Seahawks @ 49ers Playoff game thread

Simon

• Simon pinned this topic
Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Had a feeling hawks will cover but I’m prolly overthinking it. At some point here though some team is going to make Purdy look like a rookie. Could be today. 

People have been saying that for weeks; hasn't happened yet.

Although that was not a strong start for him. He doesn't miss a ton of throws but strung together a few questionable ones there.

Struggle with a wet ball?

First playoff nerves?

Is it stupid windy on the Cali coast?

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

People have been saying that for weeks; hasn't happened yet.

Although that was not a strong start for him. He doesn't miss a ton of throws but strung together a few questionable ones there.

Struggle with a wet ball?

First playoff nerves?

Is it stupid windy on the Cali coast?

Right but that was the reg season, playoffs are a different animal

Purdy is in a no-win situation. He wins and he was supposed to. He loses? Memories will be short in the Bay Area fan base. He’s 23. And the average age isn’t much higher than that in the AFC. I guess as I get older I am more and more impressed with the pressure these kids are able to manage. 

At this stage of the season, little things count.  The Geno Smith run should have been a long gain or TD.  Metcalf gave a half hearted block to the guy crossing the formation who ended up making the tackle.  If Metcalf did a better job, there was no one to the outside.  Little things.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Seatlle might have the most pourous defense I have seen all year...how the hell did they make the playoffs??

They're embarrassing.

The Lions would have at least brought the brass knuckles.

• Agree 1

Just now, Nitro said:

At this stage of the season, little things count.  The Geno Smith run should have been a long gain or TD.  Metcalf gave a half hearted block to the guy crossing the formation who ended up making the tackle.  If Metcalf did a better job, there was no one to the outside.  Little things.

Now imagine if that was Allen out there one on one with him...he might still be running. It's shocking to watch how easily other QBs go down after you are used to seeing Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Simon said:

Trey Lance would disagree

He may be a bad fit for they are asking him to do. I mean the 49ers have played like 6 QBs over the past 3 years and all of them to varying degrees have looked capable.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Seatlle might have the most pourous defense I have seen all year...how the hell did they make the playoffs??

Dumb luck.  Outside of SF that division was non-competitive.  I wish it was the Lions.  I don't expect the Seahawks to put up much of a fight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.