Draft Stetson Bennett as our backup.

TC in St. Louis

On 5/18/2023 at 9:36 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Plenty of players enter the league with no diploma.  At that level, they aren’t there for the education, but for the exposure that will get them drafted.  This has been true for many years. No diploma. Bogus, unearned diploma. There’s no difference.  This is suddenly “odd”? It’s how it works.

it’s certainly “odd” to consider any of this “a red flag”…

Yeah, plenty enter with no diploma after 3 or 4 years, maybe 5? Not 7. I know they’re not there to play school, they’re forced to go this way if they want to make it to the NFL. 

It’s more so that he was there for 175% of the prescribed time to be in college and didn’t have enough credits to graduate? Not really a slight on Bennett, just odd circumstances. 

I never considered anything a red flag - I specifically said it was odd. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, plenty enter with no diploma after 3 or 4 years, maybe 5? Not 7. I know they’re not there to play school, they’re forced to go this way if they want to make it to the NFL. 

It’s more so that he was there for 175% of the prescribed time to be in college and didn’t have enough credits to graduate? Not really a slight on Bennett, just odd circumstances. 

I never considered anything a red flag - I specifically said it was odd. 

It was 6 years. 5 at Georgia, one at JUCO.

He majored in football, like 99% of every NFL player.  He just didn't get the piece of paper with the "BS in General Studies" on his way out.  At least he's not pretending to be a college grad.  

None of this is odd. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He majored in football, like 99% of every NFL player.  He just didn't get the piece of paper with the "BS in General Studies" on his way out.  At least he's not pretending to be a college grad.  

None of this is odd. 

You are aware that the Rams drafted him, not the Pats, correct?  

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

None of this is odd. 

My apologies great and wise Mr. WEO. 

• Haha (+1) 1

We just need a reliable veteran for at least 6 years.  The Bridgewaters

of the world.  Can get you 2-2 in a 4 game stretch.  Not an untested rookie.  That’s a historic mistake.

If we’re going to spend a little $ on a reliable backup, I’m fine as Trubisky and others are fine.  I don’t care about Barkley on the PS as he’s probably good for the room.

In about 6 years when the year is right we draft a developmental guy.  That would be Josh’s 12th year as a starter.  We would have three years to develop maybe not the next Josh, but at least the next starting QB.

That’s 15 years of SuperAllen.  I couldn’t think of a better 15 years.  The next hopefully really good QB can hold us over and we’ll see.  A developmental guy is a waste of a resource right now.

We keep building up and restocking this team over the next decade.  Skill players and linemen come and go.  Maybe we finally pull out O Line together as some of these guys last a long time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.