Sign FA Saquon Barkley and draft OL

WNY

Bills need to go all in and sign Saquon Barkley and draft OL help. I know it will require a lot of cap space and maneuvering, but could be done. Hopefully he will not require an extremely long term contract and will believe that he could win a SB here in Buffalo. Eisen believes this is what we should do and I agree.

https://youtu.be/2yu0eu-jQW0 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, WNY said:

Bills need to go all in and sign Saquon Barkley and draft OL help. I know it will require a lot of cap space and maneuvering, but could be done. Hopefully he will not require an extremely long term contract and will believe that he could win a SB here in Buffalo. Eisen believes this is what we should do and I agree.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WNY said:

Why not just draft Bijan Robinson?? Cheaper and you have him for 5 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WNY said:

Lots of ways to skin this cat....Josh Jacobs, Pollard, M Sanders, J Williams etc....lots of guys who are an upgrade to Singletary to pair with Cook. I'd still sign a free agent lineman and draft two.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why not just draft Bijan Robinson?? Cheaper and you have him for 5 years. 

If he's still there when we draft? Possibly a good chance, but why not save the first pick on OL help?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WNY said:

Barkley on his 2nd contract and having been injured so much in his first, is well aware that an RB's career is short in the NFL

He's going to go for as many $$, as big guarantees, and as long years as he can get - and why shouldn't he?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WNY said:

We need a legit WR2 more than we need a RB.  And OL help as you said. If we fix the OL, Cook is more than capable of being our feature back.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Disagree 2

are we still running a "bombs away!" offensive scheme?  Will Borkley get more than 8 carries a game?  Will Beane revisit his stubborn refusal to invest in the OL?  If you answer yes to any of those questions than the answer is no, why bother?  Chances are Beane drafts another can't miss prospect at DL.  Probably undersized and high motor, if I had to guess

5 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Lots of ways to skin this cat....Josh Jacobs, Pollard, M Sanders, J Williams etc....lots of guys who are an upgrade to Singletary to pair with Cook. I'd still sign a free agent lineman and draft two.

Jacobs would be a great pickup, but no way he's now resigning with the Raiders. 

16 minutes ago, WNY said:

Do we really see the Giants letting Barkley out of the building & then do the Bills have the cap space to bring him in ??? 

That would be awesome but i'm not seeing it happen in this lifetime but that's just me .

7 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Sign Damian Harris for a lot cheaper and have him and Cook split the load.

Like that thought a lot.  Harris is 1st down/2nd down between the tackles grinder.  Short yardage relief to Josh too.  If they do not go for one of the 2 premium RB's in the draft, this is a very viable and budget friendly option.

13 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Like that thought a lot.  Harris is 1st down/2nd down between the tackles grinder.  Short yardage relief to Josh too.  If they do not go for one of the 2 premium RB's in the draft, this is a very viable and budget friendly option.

We need a bigger RB. The 200 lbs RBs that they keep drafting are having trouble getting tough yards.

22 minutes ago, T master said:

Do we really see the Giants letting Barkley out of the building & then do the Bills have the cap space to bring him in ??? 

That would be awesome but i'm not seeing it happen in this lifetime but that's just me .

No RB we put back there is going to dazzle until we fix the O-line.  We need a legit WR2 and to fix this line.  Cook is capable of being our feature back in this style of offense if we can finally get some good blocking rather than having running plays blown up in the backfield.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

We need a bigger RB. The 200 lbs RBs that they keep drafting are having trouble getting tough yards.

yeah especially when they line up 15 yards behind Josh and are getting hit 5 yards behind the line because of our turnstile OL

Nope. 

BTW I was thinking earlier of what the Giants did when they drafted Barkley. They invested a lot of money in their OL, drafted him, and figured Eli would do the job with this extra help.

It didn't work, at all. Yet it really made sense. Plans don't always work out. Though we ALL know with a better OLine, Josh would kill defenses, and Davis would suddenly look like a #2 receiver, while Knox' numbers would go way up. 

Yet the Giants show even if you throw money at the OLine, there are no guarantees. I do like to odds though! It's sure is worth the try.

• Like (+1) 1

No thanks. We dont call enough run plays, and the runs we do call are poorly designed and timed. Not worth the money to sign a big name RB and not use him.

Frankly, between Allen, Cook, and being able to re-sign Singletary super cheap, we have all the RBs we need. Throw in Hines too.

And we dont use any of them as we should as it is.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

No RB we put back there is going to dazzle until we fix the O-line.  We need a legit WR2 and to fix this line.  Cook is capable of being our feature back in this style of offense if we can finally get some good blocking rather than having running plays blown up in the backfield.

And if Dorsey would adjust to a quick or 2 step passing game because of the pressure they were using it may help a bit too with the amount of pressure they were using to get to Josh he can't sit back & hold the ball like he did there just wasn't that kind of time & you can't expect the O line to hold that long .

So if adjustments in the passing game were made i think it would have helped to some degree but yes i do agree we need to get some better O linemen .

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No thanks. We dont call enough run plays, and the runs we do call are poorly designed and timed. Not worth the money to sign a big name RB and not use him.

Frankly, between Allen, Cook, and being able to re-sign Singletary super cheap, we have all the RBs we need. Throw in Hines too.

But drafting a bigger RB lets say 6' 225 lbs sure wouldn't hurt .

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t hate the idea, but it’s gotta come with improvements on the O-line. I’d much rather sign Barkley than Edmunds.  

I think people will miss Edmonds if he leaves in FA.  I know he is a whipping boy here among some fans, but he covers a lot of ground in the middle of the field with size and speed.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think people will miss Edmonds if he leaves in FA.  I know he is a whipping boy here among some fans, but he covers a lot of ground in the middle of the field with size and speed.  

Not saying we won’t, but you can’t pay a guy $20m per year that doesn’t sack QB’s or create turnovers.  Edmunds is the embodiment of The Frazier/Mcdermott defense.  He’s a good player but the guys you pay big money to gotta be game changers.  

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, T master said:

Giants still have to sign Jones. He played well for them this year. He won't get Mahomes/Allen money, but he should get a nice contract.

50 minutes ago, WNY said:

If he's still there when we draft? Possibly a good chance, but why not save the first pick on OL help?

No OL line up with the value of our pick. They don't fit the scheme they are slow power run scheme types. Best to sign a free agent and draft back to back guys in rounds 2 and 3 or 3 and 4.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WNY said:

I'm amazed at how many fans still want us to go after yet another RB for an offense that doesn't want to run the ball 🤪

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I don't get where these calls to spend a high draft pick on a RB or splurge on a FA RB are coming from.

Improve the line, our run game improves along with it.  IMO, Cook showed good progression all season once he started getting some decent snaps.  Our glaring need is clearly WR2 and the O-line.  If we don't fix those, who's in the backfield makes little difference.

20 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

How is it possible that people came away from that game the other day and arrived at the conclusion that we need a running back? Seriously? 

image.png.a8c2297b846348da971926aaa07c1396.png

LMAO, crazy isn't it.

12 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't get where these calls to spend a high draft pick on a RB or splurge on a FA RB are coming from.

Improve the line, our run game improves along with it.  IMO, Cook showed good progression all season once he started getting some decent snaps.  Our glaring need is clearly WR2 and the O-line.  If we don't fix those, who's in the backfield makes little difference.

LMAO, crazy isn't it.

Every year!

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Being able to read and run through blocks helps along with good contact balance. I like Jimbo, but I don't think he's a big fan of too much contact.

33 minutes ago, Lost said:

I'm amazed at how many fans still want us to go after yet another RB for an offense that doesn't want to run the ball 🤪

That's the problem that needs fixing. First and foremost!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.