Best Case Scenario for AFC Playoffs

JY422

22 hours ago, JY422 said:

Rd 1:

Bills smash Dolphins - Ravens defeat Bengals - Jags defeat Bolts

Rd 2:

Bills smash Jags - Ravens defeat KC

Rd 3:

Ravens come to Buffalo and get SMASHED in the AFC Championship game by our Bills of destiny!

No KC or Cincy.  No neutral site. SB LVII road runs thru Orchard Park.

I think you've been sneaking some of that N2O @teefhas saved for after the game.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JY422 said:

Rd 1:

Rd 2:

Rd 3:

Ravens come to Buffalo and get SMASHED in the AFC Championship game by our Bills of destiny!

Ravens win without their quitter quarterback, doubtful.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

For my stress, I would want an easy path to the Super Bowl but my ideal scenario might actually be beating the Bengals and Chiefs along the way. And beating them badly. 

The thing about beating Mahomes badly is that teams have an annoying penchant to let him back in. I feel like he's had an abnormally high number of double 3+ score comebacks in the playoffs.

I have a hard time seeing the Ravens beating the Bengals.  The Bengals are on fire and the Ravens will most likely be playing with their 2nd or 3rd string QB.  Even if Lamar Jackson was playing, the Bengals would still be favored.  I could see KC being upset by the Chargers (or less likely, but possibly Jax).  KC has been beaten by some good teams (Bills, Bengals) and has strugged with some bad ones (Houston, Denver).

Based on their recent track records, plus how they played against the Bills in the first 1/2 quarter in the cancelled game, and the fact that they made it to the SB last year and were very competitive with the Rams, I believe that the Bengals are the biggest obstacle to the Bills getting through the AFC.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Not happening- the hardest scenario will happen. We will play the Bengals in the next round since both teams are getting through. I like that it is in Buffalo, though. The Bengals are the barrier to us going to the Super Bowl. If we beat them, we won't lose to the Chiefs no matter where the game is played. 

It is hard for a team to beat a team 3 times, so the Ravens have that going for them. Eliminate the turnovers last weekend and it is a much closer game. But I see the Bengals winning. 

I’ve always questioned this statement.  Has this ever been proven to be true?  If Team A and better than Team B, why would a third game be any harder than the first two?

Also, in this case, Baltimore did beat Cincy early in the season, so even if true, it wouldn’t be applicable here.

11 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Well didn't expect them to get to last yesrs super bowl and yet they did.  N

That's basically the opposite argument though.  Bengals got hot at the right time last season. We'd be having to talk about how the Ravens were hot right now and they certainly aren't.  They backed into the playoffs and Cincy beat them fairly easily last week.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

That's basically the opposite argument though.  Bengals got hot at the right time last season. We'd be having to talk about how the Ravens were hot right now and they certainly aren't.  They backed into the playoffs and Cincy beat them fairly easily last week.

Same 2 teams in back to back games doesn't guarantee same results.  I don't really care who wins because be a good team we play whichever team and I'm just saying it's 1 game at a time for every team now and no past results give any edge to games to be played.

21 minutes ago, dakrider said:

So who matches up better against the Chiefs,  Jax or Chargers???  I would say Jax does because of their team speed. But its hard to beat a team 3 times in 1 year as well and Chargers are familiar with KC.  

The Chargers always seem to find a way to screw things up though and are kinda like the Raiders this year in that regard. I'm actually surprised they made the playoffs.

Chiefs already beat Jax this season too and Jax really had no answer for Mahomes, who hit 4 different receivers for TDs.

Edited by Billz4ever

2 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Same 2 teams in back to back games doesn't guarantee same results.  I don't really care who wins because be a good team we play whichever team and I'm just saying it's 1 game at a time for every team now and no past results give any edge to games to be played.

Unless Anthony Brown can transform into Lamar Jackson between now and then, I don't see them having much of a chance.  Two picks and a 46 QB rating isn't going to get it done.

9 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I’ve always questioned this statement.  Has this ever been proven to be true?  If Team A and better than Team B, why would a third game be any harder than the first two?

Also, in this case, Baltimore did beat Cincy early in the season, so even if true, it wouldn’t be applicable here.

Yes- I realized after I posted that- Ravens did win. Maybe they have a chance? Their D is good. Just can’t turn it over 

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The Chargers always seem to find a way to screw things up though and are kinda like the Raiders this year in that regard. I'm actually surprised they made the playoffs.

Chief already beat Jax this season too and Jax really had no answer for Mahomes, who hit 4 different receivers for TDs.

Yes, KC beat the 3-6 Jags,  the 9-7 Jags will give them a tougher game I think.  

I was hoping Lamar Jackson would play, but it's not looking promising.  

The situation in that game will be similar to ours against Miami.  The Wild Card team would have a good chance with their starting QB, but will probably get clobbered without him.

I think it's more possible Los Angeles knocks off Jacksonville, and then gives Kansas City a run for their money.

Odds are very strong that our road to the Super Bowl goes through the Bengals/Chiefs though.

54 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He is probably waiting for Ravens to give him guaranteed contract extension as he is entitled to as former MVP.

I agree his contract should have been worked out. Last I heard Lamar pulled the plug on contract talks when season began. Maybe if they offered a new\good contract he would except. I think the Ravens will be sorry that they didn't get a deal done this year.

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Unless Anthony Brown can transform into Lamar Jackson between now and then, I don't see them having much of a chance.  Two picks and a 46 QB rating isn't going to get it done.

We will know soon enough if they have a chance.  I 

Don't count the underdogs a chance because ea.ch year there are how the heck did  team a beat team b.  

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Jackson’s backup isn’t even throwing in practice. It’s a layup for us and cincy to play a rematch. 

Maybe they won't win by passing but defensive to's and the Ravens ground and pound leaving burrows and his offense on sidelines watching.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Agree 1

Jags beat Bolts and go to upset K.C.  Ravens beat Cincy then come to Buffalo. Bills host Jags for AFCCG. IS that possible? ....assuming we beat Miami...or is there at least a scenario where Cincy has to come here?

I'm really starting to dig on the Jags. They can beat anyone in this turney except the Bills.

Edited by nosejob

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Oh I think there is a possibility. It took 5 Raven turnovers and a 3rd string QB for Cinci to beat Baltimore by 11 point on Sunday.

The game was never really as close as the score shows.  Cincy was up 24-7 at halftime. The Bills beat NE by 12 and that game was much more competitive than the Bengals-Ravens game.

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, Billz4ever said:

The game was never really as close as the score shows. 

And then scored 3 total points the rest of the game.

They do that it seems. The week before they went up 22-0 on NE and then almost lost.

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Cincy was up 24-7 at halftime.

Thanks to 4 turnovers…

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

And then scored 3 total points the rest of the game.

They do that it seems. The week before they went up 22-0 on NE and then almost lost.

Thanks to 4 turnovers…

OK and?  NE played us tougher than Baltimore played Cincy.  The game was really never in doubt.  The game was literally a two score lead or more the entire game.

48 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Jags beat Bolts and go to upset K.C.  Ravens beat Cincy then come to Buffalo. Bills host Jags for AFCCG. IS that possible? ....assuming we beat Miami...or is there at least a scenario where Cincy has to come here?

I'm really starting to dig on the Jags. They can beat anyone in this turney except the Bills.

Remember the Jags!!! ™️

Just now, Einstein said:

And it’s unlikely a team gets 5 turnovers for consecutive weeks.

And therefore the game will likely be much closer and I can even see Baltimore pulling the upset under the right circumstances. 

But they did get 5 turnovers and when you have backups at QB and RB, who aren't as talented as the starters, the offense is going to suffer. Not to mention, with Lamar out, you not only removed their starting QB, but also their best runner.

And it wasn't just turnovers. Anthony Brown was under 50% completion and was sacked 4 times.

I'm sure the Bills would love to play games where they won and led by at least 2 scores the entire game.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Lamar isn't playing.  Huntley is likely out too.  So that leaves another road game in Cincy for Anthony Brown.  Get ready for Bills vs. Bengals in 10 days fellas.

for all you know burrow blows a knee out on the third play, but yes, it’s a long shot - especially if Lamar is out. 

6 hours ago, JY422 said:

Rd 1:

Rd 2:

Rd 3:

OMG!! I’m dreaming…. Go Bills!! 

6 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I am resigned to the fact our road to the SB will include a meet up with the Bengals. They are the team to beat. After watching our secondary get carved up last week by mediocre Mac Jones, it gives one pause.

Green lighting: I agree with you it’s up to our pass rush to get some kind of pressure! Mac had 5-6 seconds to scan the field & throw the ball. Burrow will eat us alive- but if Micah & Po get back for this game- could make Allthe difference in the world! Go Bills!

4 hours ago, dakrider said:

So who matches up better against the Chiefs,  Jax or Chargers???  I would say Jax does because of their team speed. But its hard to beat a team 3 times in 1 year as well and Chargers are familiar with KC.  

Jags are probably going to crush the Chargers. 

For the Jags to beat KC, they would have to have a monster day on defense. I think they can score more than usual against KC’s bad defense but will need some help.

Edited by Governor

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.