement. Better a year early.  There’s only one indispensable player on the Bills. 

Your WR1 gets fed more balls on any team.  That's how it works. That's why he's WR1. And his drops are insignificant compared to the number of big catches he's made.

And considering the Bills would have to eat $12M in dead cap this off-season to get rid of the best receiver on this team, I can't see a dumber idea.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Say more.

I was thinking the opposite.

3 hours ago, Momma Pecoraro said:

Trade him. Get a first. Lose the salary. Find your Justin Jefferson on cost control. Great player who is a declining asset at an exorbitant price. Should have traded him last off season. This team has massive holes. Best build a wall around Josh and hope he continues to be more than human.

Momma Momma we're all crazy now!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

KC was going to resign Hill untill the Christian Kirk deal reset the market.  At that point, KC pivoted to the trade becasue they were not willing to pay the going rate.  They COULD have, but it would have meant squeezing the cap even more.  It wasn't about Hills role, although AFTER being traded and having a podcast, Hill said something about his target share (which is pretty silly, he was targetted a TON) Anyhow, once the money and cap didn't work anymore, then they moved on from Hill.  

Also...Diggs wouldn't bring back the return Hill did.  Diggs is a really good WR, but he isn't as dynamic as HIll and he's more QB dependent than Hill is.  Hill has now put up numbers with Alex Smith, Mahomes, and Tua...and you can make a case he helped Tua....which is why the Dolphins wanted him.  

FWIW, I think Diggs is with the Bills in 2023.  No trade, and certainly not one where you guys get a 1 back from anyone.  

Ignoring dead money that prevents a deal this year, Diggs would absolutely fetch a 1 based on his last 3 seasons. His tape is insane, and his production matches it. 

19 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I was thinking the opposite.

Momma Momma we're all crazy now!

Run run away!

38 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Your WR1 gets fed more balls on any team.  That's how it works. That's why he's WR1. And his drops are insignificant compared to the number of big catches he's made.

And considering the Bills would have to eat $12M in dead cap this off-season to get rid of the best receiver on this team, I can't see a dumber idea.

How many games was Jefferson neutralized? Get younger.

3 years of the same failure. Nothing dumber than more of the same. 

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s obvious Diggs talked to his brother and there’s more to it then just the Bengals game sideline stuff…Hey I say we call up Jerry and say Micah for Steff straight up… They get the brothers together we get Micah to play with Von and then we draft all offense for Josh 

We aren’t trading Diggs.  They can tweet all they like, but the Bills would take on a dead cap hit of something like $37M by trading Diggs.

No How, No Way

But, Trevon Diggs has been lobbying to get Stefon to Dallas since last season, so I don’t think this is anything new.

46 minutes ago, Momma Pecoraro said:

Run run away!

How many games was Jefferson neutralized? Get younger.

3 years of the same failure. Nothing dumber than more of the same. 

He was neutralized by the 9-7-1  G-Men in their own house. Might want to rethink that one.

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Look. I am not exactly for this move and that being said you have a horrible narrative going on that good teams need a true #1 WR. Even worse you assume to make it to a big game (not in your words but it how you put it) you need a true #1 WR to make it to the SB. This is a horrible narrative going around lately that to be good, you must have a true #1 and a true #2 WR.

Now lets talk about KC yes? they in the SB yes? Their #1 WR is ranked in the mid 30's and their #2 WR is ranked in the 50's. The point is, many teams do quite find with a 2A and a 2B WR. 

This seems to ignore the apparent fact that KC very much has a #1 receiver.  Wide receiver, No.  But Travis Kelce is very much a #1 receiver for KC,  #3 in receptions, #8 for receiving yards - not for TE, for EVERYONE.

Edited by Beck Water

8 minutes ago, Momma Pecoraro said:

H

how many games in the latter half of the year and playoffs was diggs neutralized the past three years?

deep thoughts.

Because he's the only legit threat the Bills have, which I've already explained to you. It's not rocket science to understand that a defense can isolate one WR if that's their only true weapon.

I'm more concerned about the Dan Patrick interview than whatever Trevon is saying.

Diggs is still coming across as cold towards Josh - as said, not even calling him by name, and certainly not stating it's all brushed under the carpet. The relationship between the QB and the WR1 is the key one on the field for the offense. It's not coming across as very strong at the moment; especially considering how it seemingly used to be.

Believe me or not- I don’t really care.

However, I am friends with a current bills player. The beef between Josh and Diggs is real. They had a big blow up in the immediate aftermath of the bengals game.  The player said their relationship is, and has been, “interesting”. They can be like brothers, but Josh walks on eggshells with Diggs and often has to “be the bigger person” in their spats, largely to keep the peace and keep the offense in tact. For what it’s worth, the player said that there seems to be wearing on Josh and he is starting to push back, which may put a permanent strain on their relationship.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Now that’s more concerning.

ESPN did an interview with him and his brother earlier this year. They're VERY close. Steph basically raised him. In the ESPN piece they talked about Trevon coming to Buffalo. If you listen to the interview he just keeps repeating he wants to play with his brother. Which, I mean, if I was a millionaire elite athlete and so was my brother, I think I would like to do the same thing. He mentions that he's followed the Cowboys much more since Trevon has been there and he liked them when he was a kid. Outside of that it's just I want to play with my brother. Now maybe that's here, maybe it's Dallas, somewhere else or never, but he has been nothing but committed to us. 

28 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This is another much to do about about nothing, just like the WR coach leaving (I didn't even know his name until he left and people went crazy about it this AM LOL)

Taking pride in ignorance is folly. There were several legitimate reasons for a Bills fan and for a football fan in general to know who Chad Hall is. 1 is the performance of Bills WRs since his arrival. 2 is the infectious energy that guy brings to the sideline. Watch him as guys come off the field. He's good with his group. 3 is the league's perception of him, which I'll gamble on and guess that after a year or two in Pederson's offense, we'll see Hall shooting up the offensive coaching ranks. There was positive chatter prior to 2022. Reason 4 is (and remember, these are simply reasons a Bills fan for sure or a football fan in general should know who Chad Hall is) that he looks a little too much like Mathew Stafford's wife, who we've seen much more of in recent years...

12 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

However, I am friends with a current bills player. The beef between Josh and Diggs is real. They had a big blow up in the immediate aftermath of the bengals game.  The player said their relationship is, and has been, “interesting”. They can be like brothers, but Josh walks on eggshells with Diggs and often has to “be the bigger person” in their spats, largely to keep the peace and keep the offense in tact. For what it’s worth, the player said that there seems to be wearing on Josh and he is starting to push back, which may put a permanent strain on their relationship.

If this is true it would be comical but make sense. Diggs is still the Alpha. I don't care that Allen is a bigger star or the QB. Allen is goofy and not the least bit confrontational while Diggs just doesn't give a F.  If you envision a pre-madonna moment between the two with that dynamic it's not a pretty thought. 

I don't think much of this is real, if any of it. Some of it makes some sense if you just visualize them in a moment like this, but you could argue not giving a F would be a greater sin. If they don't get along it seems like the root tends to be wins and losses with a dash of get me the ball, but not enough to bother me.   

4 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

I've got some ocean front property for sale in arizona, you interested?

7 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

Don’t get how Diggs is being the bigger person if it’s Josh who walks on eggshells. Otherwise, that would add up with Diggs’ coldness towards Josh in the Dan Patrick interview.

11 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

This is bad. And I 100% believe you. It makes sense with what we saw against the Bengals, Diggs laying into Allen on the sideline and Allen just staring straight ahead ignoring it as if he's been through this a thousand times before. It's hard enough for an NFL offense to function without the QB having to worry about how one of his targets will react to any given choice he makes. It's why the Chiefs got rid of Tyreek Hill, they didn't like that he was demanding the ball which put pressure on Mahomes to force throws to him instead of taking the best available option.

I really don't like where this is heading.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is one of the dumbest media-created stories I've seen in a while.

One brother is 12 months away from being a UFA as things currently stand, the other is signed through 2027...Both their respective teams are over the projected 2023 cap...Yet every bit of all the speculation is that the brothers would unite on the team that has to make some serious maneuvers just to re-sign the younger brother to what will certainly be a massive CB contract. And the potential dead cap ramifications to Buffalo for trading Diggs prior to the 2026 off-season are substantial. The lowest dead cap amount before 2026 is 18.2 million in 2025...I mean sure...Anything is possible...But the odds are ridiculously high. 

It's a non story...And as massively unlikely as it is, I think it's a little more likely the Bills could bring the younger brother in after 2024 assuming he does not re-sign and is franchised for one year. B-)

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

What else have you heard?

Did they say anything about what the sense of the team is as far as their needs go?  Is there an acknowledgement they need to get more weapons and improve the OL?  

Feelings about Dorsey or Frazier?

41 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

What else have you heard?

Did they say anything about what the sense of the team is as far as their needs go?  Is there an acknowledgement they need to get more weapons and improve the OL?  

Feelings about Dorsey or Frazier?

I haven’t heard much about Dorsey or Frazier. I don’t get the sense he like to talk poorly about current players/coaches. The player is an offensive player and one thing that is interesting is he said that if he has an option to play for daboll im the future, he would love to. He said daboll is the best coach he ever had (he said this last off-season, before it was as obvious how good a coach Daboll is). 

He hasn't said much about specific needs but he said that the bills biggest offensive problem is the lack of efficiency at getting 6-8 yards when they just need to move the chains. He said that skill is what made Brady the Goat, and what the bengals and chiefs do at a much higher level than we do. He said he wasn’t sure whether Josh, other personnel, or scheme where most to blame for this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I haven’t heard much about Dorsey or Frazier. I don’t get the sense he like to talk poorly about current players/coaches. The player is an offensive player and one thing that is interesting is he said that if he has an option to play for daboll im the future, he would love to. He said daboll is the best coach he ever had (he said this last off-season, before it was as obvious how good a coach Daboll is). 

He hasn't said much about specific needs but he said that the bills biggest offensive problem is the lack of efficiency at getting 6-8 yards when they just need to move the chains. He said that skill is what made Brady the Goat, and what the bengals and chiefs do at a much higher level than we do. He said he wasn’t sure whether Josh, other personnel, or scheme where most to blame for this.

Thanks - good stuff!

13 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I love Dabs and I think he was able to keep Josh in check and reel him back in if he got into hero ball mode.  I don't get the same sense from Dorsey and I think Dorsey's play calling feeds that tendency.

I was fine with Dorsey taking over for Dabs since I thought the offense would look essentially identical.  That's not what we got and the offense often times seemed to have no rhyme or reason for the plays being called and they lacked the ability to play situational football.  I hope they can figure that out this off season.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

Josh can curl Steff…I would advise Steff to tread carefully instead 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.