Seahawks @ 49ers Playoff game thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Another run after catch, plenty of time and easy.  Now an easy td.  Maybe Bills/Dorsey should be watching.

A high school team would probably have success moving the ball on Seattle...they are terrible on defense.

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Purdy is in a no-win situation. He wins and he was supposed to. He loses? Memories will be short in the Bay Area fan base. He’s 23. And the average age isn’t much higher than that in the AFC. I guess as I get older I am more and more impressed with the pressure these kids are able to manage. 

What? Purdy has everything to gain. This is the hottest team in the NFL. And he has the best defense in the league. He has the ability to cement himself as a franchise QB with playoff success. 

SF seems like they can be the first plug n play QB team in the NFL, but that’s also a function of playing in the NFC. 

They can run through the conference, as currently situated, then they have two weeks to gameplan for what will likely be any of Allen, Mahomes, Burrow for the foreseeable future. 

Now, imagine them trying to run through that gauntlet of QB’s three weeks in a row with Brock Purdy..

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

What? Purdy has everything to gain. This is the hottest team in the NFL. And he has the best defense in the league. He has the ability to cement himself as a franchise QB with playoff success. 

I think he's referring to the long list of people that have been suggesting that his success is only due to everything around him.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is OK but against good teams/defenses he will get exposed. You can only scheme up so much.

The guy is 7-0 in the NFL.

Still waiting for those co-ordinators to "figure him out" any second now.

Just now, Simon said:

I think he's referring to the long list of people that have been suggesting that his success is only due to everything around him.

The guy is 7-0 in the NFL.

Still waiting for it.

That’s correct. 

Also, this game has all the aroma of a regular season Thursday night football game. 

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is OK but against good teams/defenses he will get exposed. You can only scheme up so much.

It's not like the Niners have had the toughest schedule. Out of the top 3 AFC teams and the top 3 NFC teams, they've played one (KC), and got crushed.

1 minute ago, balln said:

Who’s their competition  Been in those games.

A bunch of bad teams and 1 game against Seattle. They've had a very easy schedule this year only playing 1 team that finished better than 9-8 and they got smoked in that game(KC). It's going to be interesting to see if they're really this good or was it because of the easy schedule. Reminds me of Buffalo's #1 ranked defense last year.

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

They've had a very easy schedule this year only playing 1 team that finished better than 9-8 and they got smoked in that game(KC). 

whoa really?  Dang.

EDIT: of course, didn’t the Bills only play 2 games against such teams (Chiefs and Vikings)?  Would have been 3 if the Bengals game happened, but alas…

Edited by RiotAct

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

A bunch of bad teams and 1 game against Seattle. They've had a very easy schedule this year only playing 1 team that finished better than 9-8 and they got smoked in that game(KC). It's going to be interesting to see if they're really this good or was it because of the easy schedule. Reminds me of Buffalo's #1 ranked defense last year.

They did beat the 10-7 Chargers at home by 6. That's their only win vs a team with 10 or more wins.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Since he’s started the 49ers lead the league in scoring at 33ppg.  Up from 22

Yes because they have played a veritable who's who of sucky NFL teams:

Bucs, Seattle, Commanders, Raiders, Cardinals.

Edited by Big Turk

10 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

If you think their schedule was easy you should go look at the Eagles.

Edited by Big Turk

11 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Bingo 

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

He’s still looked really good and he seems very composed. I’m not saying he’s an all-pro but he looks pretty good. 

He was in total command of their offense 30 seconds after he walked on the field for the first time.

He's not going to be on highlight reels firing off 60yrd lasers or hurdling people, but there's a lot to be said for smart, tough QBs who know where the ball is supposed to be and when it's supposed to get there.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

He’s still looked really good and he seems very composed. I’m not saying he’s an all-pro but he looks pretty good. 

Like most rookies, I'll reserve judgment until next season once teams have more time to break things down in the offseason and then someone finds something that works against him and everyone else copies it.

Let's see what his counter to that is. That's where a lot of these stories come to an end. Once they get figured out, they have no effective counter to it.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

look it up 

I’m not literally asking. I know who they played. No one. Every one talks about “hot players “ / “teams.” No one accounts for the quality / difficulty of oppositions. It matters in the nfl 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.