Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

Today is not the day to make a trade, since you have no idea who might fall to you. We might have a bunch of Bills fans staying up late to see……the Bills not making a pick. I think most would be okay with that if it came to be. 

Disagree. Get it done and you still do what you do draft wise. Getting Hopkins moves the needle in our favor.... significantly.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Disagree. Get it done and you still do what you do draft wise. Getting Hopkins moves the needle in our favor.... significantly.

So you favor a VERY expensive WR who will be 31 next year over every player in this draft? A young guy who will be here 4-5 years on the (relative) cheap? They may have a handful of guys they LOVE, but don’t expect them to fall to them. I’m all for a player of Hopkin’s ability and what he could do for us. I just think this is one of those games of chicken and we’ll have to wait and see. 

If the rumored pick swap with us is even true, ravens could offer 22 as part of their swap and the cardinals probably take that deal. They’re desperate to get weapons around lamar. 22>27. Good luck with Lamar throwing you the ball though

Edited by BillsSbSoon

You'd think if Dee wanted to go to the Bills, and no one else blew the Cards socks off, they'd do him a solid.  It would be better than the rep hit for sending their star player somewhere he doesn't want to be over 30 slots.  I think if the Bills really want him, then there's a good chance this happens.  

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

But he does have a say in how willing he is to renegotiate his contract. It's disingenuous to imply he has no influence on what team he is eventually traded to.

Pretty sure he needs to have his contract reworked before the trade by AZ so he fits under the cap (or AZ eats some of it).  I think you can't take on a cap hit that puts you over and then try to rework it.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I imagine the Ravens talk stems from this:

The tweet from OBJ I think is about Devin Booker who he’s boys with and frequently at Suns games.  Suns bounced the Clippers last night from playoffs, hence “BOOOOOKUMMM” tweet.  But people assuming it must mean either Lamar signed or Hopkins is coming…or both.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Pretty sure he needs to have his contract reworked before the trade by AZ so he fits under the cap (or AZ eats some of it).  I'm pretty sure you can't take on a cap hit that puts you over and then try to rework it.

Yes, I think this is right, but doesn't Hopkins have to agree to the reworked contract? Hence, some influence on where he ends up.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Multiple Baltimore insiders

They are all going off the same one radio dj's claim. I don't believe it. Could see it happening,  but I don't believe it based on the source. 

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You'd think if Dee wanted to go to the Bills, and no one else blew the Cards socks off, they'd do him a solid.  It would be better than the rep hit for sending their star player somewhere he doesn't want to be over 30 slots.  I think if the Bills really want him, then there's a good chance this happens.  

Didn't Arizona somehow get voted lower than the WTFs in a player confidence in team management/organization poll or something recently?

Edited by Warcodered