Draft Stetson Bennett as our backup.

TC in St. Louis

Hear me out.

The year is 2018. UGA is in the Rose Bowl. BIG TIME QB Jake Fromm goes 20/29 for 2 TD and no INT. THEY WIN.

In 2019, WINNER JAKE FROM goes 12-2 and puts up INSANE stats.

Somehow, he drops to the 5th round in the 2020 draft .... WHAT???

The Bills HAVE TO DRAFT HIM TO BACKUP JOSH ALLEN....

THEY DO!!!!

And the rest is history, my friends.

We have the chance to do this all over again in 2023... how the heck could we say no?

😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do think there is merit in the Bills taking a backup QB somewhere later in the draft or at least seeking out a UDFA who has an actual shot to compete in pre-season. 

But no to Bennett. No to Georgia game managers. I still have Fromm flashbacks. 

Exactly what I was thinking re: Fromm.  In any event, I think we're in UDFA territory on that issue given our relative dearth of picks. 

22 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'd probably rather have Duggan.  

22 hours ago, wppete said:

I’d rather have the TCU QB. 

On 2/6/2023 at 10:51 AM, Dr. Who said:

I'm an UGA fan, but certainly this is correct. I don't know that we even have the luxury of a late round pick on a qb, but I think Max Duggan could be worth a flier.

^these.  My daughter goes to TCU and I watched every TCU game this year.  A smaller version of Allen, albeit with a weaker arm.  He carried that team this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

When you have a young/superstar QB like Josh Allen and Super Bowl hopes, then drafting another QB before Day 3 is really a waste.

We only need a backup QB in the event Allen gets injured.  And if that happens, I don't want an unproven rookie coming off the bench.  I want a veteran who can limit mistakes and avoid a losing streak while he recovers.  Guys like Mitch Trubisky and Case Keenum are the way to go.

Project QBs are really for teams without a franchise guy... or teams with one nearing the end of their career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

When you have a young/superstar QB like Josh Allen and Super Bowl hopes, then drafting another QB before Day 3 is really a waste.

We only need a backup QB in the event Allen gets injured.  And if that happens, I don't want an unproven rookie coming off the bench.  I want a veteran who can limit mistakes and avoid a losing streak while he recovers.  Guys like Mitch Trubisky and Case Keenum are the way to go.

Project QBs are really for teams without a franchise guy... or teams with one nearing the end of their career.

Given the current construction of the Bills, you want someone good enough to get you 3-4 solid outings, but, in the event it's season ending for Allen, suck sufficiently enough over the course of a season that we're able to draft Ja'marr Chase.

• 3 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.