Draft Stetson Bennett as our backup.

TC in St. Louis

The kid is a winner.  He's projected as anywhere from a 5th round pick to priority undrafted free agent.  You probably know his story and how hard he worked to become the quarterback for the national champs.  At some point we're gonna have to get somebody for the backup role.  He'd be on a rookie contract, and might be a great choice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 5

That guy knows he doesn't have what it takes to play in the NFL and is just milking his college gig for everything it's got.

Also Stetson Bennett just sounds like what ChatGPT would return if you asked it "What is the most football name for a player you can think of?"

• Haha (+1) 2

Yeah I think our backup winds up being Case Keenum another year.  I could see a returning Mitch Trubisky, Sam Darnold, or Kyle Allen when the Texans probably cut him after the draft.

No interest in Bennett. Bennett is just a older, less talented Jake Fromm. He is really actually older than Fromm which is amazing to me. 

I'd rather they draft and develop a guy at some point, with real upside. Still an older prospect, but I like his upside is Hendon Hooker. Probably avalable very late in the draft coming off that injury. I like his game and he has that upside that seems worth developing. 

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do think there is merit in the Bills taking a backup QB somewhere later in the draft or at least seeking out a UDFA who has an actual shot to compete in pre-season. 

But no to Bennett. No to Georgia game managers. I still have Fromm flashbacks. 

I'm an UGA fan, but certainly this is correct. I don't know that we even have the luxury of a late round pick on a qb, but I think Max Duggan could be worth a flier.

2 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

The kid is a winner.  He's projected as anywhere from a 5th round pick to priority undrafted free agent.  You probably know his story and how hard he worked to become the quarterback for the national champs.  At some point we're gonna have to get somebody for the backup role.  He'd be on a rookie contract, and might be a great choice.

George Kittle

Stephon Diggs

Tyreek Hill 

were taken in 5th round. No sense in wasting a potential pick on a backup QB when we have Allen. 

We need to find the next Hill or Diggs

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.