Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, I think this is right, but doesn't Hopkins have to agree to the reworked contract? Hence, some influence on where he ends up.

He only has to agree if it changes the length of contract I think.  If they do the "kick the can" route and give him the money up front and AZ eats it then he doesn't have to.  If they try to add void years to his contract and extend his salary/cap hit over those terms, he will need to sign off on it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You'd think if Dee wanted to go to the Bills, and no one else blew the Cards socks off, they'd do him a solid.  It would be better than the rep hit for sending their star player somewhere he doesn't want to be over 30 slots.  I think if the Bills really want him, then there's a good chance this happens.  

McBeane worry me, not Arizona. 

I think they have a lot of faith in Gabe and Spencer. 

If the Bills want him I agree, he will be a Bill.

1 minute ago, notwoz said:

Apologies if this aspect has already been discussed, but assuming the financial issues could be worked out in Buffalo's favor could Hopkins and Diggs co-exist on the same team?

It's been touched on a while back. You can only speculate. Some suggest Diggs would be a selfish diva and it would be acrimonious, but most believe having Hopkins makes it harder to double Diggs which is good for Diggs and the team will win which is what Diggs is ultimately about. I think the latter more true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

So you favor a VERY expensive WR who will be 31 next year over every player in this draft? A young guy who will be here 4-5 years on the (relative) cheap? They may have a handful of guys they LOVE, but don’t expect them to fall to them. I’m all for a player of Hopkin’s ability and what he could do for us. I just think this is one of those games of chicken and we’ll have to wait and see. 

The condition is obviously they eat a portion of his salary. But hell yes I'm taking the sure thing.

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The tweet from OBJ I think is about Devin Booker who he’s boys with and frequently at Suns games.  Suns bounced the Clippers last night from playoffs, hence “BOOOOOKUMMM” tweet.  But people assuming it must mean either Lamar signed or Hopkins is coming…or both.

I think it's either Lamar got a deal done with Baltimore or somewhere else. Pacman (if he's to be believed) checked into it live with his "source" and then delivered the "news" about Buffalo and KC. So I don't think it's about Hopkins - but who knows what's true or not these days.

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

The condition is obviously they eat a portion of his salary. But hell yes I'm taking the sure thing.

Fair enough. They don’t move back that far. I think the devil is in the details here. How much salary, exactly. What other details are there? I think I’d wait, but they may not have any acceptable options……yet. It may be a game of chicken. It may also be a hundred other things. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly?  Hopkins, OBJ and Lamar in the same offense would be awesome to watch. 

If we don’t get him, Hopkins going anywhere but KC is a win.  

Throw CIN a real threat in-division if Lamar can stay healthy..  That’s fine by me. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Throw CIN a real threat in-division if Lamar can stay healthy..  That’s fine by me. 

Yes, that is true, but the fact that the good qbs and offensive weapon talent is migrating into our conference and ending up with rival teams that are playoff teams is not on balance a good thing. 

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ravens had Cincy beat, with their backup QB, if said player doesn't try to be superman at the goalline.

I think they'll be just fine, with or without Hopkins...key is keeping Lamar healthy, as you did note.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, that is true, but the fact that the good qbs and offensive weapon talent is migrating into our conference and ending up with rival teams that are playoff teams is not on balance a good thing. 

I want the one seed. Enough of this nonsense where, somehow, someway, KC always has the easiest road to the Super Bowl. 

Making sure CIN doesn’t have a divisional cakewalk helps that goal.  

It’s already absurd, no matter where Hopkins goes.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I hope her knowledge is as bad as she talks. She's a podcaster?

If they have to figure out compensation and money how the ***** do they know it’s close? What else do they have figured out anyway?

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I hope her knowledge is as bad as she talks. She's a podcaster?

I think this “source” is about as credible as ErieCountyBills, especially considering she’s couching her info by saying it’s all “streets talk” giving her a way out if it doesn’t happen.  

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

Gonna happen man, watch, he’s single and ready to mingle 

Maybe but that tweet is just made up BS.  What source is tracking phone numbers?